So Far Away

Dating 101

"Ok definitely no more running!" Evelyn huffed, holding her side as she reached the sidewalk of her apartment complex.

"Evie I see flowers on the steps." Sarah informed picking them up searching for a card.

"Who are they from?"

"Bleh." She expressed in disgust. "Conner."

"Sorry for last night. We need to talk." The card read.

"What happened last night?"

"Nothing for you to worry about. Come on lets get some breakfast going."

Sarah knew something was up but she didn't want to pry any further right now. She could sense Evie had something on her mind but if it were anything serious, she would of said something. "So Brian has the hot's for you."

"What? Where'd that come from?" Evelyn laughed spilling some of the scrambled eggs out of the pan.

"Are you kidding me? The man practically drools over you when you're around."

"I don't think it's that serious. I mean you've read about him, he looks at every woman like that."

"Evie do you have any idea how cool it would be if you dated him? I mean actually dated a member of Avenged Sevenfold! Fucking Synyster Gates!!" Her voice heightened as she raised her arms for dramatic effect.

"Hey! Language, besides I'm not interested really. My focus is on you and I don't need anything in the way of that."

"Evie, get a grip. You can't give up your life and all the aspects of it for me. Its depressing. You are young and beautiful and this man I know want's to be your boo. Get up on that!"

"You're insane. Besides he's too cocky and border line arrogant. I can't be with someone like that, he'd get on my nerves."

"Would you give him a chance if he asked you out?"

"I really don't know. What is this 21 questions?" Evelyn was taken aback by the sudden interrogation.

"No Eve's I'm just curious is all."

---------------

"Brian Haner!" Valary's soft voice called from the front door of his home. "I swear, he lives alone why does he need such a big house. I bet he rides a damn bicycle to get to this door."

"What?" Brian greeted out of breath.

"Do you have someone over here?"

"No, but I was in the kitchen making something to eat."

"Good, make us something to."

"Who sent you?" Brian lowered his eyes, suddenly annoyed as to why Valary and Lacey were standing at his front door on a Sunday afternoon.

"We sent us. Now stop being rude and let us in, it's hot as hell out here."

"Alright what do you guys really want?"

"Honestly Brian, do something with your hair." Lacey scrunched her face at his untamed hair.

"That's rich, considering Johnny's had the same mohawk since 11th grade."

"Don't make fun of my baby. He's a sweet heart, you on the other hand are going to need some work."

"Work? What is this?"

"It has come to our immediate attention that you have become quite smitten with a certain young lady and we are here to make sure you don't screw this up." Valary explained.

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious. You're going to be 28 next month it's time for you to get serious about someone and stop the macho shit."

"Yes mother. I'm not dating your sister again that's for sure." He pointed a quick finger in Valary's direction.

Brian, the bandmates, Lacey, Valary, and her sister were all in school together. Brian dated Michelle which is Valary's older sister through high school and a little after they graduated and it ended terrible. Michelle cheated, Brian cheated, it was just a free for all. But once it came out that they were both cheating on each other neither one of them could handle it. They've been split up for about 7 years now.

"No one asked you to. We are here for the new interest of yours." Lacey corrected.

"I'm not going to put my pinky up when I drink something."

"Just shut up. So describe her to us."

"Ok well she's about 5'4, smoking body. I mean ass like a bubble, boobs that would make a porn star jealous. Her hair is long and black but it's kind of curly but it's kind of not. These amazing green eyes. Her eyes are the most beautifulest eyes I have ever seen on a woman. They just dance when I look in them with a hint of innocence behind them."

"Now see, you described her like a creep until you described her eyes. You became more sincere and romantic talking about them." Valary informed.

"Well she's sexy. I mean what could I say?"

"You could have said, she's a petite woman with ravishing curves that form together beautifully."

"That makes me sound like a bitch." Brian laughed out loud.

"Oh God, give me strength." Lacey shook her head at how oblivious this man was.

"You gonna make me walk in a straight line now with books on my head?"

"We should!" Valary stated. "You have got to work on this man. Greet her with a smile, compliment her beauty with carefully picked words. Instead of sexy or hot, use beautiful or gorgeous. Tell her she smells nice, 'your perfume is intoxicating.' Never say anything about her weight, don't ask if she's lost weight or anything in regards to her weight. Just don't."

"Yeah and express how beautiful her eyes are. Let her know what her eyes do to you. Don't be afraid of sounding cheesy, girls actually like to be complimented at all times." Lacey added.

"You guys are making it seem like i'm proposing to this woman."

"One day you might! We all just want to see you happy Brian! Humor us please." Valary pleaded.

"I understand. But I really don't think this girl is interested in dating right now. She takes care of a sick kid, she's not going to want to take her focus away from that."

"Then you express how you'll be there for her. You'll come over and spend time with her. You don't have to come out and go on extravagant dates. Play games, go over and make her dinner and just talk. Get to know her before she really does find someone that catches her interest." Valary suggested.

"Alright, alright. Just let me be. You women." He huffed shooing the girls out of his kitchen.

"Remember what we said! And don't blow this, from what Jimmy says she's a very nice and down to earth girl." Lacey mentioned.

"I've got it. Thank you." He smiled as they walked down the driveway. "Jimmy, I'm going to fucking destroy you." Brian growled running hands through his hair and tugging at his short spikes that were sticking off every other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler chapter but HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY THE REV SULLIVAN!!!! Currently dealing with a flu ridden toddler so I didn't get to put much into this but a filler is always good. I'll be sure to write a better chapter tomorrow. Thank you so much for reading :D comment if you'd like to see anything happen or just want to give suggestions on anything! I'm open to everything. <3