New Gotham: Eroz

Get Frankie!

"I love gliding over the city at night, it's so pretty," Eroz said to himself as his large wings sprawled out across the New Gotham night sky. He had pulled out his phone to take a picture until he had received a transmission on his headset.

"Eroz, the target is moving!" a voice said through the headset.

"Oh fun! Time to get to work!" Eroz secured his phone into his white and pink wetsuit as he swan dove into the outskirts of the city, to an old run down factory.

The windows were busted out, rust seemed to decorate every door hinge and window frame along with the unkempt greenery that crawled up the factory walls. He could hear the door to the factory creaking open as a man slid inside with a briefcase. Eroz quietly flew into an open window leading to the upper catwalks of the factory. It was dark, only the moonlight had given the factory some lighting, but Eroz could see a man standing underneath the shattered skylight in the center of the factory's first floor. It wasn't long before he could hear the quick footsteps of the other man approaching the center of the factory

"Frankie?" The man called out as he slowed his pace.

"Bout damn time George!" Frankie said with a puff from his cigar.

George began to ramble, "Sorry Frankie, the kids wouldn't go to sleep, they kept insisting on-"

"Where's the money!" Frankie interrupted him clearly pissed off.

George quickly handed Frankie the briefcase, "So did you make him suffer?"

Frankie opened the briefcase to reveal $100,000, "Nah, I ain't lay a single bullet in him."

George looked confused, "So you stabbed him?"

"No I out paid you." a man said coming out from the shadows.

"Mr. Louis?" George said in a shock stepping back.

"I had paid Frank to keep tabs on all of the people I had screwed over when this factory went to shit. Low and behold, he tells me you paid him a good sum of money to nix me!" Louis said with a chuckle.

"Listen I-" George tried to defend his position, "I didn't-"

"Shut up!" Louis yelled as he turned to Frankie, "Frankie, I'll pay you an extra $50,000 if you make this little shit suffer!"

Frankie laughed as he pulled out his gun, "Consider it done."

Frankie aimed his pistol toward George's kneecap with a smile as he began to pull the trigger. George continued to beg for mercy as Louis turned away and was engulfed by the shadows of the factory. Frankie released his first bullet into George's right kneecap.

"FUCK!" George cried out with tears streaming down his face as he clutched the bullet wound.

Another cry went out from the shadows followed by what sounded like someone beating a sack, then muffles. Only George's whimpering filled the factory as everyone looked to the darkness. Eroz slid his goggles onto his eyes and turned the lens to a night vision mode as he began to scope the room.

"Oh, party!" Eroz whispered to himself as he could see Louis tied upside down with black and gold rope.

"The Bird!" Frankie screamed out followed by blind gunfire.

Eroz quickly turned around to see the Sparrow facing off with Frankie.

"This don't concern you freak!" Frankie shouted as he tried to lay waste to the caped crusader.

"Any form of injustice concerns me, Franklin." Sparrow said quickly kicking the gun out of Frankie's hand, followed by a quick jab into the gut and finishing with an elbow to the back of Frankie's neck. Frankie's body hit the floor like a ton of bricks as silence filled the factory again.

"Thank you so much Sparrow!" George began to praise him, "If you hadn't gotten here in time there's no telling what-"

"The police are on their way" Sparrow interrupted, "They'll deal with you."

George silently hung his head in shame.

Eroz realized he was missing a perfect opportunity to finish his target off. He pulled his crossbow out from it's satchel on his back and aimed it for Frankie. "Target locked" the bow's scope read as Eroz pulled the trigger. The arrow hurtled through the factory straight for Frankie's head but The crimson Bat caught the arrow by it's body before it reached it's destination.

"Eroz!" Sparrow said.

"Oh hey, Birdy! How's things been?" Eroz said standing up from his crouched position in the catwalks.

"What are you doing here?" Sparrow asked as he threw the arrow to the floor.

"Rude! I asked you a question first!" Eroz said jokingly, "What do you think I'm here for? To play tag?"

"You have no business here! But since you are, I think I'll take you in for your crimes as well." Sparrow said reaching for his utility belt.

"Crimes? I wouldn't call them that, I'd say... cleaning up the community!" Eroz said smiling and waving his crossbow around.

"I'm gonna have to take you in." Sparrow said as he grappled up to the catwalks.

"Bird Wonder, you know I love playing dirty, especially with a hunk like yourself, but this is business!" Eroz said as he changed the dial on his Crossbow to a setting labeled "Sleep Arrow."

"Let's not make this harder than it has to be." Sparrow said as his metal boots clanged onto the catwalk.

Eroz realized his arrows weren't going to pierce through the hero's bodysuit plated with artificial feathers that reflected damage from most weapons.

"Alrighty looks like we're gonna have to get crafty here!" Eroz said as he looked into the bird beaked shaped helmet that the Sparrow was wearing.

Sparrow noticed Eroz's concentration and quickly made a move toward him punching him once in the abdomen followed by a jab to the face. Eroz quickly spread his wings as he forced a large gust of air toward the bird themed hero, forcing him to slide down the catwalks.

"That was a pretty cheap shot, especially for you!" Eroz said as he aimed his crossbow toward Sparrow once more, "Let me return the favor!"

Eroz shot his arrow for a weak spot in Sparrows armor, hitting him on his side. Sparrow grunted as he grabbed for the arrow to remove it. Police sirens rang loudly in the background as Eroz spread his wings once more, leaping into the air. He quickly positioned his crossbow to aim for Frankie once again, and once the target was locked, he released an arrow riddled with poison. Sparrow quickly threw a Sparrow-rang to intercept the arrow but missed it resulting in the arrow successfully entering Frankie's chest. Frankie let out a dying gasp as the poison crept through his veins killing him.

"Well I guess this mission was a success all-in-all." Eroz said with a smile as he put his crossbow back into it's satchel on his back.

As Eroz began to fly for the open skylight his foot was caught by a rope from Sparrow.

"Hey let go! Just take the lose!" Eroz said as he yanked his foot pulling Sparrow off of the catwalks.

"I'm not letting you kill anyone else!" Sparrow said filled with rage.

"Wow Batman taught you orphans a lot on upholding justice I see." Eroz said as he flew around the factory with Sparrow swinging beneath him. "Sorry to do this to you, but you're just a little to clingy for me! I think you need to just let go!"

Eroz came to a sudden halt inches before hitting the factory wall, resulting in Sparrow to continue swinging full force into the wall. Sparrow grunted as he released his grip on the rope and fell to the floor trying to pull himself together.

"Ouch! That's gotta hurt! Oh well, catch ya on the flip!" Eroz said as he flew into the night sky.

Sparrow came to, but it was too late Eroz was out of reach.