Status: Thank you for giving this book a chance!

Until We Meet Again

Letter ; 2

~December 3rd~

。Reason : Mom 。

Remember when we were kids, when we were only tiny five year olds with no worries? On Christmas Eve, we were both under the covers reading storybooks. You were giggling at a picture of the Big Bad Wolf. Whereas, I was trembling at the sight of the sketched wolf. Nothing scared you. But, that night you trembled under the sheets in silence. The voice of our parents fights resonated throughout the lifeless house.

Mom said some things, mostly aimed at Dad. And Dad said some things, mostly aimed at us.

Remember when he said, "We should have given them up for adoption!"

You sobbed on my shoulder in utter defeat. Even twenty years down the line, I never came across that version of you ever again.

The divorce was finalized when Dad decided to lose his temper and physically abuse Mom. Unfortunately, you witnessed that. I remember the trauma that you went through after that. You weren't the same. You had toughened up, protecting Mom and I from imaginary danger. Sometimes it was amusing, and other times it was just aggravating.

So, after the first time Dad slapped her, you came bounding down the steps with your fists curled. And your five year old hands punched his leg repeatedly. It didn't do much damage to him. But, a lot to you.

I remember you promising Mom, "I'm going to protect you."

But now that you're gone, who is going to protect her? I can hear her sobbing from her room, full on wailing. It pains me but I am not good at comforting people. I never was. You should've stayed for her. You promised.

You deserved happiness. So much of it. You deserved every bit of joy in this world. You deserved every smile, every laugh, every moment of pure love. I don't know how I would've made you stayed. I'm confused, and lost. What am I without you? I don't know how I would have made you stay but I would have.

Today, when we arrived at our new house in this new town, I didn't know what to expect. I started college, wanting to get my English Literature degree, as I worked part-time in the clinic with a therapist. Everything in this town was so new. You would've loved it so much. You should've stayed for what could have been.

~Until We Meet Again。