Status: i wrote this years ago. 2008. when i tried to kill myself. luckily it didnt work.

My Last Story

Last

My breath is slowing, my eyes are getting heavy. It takes a while for my eyes to adjust. Is it working? Am I dying? Mindless Self Indulgence is blaring in the background. My arms are burning. It looks like someone took a chainsaw to them. My stomach starts to hurt, and I wait.

I close my eyes. I see my friends crying, my parents speechless. Everyone is wearing black. People I know are walking up the isle and stopping. There is a black stained, purple lined coffin in front of them. It starts to rain, no one cares about the water. The coffin is lowered 6 feet into the ground as my dad tries to say words. I cant hear anything but the sound of someone crying.

The scene changes to someone standing far away from the gathering. Crying in the rain, he lifted his head. His hands were in his pockets, his hair draped over his eyes. Tears and raindrops fell on his collar. The collar I gave him, it was Matt.

Everyone left and Matt slowly walked up to the freshly filled grave. He broke down and cried on his knees. He looked up, touching the name on the stone. He read it out loud, 'Here lies Jessica R. Brem A writer and Artist. 1993-2008'. He screamed;
"She Couldnt! Why? No!"
He cried until he couldnt cry anymore. He stared at the stone;
"Jessi, I love you, so much. You didnt have to do this. You helped me through everything. I need you, Jessi!"
He teared up. Grabbed the black rose from his pocket, around it was a chain and key. The key I gave him.
"You have they key to my heart."
He placed the rose and chained key on the tombstone and walked away. My eyes didnt open.