Make Me Stay

Proposition

Taking a long look out the window he could hear the rest of the members chatting away on the van ride back to the dorm, but all he could think about was leaving again. It’d been ages since he’d seen her, almost two months if he’d counted right. A small smile curved his lips as he thought about her, he knew the guys would tease him about it as he left, but all he couldn’t care less about that; all he wanted was to be wrapped up in her and that wonderful down blanket she’d gotten right before he left. Kyungsoo remembered exactly how she smelled, like vanilla and cinnamon - but there was a hint of floral there that he was never able to place. He remembered the first time he saw her, he was out going to the movies on his own; and it was late so there wasn’t really anyone about.

Kyungsoo always liked going during the evening to avoid the day crowd and the possibility of fans finding him, it was like the movie was playing just for him. However, this night in the theater he saw a girl sat in the middle row where he usually sat - he felt a bit out-of-place so he slowly made his way to the usual spot.

“Can I sit with you?” he’d asked her and she looked up shocked; he was certain he’d almost given her a heart attack.

“Sure,” she’d replied, and it was just like that they’d become inseparable.

Meeting to watch movies almost every Saturday till eventually fans found out he was meeting someone. The “scandal” was fortunately short lived which gave them a sense of peace, so they took it as a hint they should actually do more than stuff their faces with nachos. He took her to a nice dinner in Seoul, and he learned more about her there than he’d anticipated.

During the movies they would converse, but there were periods of silence where the two were actually watching the film. At dinner they could concentrate on each other and carry a conversation without feeling as if they were missing something. It was a nice change of pace, twice a week he tried to see her; when his schedule got busy he’d text her when he could. Without fail, however she’d greet him good morning and goodnight - wishing him a good day then a restful sleep. It was a little over a month before he introduced her to the members of the group, thankfully for him they all behaved because he had been worried they’d do something embarrass him and that was the last thing he wanted.

When they arrived at the dorm he was first out of the car, he waved to the few fans who had waited out front for them then headed inside. He had to get ready, he could shower at her place later but he wanted to change his clothes. Traveling really didn’t leave for people to smell nice, cramped into a small metal tube with stale air; it wasn’t ideal. Kyungsoo got ready in record time, the last of their bags were being hauled in and he was already about to head out the door with his backpack filled with enough to get him through three days.

“You’re leaving us already?” Joonmyeon questioned with a small smile curving his lips, he was the most accepting of the relationship. There weren’t many things that made him smile, but God did she make him happy, “We only just got back.”

Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders, “It’s not like we’re doing anything interesting here, and if you need me you know where to find me. I’ve been stuck with all eight of you for two months… I need my space,” he joked lightly as he looked at the leader the pushed a hand through his hair.

“I’ll be back in time for the photo shoot on Thursday - don’t worry.”

A small nod came from the leader who began to haul his bag into his room he shared with two other members. Kyungsoo didn’t envy him in the slightest as he walked out the door, he climbed back into the van telling the driver where to take him to Lily’s apartment. The excitement was bubbling in his stomach now, and he began to think about when he had to leave; he didn’t want to. Often when he left there were tears on both sides, and he hated it - knowing that anything could change her mind. Being with him came with a whole other side of issues. The fans; while he loved them, were extremely overbearing, sometimes to the point where it got violent. If anything ever happened to drive her away he wouldn’t know what to do with himself, but he’d never forgive the fans that caused the split.

Lily had been through a lot of hate when it came to dating him, but she seemed to handle it well. Infact most of the time she seemed to either not know what was going on, or she just really didn’t care. The first time he saw her look hurt by something a fan said was when it was directed at him; if he was being honest he had never seen her more angry in his life than when someone insulted him, and he was the opposite. Whenever someone insulted her he felt the rage boil inside of him, and if someone was close he might take it out on them but he tried not to. Though is Sehun had a knack for annoying him, he might hit him with a pillow one too many times as a punishment for everyone who had wronged the woman he cared for.

There was something he’d been considering for a few days now, something that would make it easier on the two of them despite his constantly being away. He toyed with the idea in his head before smiling at the thought of it; her becoming his wife would definitely make him unbelievably happy but he knew that a lot came with that as well. The expectation of children, and possibly even issues with fans when he was off the market permanently. It wasn’t that he was opposed to the idea of kids, but he knew that they were both still young in their careers with the desire to be more secure in a job before either of them decided to have a couple of kids.

The van stopped, and he climbed out thanking the driver before he shut the door making his way up to her apartment. It was on the third floor - it had an amazing view from a large window in her living room, and in the mornings they would watch the sunrise together while they drank hot tea or coffee. She had to be at work early so it was nice to be able to wake up with her in a calm way, as opposed to how he usually woke up in the dorm. He unlocked the door with his key, he noted that the lights were dim so he took his shoes off putting on his own personal slippers before locking the door behind him and making his way into the apartment.

And there she was, sat on the couch with her feet curled under her as she read a book. When she looked up he saw her entire face light up, “You’re back!” she exclaimed in excitement as she quickly made her way over to him. “I didn’t even hear you come in,”

“I was trying to surprise you,” he grinned then leaned down pressing his lips against hers, a long sigh escaped him. God, he had missed her so much finally being in her arms was exactly what he had needed. “I missed you,” he spoke once he pulled out of the tender kiss.

A small smile curved her lips as she stroked his face gently, she removed the face mask that covered his chin and took his hat off, “I missed you too, are you hungry? I dinner should be done soon,” that was another thing about her, she was a fantastic cook. She took to Korean Cuisine like a fish to water despite not being from there. He adored it when she’d make American dishes, the flavors were so different than they were here. “I’m making baked spaghetti,” she told him as she pulled out a block of cheese from the fridge then using the cheese grater to grate more than enough for the both of them.

“I don’t think I’ve had this before,” he said with raised brows, but it smelt so good - between the smell of her, the apartment and the food... This was home. “I’ve been wanting to talk to you about something kind of important,” he moved behind her wrapping his arms around her waist laying his head on her shoulder from behind.

A small laugh escaped her and he swore his heart fluttered, “It’s because you haven’t had it, my mom e-mailed me the recipe so I figured it’d be best to make it.. I’ve been really homesick lately,” the admission from her made him feel bad. She’d been here for over a year now, without a chance to visit home and part of him felt like it was his fault. Her job was only meant to keep her here for six months, but she’d decided to sign the two year contract so she could see where their relationship went.

“What was it?” she asked as she pulled from his arms to pull the food out of the oven and set it on the cabinet. “Nothing bad I hope,”

He shook his head and held his hands up, “It’s nothing serious, well... It’s kind of serious but it’s not bad,” he laughed nervously as he reached into his back pocket. Marriage wasn’t something he’d only thought of on whim, in fact he’d been thinking about it for the last six months. He flipped open the lid of the box and looked up at her, “Lily, I... it’s been so hard being away from you and this won’t change that sometimes I’ll just have to go because... It’s my job but you’ve been so understanding,” he said to her, and he could see her breathing quicken tears pricking her eyes.

“Will you marry me?” he was wearing his heart on his sleeve right now, and he knew this wasn’t the best way to propose but he couldn’t wait anymore. He’d ask her every day till they got married if she wanted but he just needed to know that she was his without question.

She stammered at first making him nervous but then nodded,” yes,” it was meek but then she launched herself into his arms, “YES I will marry you, oh my god,” she whispered as she buried her face into his neck. Kyungsoo had never been so happy in his life, he felt as if he were floating with her in his arms, slowly her returned the embrace burying his face into her shoulder.

He never wanted to let her go, this moment was far too perfect for it to end now.