Heart to Get

november 3, 2016

Today I saw a boy at the bookstore. He was like a copy and paste version of the boys I would see on Tumblr. He was tall with fair chestnut color haired, perfectly styled for the Gods. There was something about his hair that made me wanted to run my fingers. I can imagine it was like running your fingers through silk. His skin pale but there was an evident tan. He wore thin, black-rimmed glasses behind his hazel eyes; which he kept pushing up every so often. His jawline was to die for; sharp and kissable. I could feel my lips twitch eagerly, craving the touch of the skin of his exposed collar bones.

I decided to call him Ryan the longer I saw him. Ryan was wearing a black Thrasher sweatshirt that was drowning his thin body. His large hands were hidden in the sleeves of his sweatshirt. They would occasionally say hello and peek out as he reached his hands for a book. Ryan also wore navy blue jeans and beat up black Vans.

Ryan took his time around each section of the bookstore, but he kept his focus at the science section for the most part. I imagined Ryan as a huge nerd despite the skater appeal. He watches Star Wars, preferably over Star Trek. The movie created his love for Astronomy, which became his favorite class in school. Ryan’s favorite subject was science, despite him not doing so well in the classes. In fact, English was his best subject (and his second favorite). He loved reading and writing. It was evident to me when he went to the original fiction section.

Minutes passed and he was skimming through the CD section. Ryan had picked up a few, but I couldn’t tell what albums they were. I thought that Ryan was a fan of classic artists. I think he appreciates some Elvis, The Crickets, and Ritchie Valens. But I also think he enjoys Big Brother and the Holding Company, Radiohead, Copeland, and Nirvana. Probably not a lot of modern/popular rock bands. Despite the “skater boi” apparel, he isn’t a massive fan of rap. However, he can appreciate 90’s hip-hop, none of that “Drake shit.”

Ryan finally left after fifteen more minutes. He bought one book from the science section and a book from the poetry section. His voice was deep but soft. He was one of the people that I would temporarily fall in love with, and I would hope to see again. I hope Ryan likes his books, maybe one day we can discuss them. I ended up forgetting which book I was looking for, so I picked up The Color Purple and left.

See you around, Ryan.