Status: Will update when life doesn't have me down. :)

Shatter

Chapter 1

Anger had never been an emotion that she was accustomed to, before the accident with her brother and his brand new car, Sonia seemed immune to such a thing. She was ever smiling and happy, she never got into trouble, never fought over anything. Then she died and her persona changed, not like she had willed it that way, it just didn't feel like everything was right with the world like it had before.

"What'd you do this time Sonia? Please tell me it wasn't for fighting this time." An exasperated voice echoed, interrupting Sonia's thoughts.

Still staring at the weird spot on the wall beside her uncomfortable chair, Sonia replied, "This person deserved it this time." Sonia turned her honey gaze on the principle, last time she had let her anger get the best of her, but this time, the guy had deserved it. "I swear. Ask Izzy, Isabelle. She was the one he was being rude towards."

Rude was putting it lightly, he was being downright nasty towards her, but as usual, the teacher wasn't paying attention to such a thing. Matt was an athlete after all. Izzy wasn't the type to back down from anyone or to let a guy mess with her, but when he cornered her in the hallway right after class, Sonia jumped in.

"Mrs. Carawin didn't do anything about him when he was being rude to her during class, so I took it upon myself to do something after class," Sonia mumbled, her anger bubbling up a little until she saw the smile spreading across the man's lips. Confused, Sonia's anger fizzled into nothing. "What?"

"Sonia, you can't go punching people out in the halls like that," He sternly stated, "Look, I have to write you up for this, of course; wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't. Just try to keep yourself calm around the athletic pricks from now on alright?" He gave her a lopsided grin, his blue eyes twinkling mischievously as he stood from behind his desk.

"Sure thing Mr. Avow." Sonia replied, returning his smile as she stood as well, shouldering her bag as he look up at him. She stood 5' 9 yet he still loomed over her, his bulky frame due to serving in the military and excessive construction work.

"I've told you to call me uncle, but you never do." He scoffed, giving her shoulder a soft squeeze as he walked with her to the door. "Just try to keep that rage at bay."

"I'll see you later uncle Gerald." Sonia replied, turning from him to open his room door. She heard him chuckle as she exited, laughter was building in her chest as well, for the first time in weeks. That laughter was cut short as she slammed right into someone or something.

Sonia cried out as pain flared through her nose and cheeks. Her gloved hands go to cup her nose and mouth as she stumbles away from the object she'd run into. "Oh crap! I'm so sorry!" A male voice proclaims as her vision swims with tears from the pain. "Let me help you!"

Sonia side-steps the shadowy figure that approaches her, mumbling an appology. "No, no thank you." She blinks rapidly, trying to clear her vision as she hurries away from the doorway. She needed to find the nearest bathroom, her nose was dripping upon her gloves, she could feel the warmth spreading, she could feel the liquid dribbling down her throat and it made her gag.

Sonia hears the male cry out behind her, but she's already stumbling down the hallway towards the girls restroom, cursing herself for being so caught off guard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote some of this when I was 15 so don't judge too hard! xD