Book of Shadows

Hekate/HeCate

(Consider As A Dark Goddess)
Greek Crone Goddess, gatekeeper of the Underworld, guardian of the crossroads. Also known as the Goddess of Witchcraft. She lends power to spells for divination, intuition, banishing, protecting and transformation.
"Queen of Ghosts"
Generally identify as a spirit of black magick, Persphone's attendant with the power to conjure up dreams, phantoms and the spirits of the dead. In the upper world she haunts graveyards and crossroads and was invisible to all eyes expect those of the hounds who attended to her.
Greek Earth Goddess associated with the lower world, with night and the moon, ghosts and spirits and with magick, witches and sorcery. She was known as "Prythania of The Dead" or the "Invincible Queen", "Goddess of Enchantment and Magickal Charms".
She is the daughter of Perses and Asteria. Because she helped Zeus in his fight against Gigantes, Hekate was allowed to retain her powers.
She is associated with crossroads, she is often depicted as a triple goddess. Romans dubbed her as "Diana Triforms" - Diana, HeKate and Persephone. She was sometimes depicted with three animal heads dog, boar and horse.
Hekate was native of Thrace. She resembles Artemis in many ways and at times merge with her. She was powerful on Earth and in the sky and she was accompanied with a pack of dogs.
The torch is a symbol of Hekate from her search in Hades, with Demeter, for Persephone.
A/N I got this information from multiple websites.