The Unforgivable War

Prolouge

"Isie." Silence penetrated the room.

"Isie!" The silence continued to linger.

"Isie!" Turning her head slowly from the window where she was in deep thought, had she now responded to his fierce but caring words. He was drawn to her luminous brown eyes, and she stared at him as if the world would end at any moment.

Lost in her gaze, he brought himself to ask, "Isie... what are we going to do?" He showed no emotion, yet he knew that she sensed every nerve that dwelled within him rupturing as each minute passed.

"Vincent... I love you." Tears rolling down her pale cheeks as she turned back to the window, which had shown the night sky filled with merciful stars, each glistening ever so brightly. An ironic contrast to the horizon that glowed reds, yellows, and blacks resulting from the war that slowly approached them.

"No Isie! Don't you do this to me! Don't say your goodbyes... not yet! We will get through this."

He had stepped forward from where he was standing, and embraced her in a warm but unyielding hug. He wanted to hold her and never let go, he wanted to drown her in kisses... he didn't want to separate from her. She was all he had.

"Promise me this Vincent", she had finally spoken. She broke his hug and gaped into his violet eyes.

"Anything Isie... anything for you." He pressed his soft, warm lips atop her forehead and soon he could feel that her forehead was wet. He had realized that he was crying and with that he broke away to regain his composure.

"Promise me th --.", her words broke off as she began crying. He hated to see her in this state but there was nothing that he could do more but hold her close. He held her tight, not wanting to let go. Not wanting to let her out of his sight once more.

She looked at him again with those soft chocolate eyes, hypnotizing him with pools of love. Wiping her tears away she said, "Promise me that no matter what happens... don't leave me alone." There was a short silence before he began to smile. He knew that this was a promise he could live up to... for he loved her.

"Do not agonize over this Isie. I will keep this promise for you, and I will live up to it. I love you more than my heart can allow and I will make sure that not even death will do us part."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2 will be out, hopefully (*crosses fingers*), soon. Feedback is lovely!