The Unforgivable War

Epilogue

It was the year 1752, and he awoke to those same birds, singing their morning hellos, and to the warm sunlight caressing his violet eyes. Two years after that war, all seemed perfectly still within Italy. They had claimed their rights, but refused to their free pass to roam around Transylvania to dine. Italy had pride, and they refused the offer, only giving them a slight scare.

Although everything was to back to normal, there were still things out of place. He had still worked at the plantation, only now it had skyrocketed in its sales, leaving everyone awe-struck, and pondering over their secret to success. Of course, William didn’t use the blood on any of the new workers. In fact, he closed down the experimental rooms, seeing as it was only a constant reminder to that horrid day in the field. He abolished all of his findings, and put the basement to a good use. Now it was strictly for wine and as long as William was alive, it wouldn’t change from that.

Now the workers, William, he, and anyone else who was changed kept their little immortality a secret. It would die with them when the time came, and would only go down in books as an urban legend. He was proud of Italy’s victory, and he would never forget it.

Now he lay there in bed, looking out his window at the world just outside. Memories flooded him again, and he bit back tears. It was also two years without Isie, and it was beyond painful. Though he knew, wherever she was, she was still watching him, waiting for him to return to her. He was pleased that she was safe now, but yet missed her presence in the house. There was no emptiness, for William had moved in to keep him company, but he felt emptiness within him. He gradually did get better, only remembering the sweet memories he had had with her.

Now he watched the distant clouds roll in over the town, sprinkling water upon them. It never did cease to stop raining after that day. Isie would love it now, considering she always admired the rain. He liked to think it was she who made it rain, but it was a silly thought that would never leave him. Now the raindrops slid down his window, revealing a truth that was never discovered until now.

Although Isie was now gone, he never really broke his promise to her. Yes, he wasn’t there for her now, but he was always thinking of her, always in his heart. No existence that he knew of could change that. No one will ever take her place in his heart. The only thing he could do now was be thankful that he awoke this morning to see the sun. He was thankful that he was still in the presence of Earth, even if he is immortal, he felt alive. So now he looked upon the clouds, smiling up at Isie. He knew he would reunite with her again, and he smiled deeply at the thought. His love for her would only grow stronger; because not even death could do them part.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this was a rather short chapter, but it is an epilogue. ;-)
Thank you to all the readers who have been reading this story, as the chapters came.
Thank you for being patient when I didn't update as soon as possible.
Thank you.
I will be making another story, but I don't know when that will begin to show up.
Just keep on the lookout. ;-)

Lorain