The Unforgivable War

The Truth Is Revealed

As William finished telling him the news, he was taken aback. All this talk of war and immortals seemed foolish really, yet William had no hint of amusement as he told him. He was serious and that is what scared him the most. He had always believed that these immortals were an urban legend; only told to children as a bedtime story and to keep them out of trouble. Yet, this was no children’s story it turns out, it was all real and happening at that very moment.

“So what you mean to tell me is that we’re in some kind of immortal war as we speak and now I have to become one so I can fight in this war? William you’re talking nonsense! There is no such thing as vampires, werewolves, fairies, ghouls, or any of that child rubbish! William, please be serious with me. What’s going on with the plantation? What’s happened with you?”

He was mystified as he took in all this information. A part of him believed William, but the other part refused to believe it and he needed more proof!

“Vincent, I know how odd this may sound, but you must believe me. There is a war coming our way, and if we don’t prepare for it soon, we may not live to regret it. I don’t know how to tell you this, but the only way that seems comprehendible is just saying it bluntly. I am a night stalker Vincent. I was changed into one by my own choice. I knew there were going to be many men who want to fight in this war, but will not last one second if they are not “changed”. So I volunteered, in hoping to “change” some men and make them stronger. But before I can do any of that, I have to know if you will help me. Will you come with me and help me fight?”

Again, the tone of seriousness never left William. He thought this was all some sort of joke, and he was anxiously waiting for him to say it was and that everything was alright. Yet, it never came from William, only more talk about the war and preparations for it. It seemed like hours of talking, before William had finally told him what he had been dreading to hear.

“Vincent, you have to be changed. Before you woke, the doctor had come in to inspect the wound. He said it was a severe wound and a high risk for infection. A risk so high, it will cause death to be brought upon you. Vincent, if you let me change you I can save your life practically. I will change you not only for the war, but for your life Vincent. I would hate for you to leave Isie alone.”

“I am going nowhere William. You and I both know that. I just have to think about this. I mean one minute I’m being shot by an idiot, and the next I wake up to a war that is arising and that vampires really do exist. It’s a lot to take in and I’m not sure if I believe everything. I’m sorry but this is quite hard to take in.”

He couldn’t help but turn away from William and look down in disappointment. He knew he had hurt William with his words, but he spoke the truth. He could not believe a word William had said, and he could not think of time when he could.

“It is alright Vincent, but you do know I will have no choice but to change you. Isie is expecting it because she knows you’re in no condition to even leave your bed. It has to be done, or you face death. Please Vincent, let me help you.”

His words were so sincere that he knew he would regret his decision later on. He felt his head nodding but had no explanation why. He didn’t want to be changed, but soon he was bracing himself for what was to come. Surprisingly, the instant he agreed, William had pulled out ropes from thin air it seemed like. He began tying him to his bed, with arms and legs sprawled to each bedpost.

“William, I already told you I am not going anywhere. Why must you tie me?”

He was appalled at the course of action that his friend took upon him, wondering how bad this change may be. He chose to leave it out of his head, for he did not see the need in scaring himself. His head was then placed on a pillow and abruptly moved to the side, facing away from William.

“This change takes about a day my friend, but your body will be trying to deny the new blood. Plus, there is your thirst that I have to take into consideration. We can’t have you prowling around the town now can we? Now brace yourself Vincent, and try not to think of the pain.”

‘Pain? William said nothing about pain in his plan of changing me!’

His thoughts were then interrupted by a sharp piercing at the neck, and a wave of shock swept over him. The next thing he knew, he was escaping into nothingness as he heard screams echo off his bedroom walls and escape into the distant night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took lso ong to update.
I don't really like how this turned out, but I hope you guys do. :-/
Chapter 6 out soon I hope. :-)