The Unforgivable War

A New Life

He awoke to a burning pain in his neck, the images from the previous night all rolling slowly into his mind. He was still having trouble with believing William, but he figured if he was really changing into a night crawler, then everything else that William had said must have been true. He clutched his neck as he slowly emerged from his sleep and rose to his feet carefully. At least his abdomen was free from pain, but he still had this burning sensation piercing at his neck to deal with.

He trudged to his bathroom to freshen up, when a figure caught his eye. He snapped to it, avoiding the pain at his neck, and soon realized it was none other than William. He didn’t realize that he had spent the whole night here, and where was Isie? She was usually here by now, greeting him with their traditional morning kiss. Was something wrong?

“Buongiorno, my friend, did you sleep well?” It only seemed as if William became more beautiful over night. His skin was glistening with the sunlight that entered through the window, considering he had on a vivid green shirt, with charcoal black pants.

“Good morning to you as well William. Where did you sleep exactly, and where is Isie? Have you seen her?” He tried not to reveal the worry in his voice, but he couldn’t let Isie out of his sight again. He didn’t want her getting hurt like the last time.

“Oh, no need to worry about me Vincent. As for Isie, she went off with some of her friends today. I told her she needed the time off. She’s been working too hard, and I felt she deserved a break. Is that alright with you?”

Of course it was! He did not once think about Isie and how much she really pulled her weight around the house. He should have done it sooner. He felt horrible for expecting too much from her, with him healing and everything else coming into hand. He simply nodded in response and continued to freshen up. He wasn’t expecting to see someone else in the bathroom, but he soon realized that it was him.

He couldn’t believe it! His eyes although they were still violet, seemed to sparkle a deeper color and possessed a strange aura to them. His hair was now shiny and smooth, along with his pale complexion. He felt taller and… beautiful really. He couldn’t wait to reveal himself to Isie. She would be so thrilled once she saw him. He finished in the bathroom and placed a sky blue shirt along with some charcoal black pants, which seemed to match William’s ironically. Then they both settled in the kitchen, where there they would discuss the day’s plans as they “feasted” upon William’s catch for the day.

“So once we leave here, we will make our way down to the plantation and meet everyone else there. We will change some if we need to, but if it is not necessary, I suggest we keep moving and try to warn the other towns before it is too late. Once we’ve finished with that, we’ll need to start working on the armor. I know a couple of welders, but we’ll need more if we want everyone to fight. Then there is training we must arrange with the other men…”

At this point, Vincent was lost in his own thoughts. Only appearing to William that he was listening, he finally decided to take in all this new information. He was now an immortal. How did he feel? Bewildered, puzzled, baffled, horrified, powerful…it seemed these were all just understatements compared to the real feelings that hid within him. To be honest, this war terrified him. He didn’t want to fight with the immortals. Of course he wanted to kill some of those dogs, but was it really going to be worth living for an eternity? As long as he had Isie it wouldn’t matter though. How bad could being in love forever really be?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit short.
It's getting to the climax though.
I really hope you guys are liking this so far.
Tell me what you think!
Comments are always welcomed, both negative and postive. :-)