The Unforgivable War

It Has Begun

It’s been over year since that day he was first introduced to the experimental room. It’s been over year of experimenting on these sickly immortals, in which he was too fond of. He was just like them, in every way possible and could not manage to rid of that thought as he cut into the creature deeper. It’s been over year with these colossal grey clouds in the sky that have never seemed to move on. Not one drop of rain escaped from them, yet they still hung hauntingly over the towns. But now new colors had seemed to mix in with the grey. The constant changing colors of the horizon were the constant reminder that it was near, and he would soon be out there with them. But the thing that distraught him the most was that it was over a year since he last saw Isie.

He received letters from her occasionally. She seemed to be fine with the person she had been staying with, but recently the letters had came to a sudden halt as if someone had interrupted the flow of mail. He grew increasingly worried as each minute passed. He was constantly wondering where she had gone off to, if she was alright, if she needed help. With this war coming in no less than a day, he was terrified to not know where she was. The only thing that kept him composed was just a distant memory now. He remembered it so clearly though.

‘It was just after he was shown the experimental room, he couldn’t take it anymore for he was going insane with all the screams that just seemed to fill his head and never escape. So he had to escape, and he did. He ran out of the basement and made his way up to solid ground again, only wincing a few times at the sudden burst of light. He had no idea where he would go, but he knew he could not afford to go back to the house. He missed Isie so much; just passing by their home would bring back too many hurtful memories.

It seemed as he thought this, she had reappeared before his eyes, just as angels do when they appear to their loved ones as they slowly escape into eternal bliss. She was beautiful, even more so then when he last saw her. She wore a long lavender dress, which seemed to only accentuate every step she took towards him; her hair loosely falling upon her shoulders, bouncing, as she made her way towards him.

Not even a hello they shared, but a warm hug and many sweet kisses. It was a reunion of their love, and he never wanted it to end. He wanted to stay in this moment forever with her, and he could make it possible, but now was not the time to discuss that. They soon broke away from each other, and they both walked hand in hand down the road. Where they were headed, he had no idea but as long as he was with her, that was all that mattered.

Soon they had finished walking, and stopped right in front of their house. Just the place where he did not want to enter was the place she wanted to go. They made their way up the pathway to the cottage-like house and made their way into the bedroom. There he sat upon a chair, full of dust and cobwebs from the lack of use, while Isie stood next to the window watching night break. It seemed like hours, just admiring her beauty and treasuring the moments he was having with her. Just knowing that she was within plain sight and was safe was the greatest gift he could receive. Now, he had to talk with her, and tell her everything. It was only fair.

“Isie.” Silence penetrated the room.

“Isie!” The silence continued to linger.

“Isie!” Turning her head slowly from the window where she was in deep thought, had she now responded to his fierce but caring words. He was drawn to her luminous brown eyes, and she stared at him as if the world would end at any moment.

Lost in her gaze, he brought himself to ask, “Isie… what are we going to do?” He showed no emotion, yet he knew that she sensed every nerve that dwelled within him rupturing as each minute passed.

“Vincent… I love you.” Tears rolling down her pale cheeks as she turned back to the window, which had shown the night sky filled merciful stars, each glistening ever so brightly. An ironic contrast to the horizon that glowed reds, yellows, and blacks resulting from the war that slowly approached them.

“No Isie! Don’t you do this to me! Don’t say your goodbyes… not yet!! We will get through this.”

He had stepped forward from where he was standing, and embraced her in a warm but unyielding hug. He wanted to hold her and never let go, he wanted to drown her in kisses… he didn’t want to separate from her. She was all he had.

“Promise me this Vincent.” ,she had finally spoken. She broke his hug and gaped into his violet eyes.

“Anything Isie… anything for you.” He pressed his soft, warm lips atop her forehead and soon he could feel that her forehead was wet. He had realized that he was crying and with that he broke away to regain his composure.

“Promise me th--.” ,her words broke off as she began crying. He hated to see her in this state but there was nothing that he could do more but hold her close. He held her tight, not wanting to let go. Not wanting to let her out of his sight once more.

She looked at him again with those soft chocolate eyes, hypnotizing him with pools of love. Wiping her tears away she said, “Promise me that no matter what happens... don’t leave me alone.” There was a short silence before he began to smile. He knew that this was a promise he could live up to… for he loved her.

“Do not agonize over this Isie. I will keep this promise for you, and I will live up to it. I love you more than my heart can allow and I will make sure that not even death will do us part.”

With that, they had embraced once more, and he spoke again, “Isie…I’m—“

“I know what you are dear, and I still love you for the way you are. No need to fret over it.”

He couldn’t help but smile. He was hoping so much she would say that. He didn’t want her to be afraid of what he was because he was still the same person…just stronger.’


He couldn’t remember what happened next, but that was the only memory he had of them that was recent. Since then not another appearance from her, it was like she had disappeared from the face of this Earth. He missed her, and as soon as this war was over with he would take William with him and go in search for her. She couldn’t be… just as he feared his next thought, another scream ripped through his thoughts. He had forgotten all about this creature, and realized he had cut to deep. Now he had caused him permanent bleeding in which he could not stop. He panicked, realizing his mistake and soon began shouting out William’s name. As William rushed over, he couldn’t stop looking into this vampire’s eyes. His eyes seemed to posses hatred, fear, angst, frustration, and as William was trying to finish him off the vampire gave him one last look before letting out another horrible shriek as a sliver dagger had made his way into his heart. Haunted by what he just saw, words escaped his mouth but none seemed to make sense. He just killed his own kind, he committed murder.

“Vincent, it’s alright. I’m sure you were just caught up with other things. It’s alright, don’t become furious with yourself. Now I just received word that it’s time, and that they have just past The Esquiline Hills in Rome. We spent more than enough time training everyone Vincent. Now we shall put them to the test. I already have the armor in place upstairs. Everyone’s ready and in place to set out. Are you ready Vincent?”

He was more than ready. This war and the preparations for it had caused him nothing but grief and sorrow. He was put through so much and now he feared he lost Isie because of it. Now was the time to go out and make each one of those creatures regret they ever came to Italy in the first place. He looked up at William and gave him a look that he knew William became worried of.

“Vincent… what is wrong?”

“I’m fine William, and yes I am ready. Let’s go claim our territory back shall we?”

With that, they both left the experimental room and made their long way back upstairs to the main building. When they reached it, his ears rang because of the deathly like silence. Coming from a room full of screams to silence was just unusual and eerie. He looked upon the now changed workers, and admired how beautiful they all were. Each of them perfectly lined up in two lines going vertical. All of them had their weapons in place and were now only waiting for the command to set out. Hurriedly, William and Vincent made their way over to the weaponry that was placed neatly on a long table and gathered what they needed. Silver daggers, and pistols; silver shields and arrows; everything was silver and of course protected safely for them to touch.

As they finished, both he and William took their places at the front of the lines and began to march out of the building and into the fields. Everything around them was utterly silent and you could only hear the marching of the men and the distant screams of the fellow townsfolk. The men still continued to march on to the horizon which displayed all the beautiful colors, while still hiding the dark secret that hid beneath them. Now each step they took they prepared themselves for the war of the century, The Unforgivable War.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it.
Comments are always welcomed. :-)
Chapter 9 out soon hopefully. :-)