Status: Work got busy but I will be trying to add more chapters soon.

They Are Watching

Dear Diary #2

They followed me to school.

I didn't see them, but I could feel their eyes on me, I could feel the hair prickle up on the back of my neck. Every single time I looked behind me, I'd see a shadow dart here or there, but my friends acted completely normal.

My friends and I walked to school together quite a bit, sometimes I had to walk alone, if they got a ride to school or decided to ditch. It was nice, having them close, but it confused me that they never noticed the feeling of being watched like I noticed. Maybe it was because they were far more carefree than I was?

If only I could be more like my friends, but I can't, how could I when there were people following me. I had no idea if the people following me were bad, or if they were evil, but what kind of nice and sane person would follow a girl day and night?

When we reached the school, the feelings of being watched subsided; surely they couldn't get into the school unless they were teachers or students. What if they were teachers though? No, school was a safe place, I never saw them while I was there, not even when I sat next to a window in class. I always looked though, just to see, just to make sure.

The thought of walking home alone filled me with dread, but luckily for me, one of my friends offered me a ride. We stopped by the library on the way, she needed to check out a few books for school, so I checked out an audio book of the first Harry Potter book. I'd been meaning to reread it again, but this way, I could listen to it on my CD player while I slept. Yes, Diary, I still own a portable CD player.

Listening to the audio book helped, but I knew they were there, right outside the house.
I KNEW they were.

But I didn't look this time. I had come home and refused to look outside. I didn't want to see them again. I just wanted to ignore them for a night.

I think this concerned them, or made them mad, or something because when I woke to go to the bathroom, there was a message written in the fog on the outside of my window.

'Danger'.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the recommendation!