Status: Work in Progress

Yesterday You Threw Away Tomorrow

Too Late Too Apologize

Zacky watched as Matt reached into the fridge and pulled out a soda. It was Saturday afternoon, band practice day. And could Zacky go to band practice today? No he could not, because someone had to be moving in today. Why the hell couldn’t she had just stayed in Florida away from them? Now everything in the house was going to be about a stranger basically. The last time Zacky had seen his cousin he had been in diapers and he didn’t even remember her!

Yeah it sucked that her mom died, but from Zacky’s understanding Gracie had been looking after herself and her mother for a while. So clearly she was able to provide and take care of herself. All this was doing was inconveniencing him and his family. Maria had to skip out on a day of work. James had to skip out on a day of..whatever it was that he normally did with Matt.

Even Zina was supposed to show up later to see Gracie.

Matt was only at the house because him and Val had gotten into it earlier. Zacky didn’t exactly know what, mainly because Matt was ranting rapidly. That and Zacky felt as though it really wasn’t any of his business.

At school they seemed as though they were the perfect couple, but the rest of the band knew better. Behind closed doors the two always argued about stupid shit.

“So is this cousin of yours hot?” Matt questioned as he sat back down at the table.

Zacky’s face twisted into one of disgust. “Man, she’s my cousin. Besides even if she wasn’t, I haven’t seen her in about fifteen years.”

Matt said nothing else. For that Zacky was grateful. Just because Matt and Val were arguing didn’t mean Matt could move in on his cousin! Man, this meant Zacky had to warn Matt off.

“Look, her mom just died. Don’t try and put your bullshit problems in with hers.” Zacky growled out.

Matt’s jaw dropped, “I don’t have bullshit problems. And if I want to make a move on your mourning cousin I can if I want!”

Zacky sat there unable to fully comprehend what had just happened. He didn’t warn Matt because he was worried about his cousin. He just didn’t want to deal with all the emotional shit when shit hits the fan. Matt would hit on her, possibly get somewhere, but then ultimately break her heart because he would get back with Val.

Then Val wouldn’t want Matt over at Zacky’s because Gracie was going to live there for the next two years. Then Gracie would be hurt and wouldn’t want Matt over here because he hurt her. Just thinking about all of it was beginning to make his head hurt.

Before anything else could be said the front door opened.

“Guys! We’re home!” Zacky’s moms voice rang out.
A booming voice rang out, “Boys get in here!

Zacky sighed as he pushed himself up from the table. As he began to walk into the living room he realized Matt was right behind him. Just great. The sound of Matt’s footsteps in the hall let Zacky know his brother wasn’t far behind.

Upon entering the living room, Zacky was slightly surprised. His cousin had two different hues of blue hair that made her blue eyes pop even more. Instantly Zacky knew that Matt would be interested in her.

“Gracie, this is our oldest son Zacky, his friend Matt and our youngest son Matt.” Maria smiled warmly at everyone.

Matt nodded his head, “You can call me Shadows so there is no confusion between me and your cousin.”

“Um, okay. It’s nice to meet you and I guess see the rest of you again.” Gracie wrapped her arms around her middle.

It was clear that Gracie was uncomfortable so Zacky decided to take a step back. Matt finally walked into the living room and his jaw dropped.

“Matt, this is your cousin. Her name is Gracie. She’s going to be staying with us for a few years.”

It was kind of funny to watch as the awe instantly left Matt’s face when their mother explained who the girl was. Matt was at the point where h was just now noticing the opposite sex.

“If you don’t mind, I’d like to go take a shower and freshin up.” Gracie looked at everyone in the room.

Maria nodded her head, “Yes of course, Zacky will you please show Gracie to her room. I have to start dinner.”

Zacky nodded his head. Not that it really mattered because Maria was walking towards the kitchen before he could respond. Gracie looked at Zacky, waiting for him to lead the way. Before Zacky turned to show her down the hall he caught Matt’s smile. Fuck. She was going to fuck all of this up.

“So I know you’re to the area so if you ever want someone to escort you or if you just want someone to distract yourself with, I’m here.” Shadows smiled at Gracie.

Zacky kept the groan to himself. She really was going to ruin everything. Matt was going to end up getting in her pants. What girl who needed a distraction wouldn’t go for the singer of their band. Even before the band girls had a thing for Matt. It was one issue that Val always seemed to have.

Gracie said nothing as they continued down the hall. The look on his best friend’s face let Zacky know that Matt was attempting to think of something else to say to her. It was clear Gracie was going to remain silent. Sadly, that was only going to interest Matt even more. These next two years better go by quickly.

“Okay, here is your room. There is a bathroom inside. I’m sure you can figure out which door leads to what.” Zacky ground out, pointing to the door on his left.

Gracie reached for the door and stopped short. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me. Do your best to stay out of the way. It’s bad enough we have to pamper you because you’re sensitive right now.” Zacky accidentally let his tongue slip, but it was too late to apologize. Not that he really wanted too, he meant every word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Credit for Title: Apologize by Timbaland

Katie gave me the idea for he title so thank you!

Shout out to Hazzie and fienix66613 for your comments on my last chapter. I hope everyone enjoys the new chapter!