Status: Work in Progress

Yesterday You Threw Away Tomorrow

New Day at School

Don’t thank me. Do your best to stay out of the way. It’s bad enough we have to pamper you because you’re sensitive right now.

For the past twelve hours those words had continued to weigh heavy on Gracie’s mind. She did her best to get the words from her mind, but nothing seemed to work.

After hours of lying in bed, unable to get a wink of sleep Gracie finally decided to get up and get ready. Maybe if she showed up early she would be able to get her office shit taken care of. Without thought she grabbed the first outfit she came across before going to take a shower.

Hopefully getting up at this time she wouldn’t ruin anyone else’s morning rituals. Even more so considering two others in the house also had to get ready for school.

“Oh no, this is the time I get up and start getting ready.” The voice that had haunted Gracie spoke from the dark hall.

Gracie bit on the inside of her lip, trying to remain calm. “Okay, then I’m after you.”

“Um no, Matt is after me and he’s usually running out the door attempting to not be late.” A smirk was heard in his tone, making Gracie want to lash out.

Instead Gracie clenched her jaw before returning to her room. It would seem that she would be putting her hair up today. Not that it really mattered, she hadn’t been trying to dress to impress.
So much for getting to school early. Between Matt and Zack getting ready for school Gracie had wondered if they were even going to make it.

Since it was Gracie’s first day she had to get a ride to school with Zack. In her opinion he should never have received his driver's license. Which Gracie had instantly made a mental note to work towards her driver’s license so she wouldn’t have to ride with him again.

Gracie had also hoped that they would get her in and out of the office. Well, she had first wished that about an hour ago. Since Gracie had been sitting in the office the bell had rang for class and then again for the tardy bell.

Just great, moving all the way out here has really been great so far! My cousin hates me and my mother passing away has been inconvenient for him. Oh one of these days karma is going to kick his ass.

Gracie steamed as she sat in the office, wondering when she was going to be able to attend classes at all for the day. Or worse, if she had to be shown to class by the school counselor. Just the thought alone made Gracie want to sink further into her seat.

“Miss Garrison, I’m sorry. My conference went longer than anticipated.” A tall woman walked down the hall towards Gracie, yet she never looked up from a folder in her hands.

“Class has already started so I could either call another student to the office or show you around myself.” The woman finally looked up at Gracie as she stopped in front of her.

While the woman had been talking Gracie had decided it was time to stand up. The woman was quick to take a once over glance of Gracie.

“My name is Mrs. Coates, I am the school counselor. It’s a pleasure to have you here at our school.” She smiled brightly, slightly forced.

Gracie nodded her head, “Okay, well you already know who I am.”

“So, I’m not for calling a student from class to show you around. Therefore, I will be showing you around the school and to your first class.” Mrs. Coates tone seemed way too sweet.

“Yo, Mrs. Coates! I had a doctors appointment this morning.” A familiar male voice spoke up.

Both Mrs. Coates and Gracie turned to face the teenage male. Gracie instantly recognized him as her cousin's friend, Matt.

“Mr. Sanders, just the perfect student.” Mrs. Coates seemed to be relieved.

“Mrs. Coates I have a doctors note! I did not have time to get into anything just yet.” Matt threw his hands up in defense.

Mrs. Coates hands flew to her hips as she stared at him, having long since abandoned the file in her hands. “Well I’d hope you haven’t had time. Now we have a new student, Miss Garrison.”

Matt looked at Gracie before his face broke out into a grin. “We’ve met before.”

“Of course you two have. I forgot you associated with Mr. Baker.” Mrs. Coates let her disapproving tone seem into her words.

It would seem that Zacky and Matt had a knack for getting into trouble. Mrs. Coates made it very clear that she didn’t approve of Zack and Matt’s friendship.

“So Mr. Sanders, would you be willing to show Miss Garrison around and then escorting her to her first class?” Mrs. Coates asked, already passing Gracie’s schedule to Matt without waiting for a reply.

Matt nodded his head, “Sure thing Mrs. Coates.”

Gracie wasn’t sure how she felt about Matt showing her around the school. With him being Zacky’s friend he was more likely to be on his side. Which means he was probably going to say something about last night. Not something Gracie felt like bringing up with anyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it took me forever to update. I had a chapter typed up and right before I posted it I decided I didn't like it. So here we are posting an update a little over a month later.

I hope you all enjoy this update ^_^