Status: In Progress

Hollywood Royalty

Chapter Five

Grace groaned uncomfortably as she felt the sunlight hitting her face and a pounding sensation inside her head. For the first time since she was eighteen she had a hangover, Grace quickly remembered why she didn’t drink in public. The famous actress pulled the covers over her face as she tried to block out the sunlight. Last night’s events slowly started coming back to her as she became more aware of her surroundings. For a brief moment she even thought that she would see the familiar lavender walls of her grandparent’s cottage in Bath. That’s how much she apparently drank the previous night and part of her was even a bit sad to realize that she was actually in New York. Grace slowly recollected the night of talk and laughter she and Pedro shared. From what she could remember Grace didn’t say anything regrettable or at least to her knowledge. She may have acted a bit more bold than usual but that was about it when it came to her night with Pedro. Grace remembered getting back to the apartment well into the morning, taking off her shoes, and texting Pedro like he asked. The rest was all a blur but somehow she must have made it to bed. Grace knew that she hadn’t been completely sloshed but she was definitely more tipsy than usual.

She felt Ash shift in his sleep from the right side of the bed which was his side as it came to be. The German Shepard hadn’t wasted anytime with making himself very comfortable in Grace’s apartment after she adopted him. He had been shy during the first few hours but after she fed him and gave him a toy, Grace had officially won him over. She snuck a peek from under the covers at Ash who only blinked at her probably wondering what she was doing in bed at eleven in the morning. Grace sighed tiredly before pulling the covers off. Ash quickly hopped off of the bed more than ready to start the day after impatiently waiting hours for Grace.

“Yeah, yeah, I get it. I’m being very lazy today but if you went to a bar with Pedro Pascal, you would probably understand.” Ash only cocked his head to the side curiously and Grace rolled her eyes, getting up from the bed.

“Right, sometimes I forget that you can’t talk back to me.” She paused for a moment as she pulled off her dress that she was still wearing from last night. “Do you think it’s weird that sometimes in my head you talk back to me?” Ash gave her the same look as before and she nodded.

“You’re right… I should probably go see a doctor about that or something.” Grace joked to herself. Truthfully, she was probably only half kidding when she said that. The blonde had spent the past month talking to no one except Ash and her agent. It was a wonder how she didn’t ask Pedro if he wanted to take a walk. Grace grabbed a pair of sweatpants, shirt, and underwear as she made her way to the shower. A nice warm shower was just what she needed after the night she had. Ash loyally followed her into the bathroom, laying down on the bathmat as she proceeded to get into the shower.

After her long, hot shower Grace moved into the living room, grabbing a bottle of water from the kitchen on her way in. The young actress decidedly settled down on the couch before turning on the tv and flipping the channel to the HGTV channel. She carelessly tossed the remote to the other end of the couch before Ash curled up beside her. Grace wasn’t really watching tv to be honest, it was supposed to serve more as background noise as she turned her attention to her phone. She did the usual routine as she did every day for the past months. Checking her newsfeed to see what was going on in the world before checking her email to see if her inbox contained any new messages. There really wasn’t much going on in the world aside from politics and her inbox only contained messages that had her filming schedule for the new film. Her text messages were the same as always, littered with dozens of texts from the friends that she had continuously avoided for the past few months. Condolences over her untimely divorce seemed to be a regular occurrence but Grace couldn’t bare to respond or even read the messages. It only made her uncomfortable from the obvious amount of pity contained in those messages.

The only messages she ever responded to were those she was professionally involved with or family of course. Her little sister Bethany texted her all the time and Grace always responded as fast as she could. Her older brother Alex always called her on Sundays, telling her about work or something funny her nephew did. Grace’s father called her at random times during the week which was probably just whenever he was available. He never talked about the divorce, which was nice, and instead discussed how he was living life now that all of his kids were out of the house. She was always thankful that he never talked about Tom, it was like they had a silent understanding. Maybe that was why her grandmother Katherine was always telling Grace how alike she and her father were.

For the first two months of the separation from her husband, Grace received a few missed calls from one of her best friends. Grace had become great friends with Emma Watson since starring together in the Harry Potter franchise. Emma had taken Grace under her wing, helping her with rehearsing lines, press, and dealing with the spotlight. Emma had been friends with Grace since before Grace received all the notoriety and Grace had never really cared about any of Emma’s fame in return. She counted the famous actress as one of her closest friends but something changed following the separation from Tom and word of his affair with another one of her closest friends. Grace grew distrustful of many of her friends who she shared highly publicized friendships with. Not completely sure who and who wasn’t her real friend. So she cut off all contact with everyone from that world.

Grace didn’t need to be told that it was a very paranoid and selfish thing to do because she already knew that. Emma had been unbelievably kind to her during their time together and it was wrong to be so distrustful of her but Grace couldn’t help it. The affair had brought out all the insecurities that Grace had always tried to keep under wraps. The amount of missed calls from Emma went from several a day to one a week which was a drastic change. Sure her other friends worried about her immensely but they gave up on her quite soon, only texting her that they wished her best. Emma was the only one that hadn’t given up on her and it filled Grace up with guilt.

The young actress soon glanced past the missed calls from her best friend and moved on to see if she had any other messages or missed calls. There were some messages from Ryan as well as one of Tom’s friends but that was about it. Grace was about to lock the screen when she spotted a name that she intentionally avoided seeing for the past few months which was nearly impossible given who it was. The very same person who brought out all her insecurities and made her distrustful of the ones she used to call friends.

Taylor.

The story of Grace and Taylor was quite a funny one especially to fans and the media. The two young celebrities seemed to make the perfect friends. Alike in their demeanor and style so it was no wonder that they connected so well when they worked on ‘Valentine’s Day’ together. It was Grace’s first big budget American film that starred a ton of very famous actors and actresses. Grace might have fangirled just a little when she learned that she would be sharing a scene with the legendary Shirley MacLaine. Taylor had been the same age as Grace so they got along wonderfully during the production. Much like Emma had been a sort of mentor to her, Grace soon became the same thing to Taylor since it was the singer’s first time filming a movie.

Grace had been in her dressing room, getting ready to shoot the big scene with Shirley MacLaine when she heard a knock on her door. The actress was dressed in her outfit for the scene along with her hair and makeup done but it wasn’t as if her character’s clothing was anything exceptional like Luna Lovegood’s clothing. Grace turned her attention to the door as she glanced away from the boring, normal clothing of her character who also happened to be named Grace.

“Come in!” She called out, not wanting to bother to get out her chair and open the door herself. The door subsequently opened and Grace saw the last person she expected to see in the doorway. Taylor Swift. The American singer was very popular, even in England, so Grace was having a bit of a star struck moment in meeting her. The singer was very tall just as she had looked in all her public appearances and music videos. Her curly, blonde hair went past the mid of her back and seemed just as wild but beautiful as it had been portrayed in her iconic hair flipping performances. Her features were very sharp but somehow it made her look more like a tall fairy than anything else. Given her tall height, the young woman was also very slender in her frame. Grace was taken back by the very kind looking singer even though she knew that Taylor Swift had been casted in the film.

“You’re Grace, right?” Taylor asked even though she knew very well who the blonde sitting in the chair was. Grace nodded, a bit lost for words.

“Yes and you’re Taylor?” Taylor laughed before nodding. “Can I come in?” Grace nodded and the tall singer came into the room, closing the door behind her in the process. It was then that Grace noticed the tuber ware container in the blonde’s hands.

“I’m glad that I finally get to meet you. I can’t tell you how much of a fan I am of yours… Especially of your role as Luna although I’m sure you get that a lot.” Taylor paused in the midst of her rambling as if she forgot something. She then handed the container to Grace who hadn’t been able to get a word in but wasn’t annoyed in the least bit. “Oh, this for you by the way.”

“Thank you.” Grace said before she opened the lid curiously and peeked inside. She noticed an abundance of delicious looking cookies that were in the shape of various odd animals and frosted with a light pink frosting as well as covered in rainbow sprinkles. Grace’s mouth watered at the intoxicating smell of the sugary treats. “Is this homemade by chance?” Grace questioned curiously and Taylor smiled before nodding.

“Yes, I love baking. I actually spend a lot of free time on tour baking cookies and cakes… Things like that although I think I always make way too much to give away.” Grace’s ears perked up at that.

“I love baking too.” Taylor gave her a curious look.

“Really?” Grace smiled and nodded.

“Yes, I mostly just bake cupcakes and cake pops but it’s the easiest way to past time. These smell so good by the way.” Grace complimented. “I have to admit that I’m a pretty big fan of yours as well. I loved your last album ‘Fearless’. You don’t know how much I wanted to go to a Taylor Swift concert, my friends know a little too well. These past couple of months have been pretty busy for me so I haven’t had the chance to attend a concert yet.”

“Oh my god, I can’t believe you’re a fan of mine! I’m a huge fan of yours!” In that moment the two accomplished young women sounded like the very teenagers that they were. Despite being from two entirely different countries it was clear that they could easily relate to one and other. “Please tell me it was a Harry Potter movie you were filming. I’m excited for the one coming out this summer, I think my parents are really tired of hearing me going on about it.” Grace laughed.

“Yeah… It’s been a bit hectic with all the films coming out. We wrapped filming ‘The Half Blood Prince’ a few months ago and I’m scheduled to start filming the next one in another few months. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, but I live out of a suitcase a lot these days.” Taylor nodded, completely understanding what her fellow blonde was saying.

“No, I get it. Going on the world tour and all is very exciting but it’s also exhausting at the same time.”

“It was must be interesting though… I mean getting to travel all over the world, visiting different countries. The only new place I’ve ever traveled to was LA but aside from that I haven’t really been anywhere aside from Monaco and France.” It was then that Taylor recalled that Grace was technically a royal given that she was the late Princess Audrey’s daughter. Taylor went through a phase in middle school when she researched royal families. It was very extraordinary how a member of the Monaco royal family and granddaughter of Grace Kelly was picked randomly from a group of 15,000 people to star in a Harry Potter film. What were the chances?

Taylor was quite a big fan of Grace’s grandmother as well and who wouldn’t be? Old Hollywood actresses like Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn served as some of the singer’s favorite fashion icons. Standing up close to the British actress, Taylor could definitely say that the resemblance between Grace Kelly and Grace Gallagher was uncanny. They still did look different in their appearances but their faces were just about identical. Grace looked to be the modernized version of the late princess and actress with her hair down and straightened. Grace’s make-up was also worn with much thicker eyeliner and mascara than the Hollywood screen legend had ever been seen wearing but this was a different time than fifty years ago.

“You would think so but usually I tend to pick sleeping over going out and sightseeing.” Grace nodded, getting the point that Taylor was making. After performing a three hour concert it was probably difficult to want to go out and explore rather than getting some rest.

“That makes sense I suppose.” Grace decided to change the subject and focus the conversation on the movie they were about to start filming. “Are you excited to start filming your scenes?” Taylor shrugged as she leaned against the vanity.

“I am but at the same time I’m really nervous.” Grace raised a brow. That was a bit odd to her since the young singer performed in front of thousands of people almost every night during a tour but for some reason she was nervous about filming a scene.

“Whatever for? You sing your heart out in front of thousands of people. I can’t imagine ever acting in front of an audience that size.”

“That’s different. I’m extremely comfortable with performing in front of people because… It’s just very natural to me. This is something else entirely. I mean… I’ve only done a couple of school plays when I was little but now I’m going be in this huge movie with all these big named actors? I have this scene with Jennifer Garner for god’s sake! Jennifer Garner as in ‘13 Going on 30’ Jennifer Garner. Not to mention I have a scene with you.” That resonated with well with Grace because she could relate to Taylor on some level. It was probably the same thing she said to Emma Watson when they first started filming ‘The Order of the Phoenix’. Grace felt like she was beneath all the other actors who had been acting for years and that she was only there on pure chance. Emma graciously took her under her wing and helped her through the acting process as well as putting away any fears or doubts she may have had about herself. Grace never thought that she would be the one that someone would look up to in that way but she knew that she needed to do the same thing with Taylor that Emma did with her a few years prior. It was Grace’s turn now.

“Listen… I’ve only been acting for three years… At least professionally. Like you, I did some school plays when I was younger but that was it. I don’t think I ever really approached the audition for ‘Order of the Phoenix’ because I wanted to be an actor. I wanted to audition for the film because I wanted to be Luna Lovegood and I loved Harry Potter.” She paused, smiling as she thought about that first audition, and Taylor listened to her, hanging onto every word. “It all happened so fast and suddenly I was in this major production of this huge movie and I absolutely could not mess any of it up because I was playing a Harry Potter character that had a growing fan base. It wasn’t like I was the youngest person there either because I wasn’t but everyone else had been acting for years and then there was me who only played a couple small parts in school plays.” Taylor’s blue eyes were wide and curious as she listened to the other blonde’s recollection of first filming Harry Potter.

“What did you do?” Grace only laughed.

“I freaked out of course, panicking a lot because somehow I got this weird fear that everyone else was going to look down on me because I kind of just walked into this world without any training. Then one of my favorite actresses walked into my dressing room and asked me why I was avoiding everyone.” Taylor had a feeling that she knew who she was talking about. “And because it was Emma Watson I blurted out everything and to my surprise she was completely understanding. She offered to help me rehearse the scenes and turned out to be very supportive. She actually did this really funny thing which turned out to be extremely helpful to me.”

“What happened?” Taylor asked curiously. Grace smiled because the subject itself didn’t seem significant but it turned out to be one of the most helpful things that anyone had ever done for her.

“She told me this story she read about David Tennant who, if you didn’t know, stars in ‘Doctor Who’ and played Barty Crouch Jr. in the ‘Goblet of Fire’.” Taylor nodded once she recalled the actor’s face from the Harry Potter film. “Apparently David Tennant wanted to be an actor because he wanted to be Doctor Who. He might not be very popular in the states but he’s truly this brilliant actor who can play anything. He’s a terrific stage actor and just has this amazing, charismatic presence on screen.”

“He’s like you.” Taylor commented and Grace shrugged.

“David Tennant is a much better actor than me but he was inspired by a character just as I was. It didn’t mean he was any less passionate about acting because of what he was inspired by. I may not have been inspired by Shakespeare or Marlon Brando but if it wasn’t for me being inspired by Luna then I would’ve never had the guts to go and put myself out there.” Grace smiled warmly as she recollected the past three years she spent working on different films. “It turns out that I actually really love acting and with every audition and role, I’ve really improved.”

“Taylor, my point is that acting might not have been your first ambition but you’re still here… Still willing to put yourself out there and that counts for something. You’re obviously passionate enough about it if you’re willing to give it a go.” Grace told the singer and Taylor had to admire the actress who was the same age as her but wise beyond her years. “I’m going to help you like Emma helped me because I remember what it was like back then. If I hadn’t had someone to help me then I would’ve been extremely lost. Anything you need please ask. We can even rehearse lines together if you want.” Taylor couldn’t believe the kindness that Grace Gallagher had bestowed upon her. It wasn’t like anything she would’ve expected. She walked into the actress’s dressing room just hoping to meet Grace Gallagher and now had found a new friend.

“You would do that for me?” Grace nodded with a kind look on her face.

“Of course. I’m about to shoot my scene with Shirley MacLaine but maybe we could rehearse later on.” Taylor grinned, nodding anxiously.

“That would be a lot of help. Since the whole cast is staying at the same hotel we could just hang out in my room. Maybe even make a girl’s night out of it and order room service.” Taylor replied. Grace was happy because it looked like she had made a new friend. She was all alone out there in LA with all her friends and boyfriend living in London. LA was different territory for her and she had felt incredibly alone out there. It was a weird concept for the British actress… Her first American friend who also happened to be big name in music.

“Does 5:30 sound good?” Grace asked and the blonde singer nodded.

“Yeah, it’ll be fun.” And with that it was settled. Grace and Taylor would become the close knit pair of friends on set that struck the other actors with both amusement and annoyance as the two also became the known pranksters behind the scenes of the film. The two spent the rest of their time together talking about clothes, music, and boys… The usual stuff teenagers talked about. Taylor talked about a crush she had on her new costar Taylor Lautner and Grace gushed about her boyfriend James Phelps who she had met on the set of Harry Potter. To most of the world Taylor was Taylor Swift, the international country/pop star, and Grace was Grace Gallagher, Monaco and Hollywood royalty, but in reality they were two women who were barely adults caught up in a world of cameras and glamour. It was the start of a highly publicized friendship that attracted the attention of fans and that had subsequently started the infamous “Squad”.

For the longest time the Gallagher and Swift friendship set friendship goals all around the world. Grace would be lying if she said that she didn’t enjoy the attention their friendship brought. She liked being the inspiration for female friendships everywhere, it fed her ego enormously. The two had even done a photo shoot for Vogue together that gathered a lot of public attention. It wasn’t as if Grace was only in it for the publicity, the same went for Taylor, because they genuinely shared a connection. Their fashion style was about the same, baking was their hobby, and ‘Friends’ was their favorite tv show of all time. The two blonde bombshells were good for each other for a lot of different reasons. Taylor introduced her to a bunch of popular American television shows that Grace wasn’t familiar with like Law and Order, CSI, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Grace introduced her to Doctor Who, Colin Firth’s Pride and Prejudice, and even the series that Grace worked on which was Skins.

Taylor and Grace became role models for young girls in their polite and modest demeanors. They didn’t dress in skin tight clothing with plunging necklines like a lot of young women their age. The duo opted for vintage looking dresses with flowery patterns paired with cute pairs of flats. Their fashion icons included the likes of Audrey Hepburn, Zooey Deschanel, and even Grace Kelly. Grace and Taylor were presented as inspiring female role models who had both talent and class. They never smoked, drank, or even went clubbing as most young celebrities did. The pair was dubbed as the “Hollywood’s Good Girls” and the both of them didn’t even mind that title.

The one person who wasn’t completely sold on the Grace and Taylor friendship was Grace’s best friend Emma. While Emma liked Taylor well enough, she wasn’t a fan of the media circus that seemed to follow the American singer everywhere. The Harry Potter actress was an extremely private person that didn’t care for being a target of the media. Emma also thought that the two friends were only encouraging the media by taking all their little vacations everywhere and encouraging the media didn’t seem like a very good idea to her. What Grace and Taylor found cute and harmless, Emma saw as reckless and ridiculous. Grace would occasionally travel with Taylor during the singer’s world tour and Taylor would occasionally spend time with Grace on which ever film set she was working on. This annoyed Emma so much that the brunette once even brought up the issue to Grace.

“Do you think it’s wise…What you’re doing I mean?” Emma asked Grace one day. The two were at their favorite bookstore in central London. Emma was searching for a specific edition of a F. Scott Fitzgerald novel and Grace was doing the same for a Charlotte Bronte novel.

“What do you mean?” Emma gave her a ‘are you serious’ look as she stared back at the blonde.

“I mean this whole thing with Taylor. The whole bloody thing is always in the news, Grace, all the time. You never go a day without hearing about the both of you.” Grace furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“I thought you liked Taylor?” Emma sighed.

“I do like Taylor but I just don’t think it’s very smart of you guys to always be so public about your friendship.” Grace rolled her eyes as she returned her attention to scanning the bookshelves for the book she was looking for.

“We’re not doing anything wrong, Emma, it’s not our fault that the media is always there. We’re just going about our usual business.” Emma scoffed.

“You travel with her on tour and she goes to set with you. Grace, you have to admit that’s a little weird.” Grace shrugged.

“It’s really not that complicated, Em, I had never been to a concert of hers so I just went to a few of them whilst she was in Asia. I had never been to Asia either so it was just supposed to be a fun experience together. She also really wanted to see the Harry Potter films being made. Taylor’s almost as big of a fan as I am… Almost.” Grace explained to her friend but Emma wasn’t buying any of it. The brunette crossed her arms and gave Grace a serious look to which Grace pointedly ignored.

“You broke up with Alex because of her.” Grace sighed and turned around to face her friend.

“I did not break up with Alex because of her. He smoked a lot, of weed might I add, partied all the time with his friends, and while him constantly putting down Taylor along with her artistry all the time may have been a contributing factor-“

“You dumped him because of Taylor! Just admit it already!” Emma whispered harshly, trying to keep their voices down in case someone was listening in on the two famous actresses.

“I can’t be with someone who hates my friends, Emma!” Grace whispered just as harshly. Her cerulean blue eyes were narrowed as she stared back at Emma.

“You’re obsessed… Just admit it.” Grace shook her head in disbelief.

“Are you trying to accuse me of having lesbian feelings for her?” Emma sighed heavily.

“Of course not… I don’t mean you have a romantic or sexual obsession with her but you do have an obsession with the attention that comes with her.” Grace glared at her former costar with an accusatory look in her eyes.

“Are you calling me an attention whore?” Emma searched Grace’s eyes for some common sense or sudden realization but found nothing but annoyance and hurt.

“You said it, not me.” Grace huffed angrily as she started storming off. She couldn’t believe even said that about her. It was an incredibly low thing to say and Emma was usually above those kinds of things.

“Piss off, Watson.” The English actress had a foot out the door when she heard Emma call after her.
“It’s not healthy, Grace!” Grace ignored the sound of concern in her friend’s voice and left the bookshop without another word. She was furious that Emma would even accuse her of something like that as if she were a person to bask in the spotlight. Grace continuously told herself that Emma was wrong about her and Taylor… That Emma was just jealous that she was spending so much time with the American popstar but deep down a part of Grace knew that Emma was right.

The two didn’t speak for a couple of weeks. They were both the stubborn sort of young women who didn’t want to be the first one to cave. It wasn’t until Emma decided that she may have been a little hard on her friend so she put those differences aside and started making amends. The brunette showed up on the blonde’s doorstep at around ten in the evening with a tub of ice cream and a dvd copy of ‘Bridget Jones Diary’ in hand. They subsequently made up, deciding to never speak of the conversation in the bookstore ever again although the circumstance was on both of their minds. Emma never brought up the topic again but Grace knew that she still disproved of Taylor.

If only Grace had listened better.

Grace snapped out of her memories bringing herself back to the present and she was no longer trapped in the memory of a heated argument in a bookstore. It was probably part of the reason she couldn’t bare speaking to Emma. She didn’t want to admit that Emma, who had warned her countless times, was right and Grace had been wrong all along. Grace had already been through hell and back so seeing the ‘I told you so’ look on Emma’s face wasn’t going to make her feel any better. She missed her best friend immensely but her pride kept her from even considering texting Emma back. Grace also didn’t know who to trust anymore as terrible as that sounded. People who you thought were your friends may not have been friends at all.

Grace’s eyes glanced over the name of her ex best friend and she sighed heavily before looking through Taylor’s messages. She already knew that she was going to regret looking through all the text messages the singer had sent her over the past couple of months. There were a few missed calls but there weren’t nearly as many the ones Emma left behind for her. Her eyes brimmed with a few unshed tears for a moment as she read through the texts. Grace told herself not to be such a drama queen but she couldn’t help it because all she could think about was the person she thought was her friend.

(June 15th, 11:37 a.m.) Taylor: I know you probably saw the pictures by now but just let me explain.

(June 15th, 2:45 p.m.) Taylor: Grace, it’s not what you think.

(June 15th, 9:03 p.m.) Taylor: I’m so sorry.

(June 18th, 1: 31 p.m.) Taylor: We need to talk.

(June 19th, 10: 56 a.m.) Taylor: I’m sorry about today. It’s been hard on Tom so I imagine that it’s been hard for you too. I know you think that the Tom asked for the divorce because of me but he didn’t. If you want you can call me and scream anything you want into my ear. I get it.

(June 27th, 7:15 p.m.) Taylor: Please call me! We have to talk!

(July 1st, 11:23 a.m.) Taylor: I know I really messed things up but I would like for us talk things out.

(July 2nd, 12:07 a.m.) Taylor: You should come over to Rhode Island for the party on the fourth. Tom will be there but maybe we should all talk face to face. You’re more than welcome and all our friends miss you. Cara, Ed, and Selena said that you haven’t been responding to them either… They’re worried about you. We all are.

(July 5th, 2:30 a.m.) Taylor: You didn’t come over but I guess I understand.

(July 7th, 1:17 a.m.) Taylor: I stopped by your dad’s townhouse today. Bethany slammed the door in my face and told me to get lost.

(July 7th, 11:57 a.m.) Taylor: I heard through the grapevine that you were staying at your grandparent’s house in Bath. Went there but no one was home. Where are you, Grace? Please let me talk to you.

(July 9th, 1:12 p.m.) Taylor: Called Emma today and I’ve never heard her say that many curse words in the time that I’ve known her for. She told me you moved away and not to bother trying to find you. It also sounded like she hadn’t spoken to you in a while either. You’re really starting to scare me, Grace.

(July 12th, 12:40 a.m.) Taylor: I saw that you moved to New York. Maybe we could meet up some time to talk. I know this amazing coffee shop that you would love.

(July 17th, 12:36 p.m.) Taylor: I never meant to hurt you. These feelings for Tom… I never wanted them. Please know that. We never went behind your back or anything. It just happened one night and you guys were already separated then there was the thing with Adam. Please forgive me, Grace.

(July 21st, 3:17 a.m.) Taylor: Please say something… Anything. I don’t care if you tell me you hate me but just respond.

(July 25th, 12:58 a.m.) Taylor: I get the message, Grace. I’ll stop texting and calling you. Just please don’t shut everyone out for our sake. Take care.

By the time Grace finished reading the text messages her face was red and blotchy from all the sobbing she was doing. It actually turned out to be a worse idea then she originally thought. Her heart was utterly broken and it really wasn’t just about the affair. It was much more than that but Taylor didn’t seem to understand that. It was betrayal and that definitely wasn’t something that Grace thought she could forgive anytime soon. Fury filled her from Taylor’s messages as well because it was just so like the blonde popstar to pretend that everything was okay. It became obvious that no one ever got mad at Taylor Swift so the blonde was not used to having to deal with anger of another person.

Grace felt like punching a wall or screaming into a pillow but she didn’t. The blonde just grabbed the box of tissues from the side table next to the couch. She sniffled as she wiped the tears from her face and tried to control her anger and sadness. It wasn’t like Grace to cry like that at least not loudly, she usually just cried silently as tears quietly streamed down her face. It proved that this entire situation was just too much for her. As much as Grace wished she could’ve punched Taylor in the face, she also knew that there was no way that she was going to face the singer anytime soon. In fact, Grace didn’t want to see Taylor or Tom’s face ever again. If she did she knew she wouldn’t be able to control her feelings of betrayal.

Grace knew it was all bullshit coming from Taylor in the long run. Taylor wasn’t the least bit sorry because if she really did care about Grace the way that she said she did then Taylor would’ve never have gone after Tom. If Taylor had been a true friend she would’ve supported Grace as she went through a hard time during her life. In reality the singer did no such thing. It became obvious to Grace how little Taylor actually cared when she saw the two of them snuggled up together during Taylor’s annual fourth of July party. It was a little hard to believe that Grace and Tom had been at the very same party a year prior as newlyweds who were already falling apart. To Grace it didn’t matter if her and Tom were separated because they were still married. The separation wasn’t meant to last anyways because Grace had become confident that she and Tom would be able to fix things… That was until she saw pictures of her husband on a beach making out with her best friend only three weeks after Tom had filed for divorce.

It became obvious that Tom was finished with her seeing as how he had immediately sought after her best friend. Grace got the message. After seeing the pictures surface the news, Grace knew that she had to let Tom go so she signed the papers. It had been a quick process but Grace just wanted to be finished with everything. She didn’t ask for any money and neither did he so the process hadn’t taken long. They were divorced a couple of days after she saw the pictures surface online.
Grace tossed her phone to the side before rubbing her eyes tiredly. It probably wasn’t smart to get this upset during the midst of a hangover. It was silly of her to even continuously think about Tom and Taylor anyways. That was all in the past now and Grace had a new project to work on. Dwelling on stuff like that would only mess everything up and she really needed to focus on getting this new movie done. People were depending on her not to muck things up. If she let Tom and Taylor rule her thoughts then she was only going to screw up. They didn’t deserve her time anyways.

So without another thought given over the subject, Grace got up from her couch and headed to her bedroom. It was about time she started packing her bags for LA and she couldn’t afford to put it off any longer. Ash followed her as he always did and it gave Grace some comfort. The point of moving to New York was to forget her life back in London. It was hard to do but she needed to forgive and forget so that she could move on with her life. The forgetting part had been fairly easy so far… The forgiving part was the one that should be challenging.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter actually turned out to be way longer than I intended but I felt that everything included in this chapter was important in the long run. I also just want make it clear that I'm not Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston bashing. I'm a huge fan of Swift and have been for a very long time. I even went a concert of hers several years ago. I do kind of miss "Speak Now" Taylor Swift compared to now but I don't hate her or anything. Same goes for Tom Hiddleston but this just kind of fits into the narrative for the story so... I was also really inspired by the falling out of Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor that happened all those years ago(Rest In Peace to the both of them and Carrie Fisher too).

I saw La La Land alone on Valentine's day but it was totally worth it. Forgot how beautiful that film was.

There wasn't any Pedro in this chapter but I promise he will return in the next. On another note... Just saw him last night on Jimmy Kimmel. So funny.

Thanks to all the subscribers and please review!