‹ Prequel: Safe Zone
Status: Sequel to Safe Zone

Crash Into Me

Chapter Ten

{Matt’s Point of View}

Katy’s lips on mine felt like home. She was super tense at first and I thought about pulling away but she eventually relaxed. I stood us up trading the make out session to small pecks until we were both standing up then I pulled her head back towards mine, now only one hand in her hair and the other on her hip.

Katy’s hands were placed softly on my chest now, and maybe it was just the connection we’ve always had but my heart felt warm.

My hands ran down her back to her waist line as I pushed my hand under her elastic band, leaving it there. I pecked her twice more before moving from her mouth and then kissing down her jawline to her neck, knowing after all these years it was still her sweet spot.

Katy sighed then threw her head back, “Matt.”

The patio table was only a few feet away, so I took advantage of it being a surface as I pushed Katy back onto it. She leaned against it. My hands made their way up the oversized hoodie. We were in the moment.

Katy didn’t have a bra on which made me smile into our kiss, “Can I take this off?” I asked my lips still traveling between her lips and neck.

Katy just smiled as she pulled the purple hoodie off, but she didn’t step back towards me. I examined her naked torso admiring every new and old tattoo. Katy also had what looked like a new scar along her lower abdomen. She stepped back once again taking off her shorts and then diving into her parent’s pool.

My heart raced as I quickly copied hiding myself from her as I jumped in behind her.

I swam over to where she was leaning up against the pool wall. Once our skin touched I wrapped her legs around my waist, “Don’t worry. I’m on birth control now,” She winked. We kissed once more before I entered. Katy gasped as I pulled her body back and forth into mine.

It didn’t last long, I’m sure because of our sexual frustration with one another. Her hands ran through my wet hair as we began to hit our peaks. I was trying to stifle her moans with kisses, but a few got pass as I concentrated.

“Matt, oh. Matt,” She threw her head back and I smiled kissing her neck once more then she placed her forehead on mine. It was nice to hear my name coming from her lips…

_______________________________


Katy’s parents came home not too longer after we got out of the pool. I hid in the guest bedroom closet until Katy got Charlie from her parents and transferred her from their arms to the futon.

Now Katy laid with Charlie on the futon and I laid on a pallet on the floor. Katy laid closest to the side as I put my pillow and blanket close to the edge of the futon.

“I know that was unexpected and we’ll probably regret it in the morning-”

“Never,” I shook my head, “It was just something I think we had to get out of the way. It won’t change anything between us. We can still be awesome parents.” I lied, because I already had feelings growing. I mean I don’t think I ever really lost them.

“Good, I always want Charlie to come first in our lives together. I mean this isn’t a bad little incentive,” She winked trying not to get too serious, in true Katy fashion.

Katy’s hand draped across the edge of the bed dangling in front of me. I grabbed it and kissed each of her fingers, “Let’s just play all of this out and see where it’ll take us. Nothing in stone to scare us away. Just be open and love our daughter together.”

“Agreed,” she smiled kissing her index and middle finger and then landing it on my forehead, “Goodnight.”

__________________________


The sun was peeking through the windows from behind the curtains as I began to stir around on the floor.

“Daddy?” A small voice giggled. I smiled knowing my daughter called me daddy without her mother coaching her.

“Hey sweetness,” I sat up seeing the brunette beauty sitting on the bed by herself, “Good morning.”

“Did you sleep here all night with us?” She asked cocking her head to the side. She was sitting just how Katy sat with her feet and legs like an accordion flat on the side of her.

“Yeah, I was waiting for you to get home last night. But you came home so tired that I just decided to wait until you got up,” I lied but she had no idea.

“Well good morning you two,” Katy smiled walking into the room with a donut. She looked just as beautiful as ever. Maybe it was just the after-sex glow.

“Morning momma! You got donuts?” She grinned standing on the futon and walking over to Katy.

“I sure did, they’re downstairs on the table go ahead and we’ll meet you in a second,” Katy smiled picking up the four-year-old and setting her feet on the ground.

“Okay, momma. Hurry up,” She winked before shuffling out of the bedroom.

“Good morning, beautiful. How are you?” I stood up taking her head in my hands and kissing her lips.

“Great,” She answered pulling away with a smile, “Your phone went off all morning. I have no idea how you didn’t hear it. You might want to check it before you come down. My sister is the only one here and she sleeps until like two in the afternoon so you’re good to come down.”

“Okay, I’ll be down in a minute. Save me a donut?” I winked reaching for my phone.

“Sure thing handsome,” Katy winked back as she shut the door behind her.

Silently, I shook my head and smiled before looking down at my phone. I checked the time before checking the notifications; 9:18am.

Then came the fourteen notifications;

Val- Missed Call
Val- Missed Call
Val- Missed Call
Val- Missed Call
Val- Where are you?
Val- You still getting the boys at 10
Val- Hello
Val- Your mom said she doesn’t know where you are at
Val- Missed Call
Val- Please call me
Val- River wants to talk to you
Val- I need to know or I need a sitter
Val- This is ridiculous
Val- I’m about to head that way


Quickly, I got up and threw my hoodie back on along with my shoes. I had forgot to set an alarm. Thank God, I could just run over there really quick.

I made my way down the stairs in a hurry, “Kate. I forgot I’m getting the boys today. Let’s do lunch later and they can meet Charlie. I don’t want Val knowing I was over here, because she’ll raise all sorts of hell. I’ll call you. Bye Charlie. I love you,” I was out of breath from running down the stairs. I kissed Charlie’s forehead and then gave Katy a kiss on the cheek while grabbing a donut. I had to make it back to my mom’s before she saw me walking from Katy’s parent’s…