‹ Prequel: Safe Zone
Status: Sequel to Safe Zone

Crash Into Me

Chapter Eleven

{Val’s Point of View}

Nervous wreck was an understatement. My stomach was constantly in knots, especially now. I had called everyone who I thought Matt could be with. It baffled me that he left his truck at his mom’s. It made me wonder if he had gone home with a girl.

“Load up boys,” I yelled from the back door as I grabbed my purse and keys, “We’re going to head over to Maw-maw’s. Hurry, so I’m not late for my meeting.” I shut the door behind me, making sure all the lights were out. Beeps came from my Range Rover as it started on it’s own.

As I made my way to the driver side door, I noticed a picture that Matt kept on his sun visor of Him and I. It was torn into two. My eyes felt like fire as they produced tears for the umpteenth time this weekend.

Quickly, I dried them up as River and Cash came out the door. They knew that Matt hadn’t been home for the last two days. River had asked a couple questions that made me think he knew something was up. Cash just figured he was working. If only that was all…

___________________________________________________


The light turned red as I reached The Sander’s small subdivision. My blinker clicked to turn right as I looked both ways before doing so. The first couple houses passed then I noticed Matt.

Normally, I would chalk it up to him just exercising, but he wasn’t just walking from anywhere. He had just come from the Reed’s residence.

Matt looked the opposite way then our way as he stepped from the lawn to the curb. He shook his head and began to walk to his parents.

Maybe I shouldn’t have pulled into the Reed’s driveway, but I wasn’t thinking too clearly.

“Mom who lives here?” River asked.

“We’re about to see,” I mumbled as I swung my door open. Matt didn’t notice yet, what I was doing. Once I made my way out of my car I walked to the front door and profusely banged on the metal door.

“Val!” Matt yelled then I heard him running from the concrete to the grass of their lawn just as the door opened to reveal my worst enemy, Katy.

“No way,” I laughed in shock, “You stupid b-”

Matt’s arms reached around my waist securing both of my arms as I went to grab Katy’s hair, “What are you thinking?” He shouted as he pulled me farther away from Katy, “Get inside Kate.”

“Why are you protecting her you piece of garbage?!” My cheeks and ears began to burn from my anger. Involuntarily, my fist clenched.

“Shut up, Val. You need to cool down,” Matt rolled his eyes.

“Don’t tell me what to do. You’re a sorry excuse for a man,” I scoffed placing my hands on my hips trying to catch my breath from trying to get out of Matt’s grip.

“You’re crazy,” He shook his head, “You act like you’re the victim.”

Every fiber of my being screamed. Maybe it was because I didn’t want to hear about my wrong doing. My fist met Matt’s jaw with every ounce of power I could manage in my petite hand.

“Val, what the hell?” Matt held his jaw, “You are crazy!”

When he called me crazy, it ignited a fire in me. I couldn’t stand it, so I punched him again. Then I went out of control and just started swinging. There were no words coming from my mouth. Tears filled my eyes as I grunted and continued to unload on him all my emotions.

“Mom!” River screamed from beside us but I didn’t care at the time, “Mom! Stop!” He was crying. I wasn’t thinking thoroughly, though.

“River. Get in the car,” Matt commanded as he tried to restrain me, “Katy. Call the cops.”

I turned around to see the brunette standing by the front door, looking down at her phone. My vision blurred with tears as I ran towards her. It was a failed attempt as Matt grabbed me once again.

“Did you sleep with her last night?” I screamed, it was my only volume right now.

“None of your business,” He sighed, dodging my hand as I tried to slap him across his cheek.

“You did! You’re such a whore,” I cried, “I hope she was good. I hope all this was worth it.”

“It was great, actually. She screamed my name and not her gay best friend’s,” Matt stated lowly.

My arms stopped as thoughts began to run through my head. I didn’t even know how to take Matt owning up to sleeping with Katy, but I knew I needed to hurt him as bad as it hurt me. Shaking my head, I began to confess, “Let’s get on a level playing ground. I have been sleeping with Jeff. For the like last six years. How old is Cash again?” I smirked with power but it was interrupted by Matt’s hand around my throat, loosely, like a threat.

“Matt!” Katy screamed running over to us. She got in between us, her hands on my husband’s chest, “Stop.”

Matt looked down into her eyes, with tears in his. She gently pushed him back away from where I was pushed up against my car. Katy got him away from me, then grabbed his cheeks I assume to make him pay attention to her words. Of course, he watched every word she said. It was like she was his kryptonite. Oh, how I wish I knew what she was saying. My anger once again grew as Matt bent down and hugged Katy, resting his face in the nook of her neck.

I went into blind rage as her arms went around his neck, “Hell no.”

Once I got to Katy I pulled her hair, then held onto it as I punched her face once before getting tackled. I knew it had to be Matt so I began to swing, but when I felt the metal cuffs around my wrist, I came back from the crazy side of my brain…
♠ ♠ ♠
That was one of the hardest chapters to write.

Just to clarify, I don't think Val would cheat in real life nor do I think Cash is anyone else's kid.
Also I don't think Matt would ever touch a woman, regardless of the situation.

But then again I don't know them personally.

Pretty much, what I'm getting at is.
Obviously, this is all my imagination.