‹ Prequel: Safe Zone
Status: Sequel to Safe Zone

Crash Into Me

Chapter Six

{Matt’s Point of View}

The sweetest sound ran throughout ear canal and into my dreams. It was like I could hear Katy perfectly but I couldn’t see her. I wanted to hear her heavenly voice forever and see her face every time I opened my eyes. But I knew that I needed to wake up back into my reality.

Katy’s voice never stopped, though. Her whispers didn’t cease, they only grew louder. Then my new reality hit me.

“Katy?” I asked, now opening my eyes to the living room of my teenage years. Katy sat on her knees in front of me bent over towards me with a hand on my shoulders.

“You sleep like a ton of bricks. I was trying not to wake the kids,” She chuckled softly as she stood up.

“Sorry,” I laughed rolling onto my back then rolling back onto my side to ease my arm out from underneath Charlie. But it backfired as she rolled towards my chest and snuggled in. I absolutely love my sons, but something about that father-daughter unsaid connection gets you right in the heart, “What time is it?” I whispered wanting to bask in this moment forever.

“It’s 10:20 at night,” Katy answered as she locked her phone and sat it back on the end table.

Quietly I groaned and made my arm out from under Charlie. Before I stood up, I kissed her forehead and watched as she smiled in her sleep.

“You’re lucky I’m sharing that precious jewel with you,” Katy joked while placing her hand on her hip showing me exactly where Charlie learned it from.

“Well you know you didn’t make that girl by yourself, right?” I joked right back as I grab my jacket from the love seat.

“Gross, don’t remind me. Worst night of my life,” She blushed then started fidgeting with a decorative piece on the entry table.

“So gross that you kept coming back,” I winked reaching for my keys. I would be lying if I said I was trying to hurry and leave.

“Oh, Matthew.”

“That’s what you were saying then too,” I chuckled as Katy hit me across the chest with the back of her hand, “I’m just messing. For real though, thank you for allowing me to come hang out with you guys tonight. Hopefully, we’ll see each other more.”

“I’m glad you came. Better hurry and get home before you get in trouble,” Katy folded her arms.

“No kidding. I’ll get fifty questions asking me where I’ve been. Here,” I laughed then reached in my back pocket and pulled out my wallet. There was no amount of money that could make up for all the time I’ve missed or hard times I’ve caused but I figured this would make her know that I’m for real.

“What are you doing?” Katy asked with a very upset look as I pulled out two one hundred dollar bills and held them out in her direction, “Put that up. I didn’t want you over here for your money. I’m very successful in my career and I can take care of my own. I just want you here for Charlie. And Charlie only. We’re only staying for two weeks’ tops, or until my Pop gets better. Just be here for her. Don’t let her down again. And don’t ever offer me money again.” Katy was pissed to say the least. She opened the front door and looked past me as I walked out the front door. I’m sure if there weren’t three children passed out on the floor, she would’ve slammed the door in true Katy fashion.

______________________________________


It all felt like a dream as I woke up in my bed at my own house. Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked to my right to see if I was by myself or if I had company. But I was alone. I looked past where Val should be at the digital clock; 11:08am.

Groaning, I stretched my arms and legs out then through the comforter off my body. My feet hit the carpet and then I auto-piloted to the bathroom.

I wanted to have a family Saturday, but I kept thinking about how I left things with Katy last night. And was she really going to leave for Florida after she brought Charlie into my life. That was unfair.

“Matt?” Val came in the bathroom as I started the water for the shower, “Finally wake up Princess?” She lightly chuckled.

“Yeah,” I mumbled letting my boxer’s drop to the floor.

“Well I’m going to get some work done, while you take a shower. Thinking about calling everyone over for a little family pool party. What you think?” Val turned around like she had never seen me naked. It was embarrassing that my wife acted like I was disgusting looking or something.

“You can always join me and we can talk about it,” I tried to sound inviting, mainly to get my sexual frustration out.

“No thanks. I’ll send out a text. Thinking like in two hours,” She stayed with her back towards me then walked out after making the executive order of our day.

____________________________


“River, dude, I’m not going to tell you again. If you don’t stop hogging the slide, I’m going to ground you for the rest of the week. Understood?” I was a little buzzed, and Cash constantly yelling at the bottom of the slide for me to tell River to move was getting old.

Val was inside with all the wives and I could see through the window that she was talking about something dramatic because she had their attention.

“What do you think they’re talking about in there?” I motioned as Zack and Brian talked about some new guitar accessory. While Johnny played on his phone. Brooks sat passed out with his mouth wide open.

“There’s no telling. Women,” Zack scoffed before taking another sip of his mixed drink.

“I’m about to call it a night,” Brian stood up.

“Same,” Johnny chimed in.

“Boys get out. We’re going in,” I shouted before hearing moans and groans of how uncool I was.

We all walked into the house making the women grow quiet, which mean it was about one of us and since it was my wife talking it was more than likely about me.

Brian grabbed Nico from Michelle and she bent down and picked up their car seat carrying their newest addition.

Zack followed behind Meaghan with Tennessee behind him leaving a trail of wet foot marks on the tile.

Eventually everyone was out and it was just Val, the boys and I. River finished drying off and went to his room. Cash ran to the bathroom to take a shower before River could beat him to it. Which left just Val and I, “Hey girl. You’re looking good tonight.” I tried my best fake accent but I was a little more buzzed than I thought.

Val laughed which gave the clearance to continue to try and be funny, “You’re crazy.”

“Crazy for you,” I whispered in her ear, “Wanna meet me in our room? Maybe give what’s overdue?”

Val bit her lip and nodded, “I think I can do that.”

I was surprised. She must’ve been buzzed too, “Alright!”

No more words are said as we travel up the stairs and lock our door. We both strip from our bathing suits then crash on the bed. I’m exploring her body like I’ve never seen it. There’s sighs and moans of relief. As I get myself ready, she begs and I give her exactly what she wants. We’re thrusting together and lusting for one another’s touch. She squeezes my forearms as she’s about to peak and I’m almost right there with her, but she beats me, “OH! Jeff!” I stopped mid thrust and immediately pull out and stand up on the side of the bed. My buzz now gone along with my hard friend. Val sat up her eyes wide as she began to pull the sheets around her body…

“What did you just say?”