Status: Weekly updates...

Blank Love

Prologue

“Decades ago the Ceasefire Treaty was signed by our ancestors for the sake of peace. This land was given to us; so that we could freely walk without fear of being preyed on by those predators we call vampires. We were doomed to a life of servitude, but our ancestors put their feet down as they roared ‘Enough!’”

President Abraham Van Helsing III shouted into the microphone, from the Red Zone podium.

“Today, even with the Ceasefire Treaty, our lives are in danger. We are petrified to even walk on our own streets because we are being hunted down like sheep. We are being poached like animals, and the Vampire King has not batted an eyelid at our suffering –even after I requested on numerous occasions that he take action.”

He clenched his hands into fists, his expression dangerous.

"He has done nothing to control his own. He has failed to meet his end of the treaty and we will not take it sitting down. We will no longer be at the mercy of these savage beasts. We will not spend the rest of our lives as livestock for these vampires. No! We refuse to die like flies and live in absolute terror."

He spat the words as if they were venom, the scorching sun only adding heat to his rage.

"Our ancestors thought that by signing the Treaty we would finally become equals, but that was a colossal misconception on their part. We are not capable of reining in the savages or imposing our rational ideals on them. Words cannot reach them, so we are now forced to resort to more draconian methods, but that is not my wish."

He glared into the camera as he continued to speak.

"Vampire King Vladislav Dracule, I know you are watching. This is my final warning, domesticate your species or I will make it so that they never drink human blood again. I swear it on my very life."

The humans roared. His words had struck down on them like an iron clad. They felt his passion, they felt his anger, and they felt his pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written in ages so I'm a little self-conscious :/ Please let me know if the story is worth continuing. Constructive criticism is always welcome :) Thank you so much, in advance x

(Songspiration:Two steps from hell - Strength of a thousand men)