Status: Weekly updates...

Blank Love

Chapter 1

He winced. The physical pain alone was excruciating, but it was nothing compared to his mental turmoil. Never in a million years had he thought that his own brother would send the Regal Black Ops to retain him. He coughed and stared at his bloodied hand. He was not regenerating. Just what kind of weapons had the organization got their hands on?

Staggering, he continued to delve deeper into the forest as he panted heavily. His vision began to blur, his mind distorted. When he thought he was in a place where no human would dare reach, he decided to rest his back against a tree trunk.

“A vampire bleeding to death;” He scoffed, “What a pathetic way to go.”

He closed his eyes as he tried to steady his breathing. No matter the reason, coming to the Red Zone had been reckless. It was against the law and it was punishable by death. If any human found him here, he was not going to be pardoned –even if he was a viscount.

Every vampire had watched the President’s speech and they knew better than to call a human’s bluff. It was common knowledge that hell hath no fury than a human scorned, and scorn was exactly what the vampires had done to the humans for a while.

In any case, as long as he didn’t encounter any humans, he was safe. He was just worried about whether or not his wounds were going to even heal.

As he was about to take a quick nap, he heard the sound of leaves rustling in the distance. Someone was coming his way. He tried to stand. His body would not move. The footsteps were muffled. He wondered if it was because of his wounds, or rather something small was coming his way. He groaned in pain. Was this really how it was all going to end for him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy :)

(Songspiration: Mystic Messenger - Life with masks)