Status: Weekly updates...

Blank Love

Chapter 6

He never returned. He still came to the forest, but never deep enough to meet Mika. Naturally, Mika had watched him from afar. He wondered the boy had not told anyone about him, especially after most recent events. Maybe the boy never had intentions of telling anyone of his existence, or he had told someone but it had been chalked up to childish delusions.

Today had been different, however. The boy had company –an older human boy who had long black hair and olive eyes. Mika sensed no hostility from him, it was quite the opposite.

He was holding the little boy’s hand as they walked into the forest, “I’m sorry you had to find out through Mrs. Fitzpatrick. I was going to tell you.”

“But Raven-”

“I won’t be able to protect you from the bullies anymore,” Raven said, kneeling at his level, “I can’t tell you any more of my terrible made-up bedtime stories. I can’t sneak you into the forest anymore, either.”

Mika’s felt a throb. He couldn’t come to the forest anymore? He had always known that this day was going to come, though he had expected to be the one to leave the boy and not the other way round.

No. That was not the problem, though. Though he had known this would happen, deep down in his heart of hearts, he had hoped that the day would never come.

He pushed the thought to the back of his mind. It was absurd, laughable even. Mika had had one intention and that was to savor the taste of his blood and lay the little boy’s delicate body to waste. He had harbored no special feelings for him.

“I don’t want you to leave,” The boy frowned, “Don’t leave me! I will be sad and unhappy if you are not there.”

Mika moved a little closer to them. He felt pathetic. He had never imagined the day would come when he would stoop so low as to eavesdrop on two human boys having a conversation.

“I have to,” Raven sighed, “The government asked for me to work for them when I can’t read or write. Orphans like us don’t get opportunities like these. With this, I can even have a family of my own-”

Raven paused when he saw the boy’s reaction at the word family, “You will always be my first family and the orphanage will always be my home. It is a place I can always return to.”

“You will return to me?” The boy said, staring at the ground. Raven nodded before adding an ‘of course’. The boy smiled a little, looking a little relieved.

“Oh, my phone,” Raven said as he reached into his pocket and answered a call, “I need to go grab something at the orphanage. Do not move from here okay.”

Obediently, the little boy nodded and watched as Raven ran off. Mika watched as him looking around. He sat for a bit and then he began to draw on the ground with a stick. It was the first human game the boy had introduced him to.

Mika walked out from the shadows. It was absurd –that much was certain. He still yearned for his blood, but his desire to spend time with him suppressed his longing. Honestly, he felt that killing him would be a waste.

He opened his lips to speak, but the words could not come out. This went against his very nature and if he was to say what he wanted to say, he knew there was no going back.

Like a coward, he turned away. That was a line he did not intend to cross.

“Mr. Vampire,” The little boy’s soft voice called from behind.

“Your name…” He asked feebly with his back to the kid. He wondered what kind of face the boy was making, “What is it?”

He made brief eye contact with the boy and saw the warm unadulterated smile that had drawn him to the boy when they first met, “Sativah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been working on another project which I will be putting up soon :P So I won't be able to post as frequently as I had intended. The story is nearly done anyway. I hate stories that drag on aha.

(Songspiration: Skylar Grey - I Know You)