An Arranged marriage to a Vampire Prince?WTF!

Chapter one: The News

Marissa sighed. I wish mom would hurry up! Marissa was sitting in an overstuffed leather couch in her living room. Marissa's mom said that she had something important to tell her. 'I wonder what it could be, did I do anything?'
"Honey, are you ready?" Marissa looked up from her hands to look at her mother. Marissa's mom was a tall, slender woman. SHe has even features on her face.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Is it alright if we sit out here? I'm kind of comfy." He mother sighed,
"Fine." Her mother sat down across from Marissa.
"Marissa, I'm sorry but, you-you have an arranged marriage." Marissa looked shocked for a moment and then let her face relax. She smiled to herself.
"Ha-ha, mom how funny. Now tell me what you were going to tell me. You said it's important." Her mother started crying. Marissa immediatly took her wide grin off of her face.
"Mom, you were serious...huh?" Marissa waited for her mother to finish blowing her nose.
"Yes, honey. They want you there tomorrow. They said that from now on you don't need to go to school. You'll be tutored there." Marissa sank in her seat.
"Mom...Why?" Marissa's mother hid her face in a tissue.
"Your father..*sniff*...thought it would be..*sniff* good for you *sniff*..because we're poor you know *sniff* that. I'm *sniff* sorry." Marissa sat up straight.
"Okay. Just as long as I can take Butch with me." Butch looked at her with those humongous brown eyes of his.
"Right, boy?" *RUFF!*
"They said you can bring an animal so, yes." Marissa stood.
"I'll go start packing, mom."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know it's a short chapter. I promise to make the next chapter better ^.~