Shy

afar

Jimin was one of those guys who you couldn’t stay away from, his smile was probably simultaneously the cutest and sexiest thing you’d ever seen in your life. It came to your attention that he only hung around a certain few people, everyone knew who they were and if they didn’t they found out very quickly not to mess with them. When you first moved into the city you were taken aback by his looks, casting shy glances in his direction - and when he noticed the first time you turned about five different shades of red. There was no amount of acting casual that could save you from his gaze now, and from there on out - he always knew when your eyes were on him. When you looked, chances are he was already looking; yourself control had taken a leap. You stopped looking at him, and kept your eyes down when you knew he was in the room.

“He is looking at you again, [y/n],” your friend spoke to you in a teasing tone making you want to melt into the ground beneath your feet, why was he looking at you? You’d avoided his stared for almost two weeks now.

Shaking your head you sighed, “he is probably looking behind me,” you mumbled softly in denial then used every bit of will power you had not to look up to see if she was right.

A snort escaped her lips as she looked at you with a raised brow, “you’re standing against the lockers, I’m one hundred percent positive he is staring at you - and he has that stupid smile on his face; the cute one… not the dangerous one,” she noted giving you a detailed description making you whine then against your better judgement - you looked up. Sure enough, he was looking at you and his smile only grew when he noticed you looking back. His hair fell into his eyes as he looked down shyly that was so unlike him, you looked away quickly then straightened your self up.

“I have to get to class,” you said flustered then made your way down the hall to your class, and you heard it; his laugh. Oh god, what had you gotten yourself into. You’d had to walk past him to get to your class, and seeing the pure smile that curved his face when he laughed weakened you considerably. Walking into your English class you sat in your usual spot then groaned laying your head on your desk before begrudgingly pulling out your journal and text book. The rest of the day flew by pretty quickly, despite not wanting to run into him you knew you’d see him at least one more time before you went home; his locker was only three away from yours - often times he’d just be standing there; waiting for his friends but when you got there today, he wasn’t there.

Attempting to hide your disappointment you put your books into your locker and only took what you needed for homework before shutting and locking it. You turned around only to run right into him - how long had he been there? You didn’t know but he grabbed your arms to steady you and smiled; your heart was racing, he could definitely hear it. “Are you okay?” he asked with a small laugh ,”ah, this isn’t how I’d planned for this to go…I was wondering if anyone had asked you to prom yet?”

“Ah, no” you stammered out softly unsure of what was happening right now, you blinked in confusion as you look at him. “I didn’t anticipate on going, actually but if someone asked me I would,”

He seemed to smile wider at your words then nodded as he pulled a box out of his backpack - it was kind of smashed but the thought was there, the corsage was beautiful. Red, and white with small daisies decorating it. “Will you go to prom with me?” he asked, his voice was meek and shy - all of a sudden you realized he wasn’t what everyone had made him out to be. The Park Jimin who everyone seemed scared of was really just as shy as you were.

Fumbling over your words you laughed a little,”Sure.. I ‘d love to,” you spoke with a smile as you looked at him, this had to be some kind of coma dream. He must have looked at you and you fell over, knocked yourself out - you’re in a coma. Though when he had this excited look on his face; you couldn’t help but feel like maybe it wasn’t a dream; maybe for once you had gotten lucky.