Status: Completed

Teach Me How to Love

Mistreated, Misplaced, Misunerstood

Yelena whimpered as he pulled out and fell onto the pillow beside her, breathing heavily. Sex had become a non-rewarding chore with him. After the deed was done, he never asked her how she felt or held her. Not that she expected him to, considering their relationship, but a tiny part of her hoped he would show some type of affection. They had never even been on a date or out in public altogether. At work, he pretty much ignored her, not even glancing in her direction when she saw him. Their relationship was purely physical. Pulling the sheets around her naked body, she watched as he pulled off the condom, tying a knot in it. He stepped into his boxer and made his way to the bathroom

"You can let yourself out." he called over his shoulder before the door slammed behind him

Yelena sighed as she slid out of bed. Shame washed over her. She knew the relationship she had with him was wrong, but she cared for him in a way that was hard to put into words and didn't want to see him with anyone else. He could have anyone he wanted. Women practically threw themselves at him every day but he had chosen her and she should be grateful of his attention. Why he had chosen her, she was not sure. She wasn't anything special. She wasn't insanely beautiful, but she wasn't exactly plain. As much as she told herself this, it never stopped her from feeling slightly used and cheap when he was done with her. No wonder he didn't want to be seen outside of work with her. Wiping a lone tear, she got dressed and left without a word. Stabbing at the elevator button, she yawned. It was barely six a.m. and she was exhausted and longed for her bed. After what seemed like an eternity, the elevator doors slid open. It wasn't empty. Standing there in workout gear and texting away on his IPhone was WWE Champion, the one and only, CM Punk.

"Hey Yelena." he said cheerfully "What are you doing up so early?" the Chicago native asked as she stepped into the elevator. He just so happened to be one of the few people she was on first name bases with. She had shadowed him for three days and took pictures of him for "The Road To WrestleMania Diaries" while they were in Miami last month and ever since, he went out of his way to chat with her or ask her how she was whenever he ran into her, even going as far as stopping by her work station to check out her pictures for the night sometimes. He was extremely down to earth and hilariously funny, not to mention charming. His lack of a filter was one of the things she liked about him and being easy on the eyes didn't hurt either.

"I... I couldn't sleep. I just went out for a walk." She pushed the button for her floor "What about you?" she asked, changing the subject "What are you doing up this early?"

"You know me, I'm the walking dead. I just went out for a run."

"Oh." she said. She knew that he suffered from really bad insomnia and didn't sleep very well. He really was a walking zombie. Poor thing.

There was an awkward silence and from the corner of her eye, she could see him staring her. She self-consciously wrapped her arms across her chest. Cold fingers brushed against her neck and she winced slightly

"Sorry" Phil apologized, gently sweeping her hair back "That's some bruise you've got there."

Yelena immediately felt a blush creep over her face and cursed herself. She had completely forgotten about the evidence he had left on her "Its nothing." she said, a little too quickly "I'm fine"

The doors opened on her floor and she was grateful to escape his gaze. "Try to get some sleep, Champ." she said with a soft smile.

"You too. See you around." he said with a wave as the doors closed.