New Beginnings

Chapter Seven

"Kailani do you know where Frank is?" Mikey yelled as he swung open the curtains to her bunk. The loud noise startled the two, as they stared back at Mikey confused.

"GEE I FOUND HIM!" He said walking away with a grin. The pair looked at each other and Kailani groaned pulling the sheets over her face to hide her blushed face.

"Well, well, well. We leave you guys alone for one night" Gerard joked.

"Shut up Gerard" They both said in unison. Frank smiled at this and pulled down the sheet just enough to kiss her forehead.

"Well get up, we have soundcheck in a couple of hours." The singer said, closing the curtain and heading back to the front of the bus where it was becoming plainly obvious Frank and Kailani were the last ones in bed.

Kailani slowly pulled the covers down and peered over at Frank. "That was awkward".

"They'll be okay"

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked. Frank was just staring at her smiling.

"You're cute, you're as red as a lobster"

"Says the one with the dimples."

"I like you, Kai."

"I like you, Frank."

"Good. Then I can do this." He replied, leaning in and kissing her on the lips. It was a simple kiss, but sweet. He wanted to feel her reaction. He was just about to pull away when she kissed back. She sucked on his bottom lip gently, and he smiled into the kiss as he deepened it. He asked for entrance and she obliged. Parting her lips just slightly. His tongue followed suit.

"What are we doing?" Kailani asked as they broke apart for air.

"Whatever you want."

"I can't lose my job."

"Why would you?" Frank sat up confused.

"What if this goes left? You start liking someone else? Tour is over, and I get hired for another artist?"

"Kai, I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't want this"

"I want this to Frank, but I'm worried."

"You need to trust me." He studied her face and could read the concern all over it. "You may not believe me, but I care about you. The first night we talked, I knew it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you know it too."

She sighed, "I do know it. I feel the same way."

"Then let's do this."

"Is this your way of making things official, Frank?"

"Kai, be my girlfriend."

"Fine." She said, kissing him one more time than hopping out of the bunk and heading to the bathroom. Frank heard the shower turn on and smiled. She was all his. He half debated to join her but decided not to push it and walked up to join the rest of the band. He was quickly met with suspicious looks.

"I knew it." Gerard spoke first. Frank just picked up the thing nearest to him, a bag of chips, and threw it at him. But the smile never left his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe I'm updating this story again!! Please comment on your thoughts!