Status: New story

Be My Angel

There's a four letter word to describe what I feel about you baby.

Do you...Jonathan Bryan Toews...take Angelique Katherine Kane....to be your lawfully wedded wife. In sickness and in health until death do you part?

'I do'

and do you...Angelique Katherine Kane...take Jonathan Bryan Toews... to be your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health until death do you part?

Angelique?
Angelique, what is your answer?


I snapped out of the dream I was having and looked around me only to see everybody staring at me. I looked at Jonathan who had his eyebrows raised and farther my brother stood with a small smirk on his face.

I saw my best friend behind me telling me with those brown eyes of hers to answer the priest.

But, what was the question?

"I'm sorry. What was the question?"

Chuckles broke out in the church. I wasn't kidding people? There's absolutely nothing to laugh about!

You know what... let me tell you about my relationship with the man in front of me.

***

"Angie! Are you ready?"

I rolled my eyes at Patrick's whining, and grabbed my boots. "Yeah. Calm your tits!"

I heard chuckling and saw Jonathan sitting on the coffee table with Patrick drinking water in the kitchen.

"Hey Jon.." I said trying to be polite. I wasn't overly crazy about this guy but my mother did teach me to be nice to others.

Something that clearly passed by Patrick.

"Hey. How are you Angelique?"

"I'm fine. How are you?" I mentally cringed at our extremely lame conversation.

"Good. Thanks. Hope you don't mind me tagging along to dinner."

"No, it's fine. I didn't want to be third wheel to the girl Patrick will hook up tonight with."

"I can hear you, you know!" Patrick yelled. "We have to go so come on."

***
It's been two weeks since a rather 'successful' date between me and Jon, and although I don't like admitting it things between the two of us have changed for the better.

Tonight, we're going out on yet another date. He came over last night with a single lily and asked me to go with him to dinner.

I finished getting ready and was just spraying on some perfume when Patrick yelled for me.

I hurried downstairs and saw Jon standing with a bouquet of flowers in his hands and a shy smile on his face.

"You look...wow..you look beautiful." He stammered.

"Thank you. You don't look too shabby yourself mr Toews."

"Trust me..." he grinned as I kissed his cheek for the flowers, "I look like a car guard compared to you."

I smiled. "Thank you for the flowers. It's beautiful. Let me just put it in water."I smiled.

I got out a vase and grinned when I heard my brother warning Jon to take care of me.

I quickly put the flowers into the water-filled vase and then smiled at Jonathan who still looked awestruck.

"No love without the glove!" I heard my brother scream. I threw the door closed in his face but could still hear his barking laughter.

"Sorry about him."

"Used to it." Jon grinned kissing my cheek.

The date was a huge success. It started with us having dinner at my favorite diner [I guess Patrick or Jenna had to give Jon a hint], then we took a stroll on the beach and after that, we went to the best coffee house there was in Chicago, drank some cocoa and shared a chocolate cake.

When Jon dropped me off at my house, he settled for a peck on the cheek but I had other ideas and kissed him.

When we pulled away, he had on this dorky smile with his cheeks tinted red from not only the cold but from blushing.

He looked so damn cute.

"I had a really good time tonight Jonny."

"Me too. Thank you for agreeing to come with me."

***

After that, we had about six more dates before he asked me to be his girlfriend.

Patrick asked me to go to the beach with him one evening and since it wasn't too cold I agreed. So with jeans and a Kane jersey (that Patrick insisted I have) I went with my brother on a nice walk thinking he'd tell me about the girl he's been seeing.

Instead I came face to face with flowers that lied on the sand in the form of a heart and a smiling Jon in the middle.

"Wha.."

I looked to my right to see Patrick leaving and then turned back to Jonathan.

He stepped out of his little creation and walked over to me.

"Come join me beautiful."

We talked and ate for hours before Jonathan cupped my cheek, pressed his lips to mine in a soft kiss and then telling me how much he likes me, enjoys my company.

I can still hear his beautiful words.

Be my girlfriend...

Of course I agreed tackling him into the flowers and sand and kissing him.

"Thank you." he whispered. I haven't smiled so big in forever.

***

Of course couples fight.
We're no exception.

Five months into our relationship, we had the biggest fight of our entire relationship.

Jonathan got injured in a game, and when I went down to the doctor with him, he screamed at me for being clingy and too 'back the fuck off, I need some fucking space.'

After a hefty screaming session I got up and stormed out after promising him he won't see me anymore.

***

Of course we couldn't stay mad at each other, and Jonathan came crawling back a week later.

I didn't forgive him at first but after much begging from his side and Patrick telling me how heartbroken and sorry Jonathan was, I forgave him.

But not before my house got littered with bouquets of flowers and chocolates which Patrick ate.

***

Two years after that Jonathan proposed.

I said yes immediately.

But now, back in this church, I have doubts.

***
"I'm sorry. What was the question?"

After the laughter died, the priest gave me a smile.

"Will you marry this man Angelique?"

I sighed and stared at Jonathan's face.

"Yeah... why not."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Please comment and tell me what you think...