‹ Prequel: Dark on Me
Status: Slowly but Surely

Psychosis

*** She Wrote

I managed to get on my mothers good side again when I made her breakfast. She was actually pleasantly surprised to see me sitting a plate of eggs, bacon, sausage, and buttered toast on the kitchen counter. I was already dressed and ready for school before school started, which wasn't for another hour. I don't know why she was freaking out about me being late, I was only late getting up. But anyway, I made her happy with a lovely breakfast. Food always seemed to make women happy. Hopefully she would be happy enough not to tell dad about our little situation earlier.

"Is this your way of apologizing?" She asked as she sat down, picking up the fork that was provided. A stand of red hair fell in her face but she brushed it away casually. I chewed on my lip a bit and twirled my long strands of hair between my fingers. She saw right through me of course but at least I was trying. Dad would always just let her tire herself out and she hated it.

"Yes...I am sorry for this morning..am I forgiven?" I asked her and she shrugged as she took a bite of her eggs, seeming happy with the taste, before reaching for the salt.

"I don't know yet, Alexander. Why is it this always happens?" She asks me and I shrugged, looking down at my worn out converse. Did I forget to mention that this happens a lot? I'd be so shook from my dreams that the outside world seems to disappear. My therapist thinks I'd rather live in my dreams rather than the real world. Then again who doesn't want to live in their dreams? I just so happen to do it more often.

"I really don't know mom but I am trying! It's just sometimes...I can't control myself. Mrs. White could perhaps help me" Angela White was my therapist. She was a very lovely lady in her late forties. She was married and had two children but they were both adults and had their own lives to live. She was always saddened when she couldn't get to see them. She's been helping me for a year now and I can say I trusted her with everything...well almost everything.

"Then I'll schedule you an appointment. Meanwhile, you need to get to school before you actually do end up being late" She commented and I glanced at the clock, seeing as I should leave now if I wanted to be early and hang out with some friends. I grabbed my bag off the countertop, kissed my mom on her cheek softly before heading out the door. I didn't live far from school, it was maybe a ten minute walk. Sometimes less than that depending on how fast I'm moving. I'm a very lazy person so it pretty much stuck to a ten minute walk. It was windy out today and slightly chilly but I could handle it. The only thing bothering me was my hair getting in my face. I had hair almost to my back so it was frustrating. Good thing I always keep a hair tie on my wrist. I took it off and put my hair up in a messy bun before continuing my walk. Buns were supposedly girly but I don't care. I kinda looked cute with one so whatever.

"Hey Loser!" I heard after a few minutes of walking in silence. I looked up for a moment and turned around to see blonde hair racing through the wind. I smiled just a little as she approached me.

"Hey Rae" I greeted her and she gave me a cheeky smile as she tried to catch her breath.

"How's your morning Xander?" I hated that nickname but I loved Raelynn like she was my sister so I didn't say anything about it. I shrugged and looked forward to continue walking.

"It was fine. Nearly pissed my mom off but still" She nudged my shoulder with a smile and then looked down at her shoes.

"You're mom is always getting mad at something. You can't even look her in the eye without her getting an attitude" She rolled her eyes and I nodded in agreement. The light turned red and that was our cue to walk across the street. I waved to one of my neighbors, Mrs. Anders, as she was watering her exquisite flower bed. She waved back with a warm smile.

"So what happened this time?" Rae asked, continuing the previous conversation.

"My alarm was going off for like ten minutes and it woke her up" I explained.

"You didn't hear it for ten minutes???"

"No...I was so buried in a dream that reality just seemed to disappear I guess. And my alarm didn't even wake me up, the dream did. Anyway, she was pretty ticked off. But I made her breakfast and she didn't seem to be mad anymore. I think I'm off the hook" Raelynn and I stuck together as we were about to enter the swarm of students off to their lockers or to meet friends or to fuck in the bathroom. Whichever they wanted. My eyes gazed over the crowd and I spotted Erin and Natalie standing by the center piece fountain with our school mascot in the middle, the wolf. That was our usual spot to meet. I didn't see Joel standing there so he must have been running late.

As we came into view, Natalie spotted me and gave me a sly smirk, it made my heart just beat a little faster. Her smiles always managed to do that to me. She was just so beautiful.

We reached them and I put my arm around Natalie's waist, kissing her cheek softly. Erin was using the water from the fountain to fill up some water balloons. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"What's the prank today Erin?" I asked him and he smirked at me, his teeth gleaming from the sun. He was putting balloon after balloon in his backpack.

"Payback for Mrs. Thatcher for putting me in detention over false charges my dear Alexander!"

"Wait..you mean when you super glued her desk closed?" I chuckled at him and he nodded.

"Exactly!"

"But you did do it..how is that a false charge?" Rae smacked his head and he stuck his tongue out at her. He was such a man child.

"She had no direct proof that it was me! She went off of the testimony that I had super glue in my pocket! I'm not the only one who does you know!" He defended himself but we were already laughing at him. He was being just ridiculous.

"I'm pretty sure you only had super glue in your pocket for that one day. You've never had it before but you know, it's still a false charge I suppose" I nodded to him sarcastically.

"See? Now you're seeing reason. That bitch, is gonna pay" He said as he tied the last balloon and put it in his backpack before zipping it up. Natalie and I looked at each other, rolling our eyes together before kissing briefly.

"You guys know where Joel is?" Raelynn asked as she looked at her phone. Nat shrugged and Erin did as well.

"He got into a fight with his dad last night. That's about as much as I know. He'll probably be here later" Erin answered as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. I grabbed Natalie's stack of books before she could and she nudged my shoulder playfully. It was getting near school time so we all walked inside. Raelynn had math first while we three had English. Raelynn waved goodbye to us before she skipped down the hallway. I could see the little Gaara, Itachi and Kakashi plush toys bouncing on her book bag and it made me laugh. I always thought they were cute. Our class was on the first floor just a few doors down so it wasn't much of a walk.

When we got into the classroom, our teacher wasn't in yet so that's when we started to talk about nothing. Maybe a few minutes after that, Joel came walking in with his head down. It wasn't totally out of the ordinary for him to seem so glum but today he seemed extra glum. Probably the fight with his dad that Erin was talking about. Joel and his dad didn't really have the best relationship ever since his mom died. I mean, Joel loved his dad and I'm sure his dad loved him but I guess the loss hit them both hard and they both feel really alone.

Joel came and took his usual seat next to me and started to get his books out.

"Hey Joel" I said quietly and he turned his head a fraction of a movement and smiled a small smile at me before returning to prepare for class. It was always best not to bother him too much, he wasn't the talking type. That's why Erin was a ladies man and not Joel. Erin was really out there and loud while as Joel was more of the quiet type and liked to keep to himself. How those two ever became friends was beyond me.

"Alright class. Get out your math books and turn to page 301" Mr. Llewellyn came in carrying a stack of papers and a cup of coffee. Groans could be heard from every student and I chuckled at the response, opening my book to page 301.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around lunch time, we were all supposed to meet at our normal lunch table but we were missing one. Erin was no where to be found and that normally wasn't good. He was probably up to something involving those stupid water balloons.

"He's going to end up in Jail. I swear!" Rae said before stuffing her face with greasy pizza. It looked so nasty then again it was school food, what was there to expect other than disgusting food? No, I didn't eat it. I ate lunch made from home, school food was just too nasty.

"Who's going to bail him out?" I asked before taking a bite of my cake, careful not to spill any on my shirt or the table. I ate the last bite before Nat could try to steal some. She gave me an adorable pout and hit my shoulder.

"Not me. His bail would probably be too fucking much anyway" Nat said as she began to mess with her make up in a little compact mirror.

"I guess we'll all have to throw in some cash money to save his ass" Joel said as he read his book. I looked at Joel with a raised eyebrow as he smirked, not looking at me.

"Puh-lease" I said in a snobby tone that made him smile. He looked up at me, his blue eyes shining and his dimples showing. Before he could say anything, Erin came strolling into the lunch room with a mischievous look on his face. This couldn't be any good.

"What did you do?" Rae asked as he sat down next to her. He gave her a very charming smile and pulled his phone out, tapping a few times before turning his phone sideways. Was he recording?

"Say hi to the camera Alexander and Nat!" He chirped and confirmed my thoughts. I rolled my eyes and flipped off the camera as Nat blew a kiss. We chuckled to ourselves as he turned the camera towards the door, as if it was some type of cue because not a moment later he could hear screaming. The whole lunch room grew quiet. Erin was smiling proudly as we all stared at the doors, an angry and soaking wet Mrs. Thatcher stalking through it, covered in white powder, with murder in her eyes. If Murder She Wrote had a physical being...this...this was it.

I had never seen her so angry in my life and her eyes zeroed in right on Erin would was recording with no shame.

"Erin Johns....YOU! You Are Responsible FOR THIS!!!" She screeched, her grey hairs shaking with water falling onto the floor, creating a pool at her feet. The entire room sudden erupted into hysterical laughter at the wet teacher. Joel and I were about the only ones who weren't laughing. Sure it was funny on some level but to have everyone laughing at you...let's just say I wouldn't want it to be me. Joel looked annoyed and unimpressed. He just shook his head and went back to reading his book.

"PRINCIPALS OFFICE! NOW MR.JOHNS!!!" Her cheeks were bright red with embarrassment and the laughter continued, even as Erin stopped recording and got up from his seat, slinging his backpack over his shoulder with ease and walking in a confident stride. He even received high fives and shoulder pats from some of the laughing students. But the only thing I wondered was what type of punishment he would receive this time.

I looked at the trailed of thickened white powder and shook my head, a tiny smile playing at my lips

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hadn't heard from Erin until after school when he sent me a text saying that's he's suspended for a week. Not that he even gave a damn because hey no school for him. I kissed Natalie on her cheek and gave her a big hug before getting into my mom's car. She scheduled me an appointment to see Mrs. Angela White today. There was a certain feeling in the pit of my stomach that I was used to feeling every time I came here. It was a ticklish feeling of nervousness and dread. The familiar little home office building with the glass door greeted me, the white lettering of "Evergreen Mental and Physical Health Center" and there was a list of doctors below with their office numbers. Mrs. White was third on the list, room 1150. I had come to call that room home.

Mom pulled into an empty parking space and turned the car off, both of us getting out simultaneously. She tucked her keys in her coffin shaped purse and pulled her sunglasses over her eyes, shielding them from the sun. I had only just now noticed she had her hair up in a curly mess of a ponytail but it only made her more beautiful. She was always beautiful in my eyes.

We approached the door and I held it open for her as she walked through, giving me a sly smile. I followed behind her for a moment before going to sit down while she checked me in. There were a few other teenagers here that looked to be about my age and some younger children who were playing with the toys in the designated toy area. Most people knew each other here because it was a friendly environment but I never really talked to anyone. I preferred to keep to myself while mom socialized with other moms while fending off flirts from the dads. We were the exact opposite and it always baffled me, mom and dad are social butterflies whilst I was...not that.

I blocked them out and just stared at the weird green colored carpet, not thinking about anything in particular until I felt someone hitting my shoulder softly. I looked up quickly and noticed mom looking at me. It was then I heard my name being called and I turned to see the receptionist smiling sweetly at me.

"Alexander..Mrs. White will see you now" I looked at my mother, and she gave me an encouraging nod. I got up from my seat and walked towards the back hallway, not really knowing what to expect from this session.