‹ Prequel: Dark on Me
Status: Slowly but Surely

Psychosis

Voices

"Party party party party!!!!!" I rolled my eyes and continued rummaging through my locker looking for my maths book. There was so much of Natalie's stuff in here that I couldn't find anything of mine. I ignored Erin saying "party" over and over.

"What fucking party you jerk off?!" Raelynn nearly screeched from annoyance. I chuckled, finally finding the text book and closing my locker shut before anything of Nat's could fall out. I really needed to talk to her about this. It's a locker, not a home closet.

"Uhhh Michael Taylor's exclusive party, no squeaks allowed. That WE are invited to! That awesome party in a big mansion with all the booze we can imagine!" I shook my head and looked at him. He looked like a child in a candy shop, locked in by himself. I wasn't not a party person. I hated them. I hated the one's my parents dragged me to and I'd hate this even more. Raelynn thumped Erin on his nose and he rubbed it with a slight pout.

"Partying with you is a death sentence. And Michael Taylor isn't even old enough to drink"

"His parents are supplying of course" Rae and I looked at each other in disbelief. Erin rolled his eyes and sighed as we began to walk down the corridor.

"His parents are a bunch of ass kissers. They spoil the fuck out of Michael ever since his sister died a few years ago. They give him anything he wants whenever he wants it. Sad she died, but beneficial to him. " Erin explained to us and it made it slightly sick. Using a death to gain stuff. Pretty sad and that made me not wanna go even more. But knowing my friends, I really didn't have a say in the matter. I rolled my eyes and shook my head once again before looking forward, seeing Natalie talking to one of her female friends. Ones I didn't like. They were huddled close together and giggling, which meant it was some female stuff that I didn't want to know about it. I left Rae and Erin to their devices and walked over to Natalie, putting my arm around her. She jumped a bit in surprise but smiled up at me, blushing a bit. Her friend, Andrea, looked at me with devious eyes before looking at Natalie.

"Catch you later Nat. Tell me all about it" She said in an even more devious tone than before. I raised an eyebrow at her as she walked away.

"Tell about what?" I asked and she mock punched my chest before resting her head on my shoulder.

"My dress for the Valentines day dance. Which you can't see until then!" She added sharply at the end. I honestly hadn't thought about the dance. I don't like them anymore than I like parties. But as I've stated, I don't have a choice in the matter. When it came to impressing and fashion, Natalie put others to shame and she made sure of it. I would have to be just as lavish as her. I let the subject go because her word was final. Instead I kissed her cheek and we set off to our first class. As we were walking in our comfortable and loving silence, we passed a set of steps and a chill went up my spine. The stairs led to the dreaded 17th Hall. Students technically weren't allowed there. Because of something electrical wiring or something. But there were rumors that someone was killed here and they kept it blocked off because of the bloodstains they couldn't get out and the fear that the murderer would come back. There was a short couple days the school was closed awhile back. They said it was because of the electrical issue. But some people said they saw cops and crime scene tape. There was a student, Andrew Savage, who had went missing around the time. It's been months since then and he still wasn't found. Whether he's dead or not hasn't been disclosed or rather they don't know. Erin and one of his mates came up here and swore they saw the bloodstains but was too freaked to actually take a picture of it. If its true, the person who did it was never caught and that's why they keep this area blocked off. Or..it could just be a electrical issue.

Whatever the case was, we didn't go near it. Some students saw it as a home away from home. The unruly ones who listened to no one. They would smoke, drink and hang out up there. But sometimes, even to them it got too creepy because it's been abandoned for months. They just never reopened it. And no one knows the real reason why.

I ignored the feelings I got and walked to my first class, maths. I held the door open for Nat and she winked at me. We walked to our normal seats and I looked up. But I didn't see Mr. Llewellyn and his graying balding head. Instead I saw a young woman standing there, her platinum blonde hair curled and laying heavily on her shoulders. She couldn't have been more than twenty five years old. And her piercing green eyes only made her seem younger and almost mystified. She had a small smile on her face as she gazed over the classroom, as if she was looking for something. And when she landed her gaze on me, her smile hardened a bit. I was slightly baffled but then I realized my hair was in a messy bun today and I probably looked ridiculous. I blushed a bit and looked down, getting out my text book.

"Morning class" Her accent was...American? At least I thought it was. I looked back up to see her hands clasped together and her smile was soft again.

"My name is Liz Salvatore. And from today and on until the end of the year, I will be your teacher. I know you must have questions about your previous teacher and his whereabouts. Mr. Llewellyn has joined a program that is similar to the foreign exchange student program. It was started a few years ago. Teachers have the extraordinary chance to travel to different parts of the world to teach in their own way. He has taken my place in America and I have taken his here. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. Now...let's get to know each other by knowing names here " She laughed before getting out a clipboard and reading off some names. My first impression was she was very charming. Her laugh sounded like bells in the wind and she spoke so..smoothly. She was sure of herself.

"Alexander Draven?" She called out but right away, her eyes landed on me, as if she knew. I raised my hand briefly to let her know I was here. She nodded once before returning to put names to faces.

I pulled out my notebook and started to draw a picture. I had another dream last night. This one was different...it was soft and light. I remember seeing a cat. It was a white cat that was extremely fluffy, like it's fur was made from snow. And the prettiest blue eyes. We sat in the grass, right in front of a rushing river that led on for miles. I was laying on my back awhile he sat on my chest. Running my fingers through his thick fur, it was calm and quiet. I could feel the warmth from the sun beating down on my skin, his bushy tale occasionally brushing me on my face, making me laugh.

I don't even like cats. But I liked this one. He felt like.. he was my friend. And that he was going to protect me.

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't realize that Natalie was tapping me. I looked up from my finished drawing of a white fur cat to look at her. It had only occurred to me that Mrs. Salvatore was trying to get my attention as well. She was speaking but my mind wasn't hearing her.

"I-I'm sorry Mrs. Salvatore...what did you say?" I said shyly and she smiled a bit at me.

"I like cats as much as you do..but math class isn't for that" I heard some chuckles coming from students around me and I sunk in my seat even more, closing my book.

"But it is a lovely drawing. Alright..back to page 415" She said and turned back to the board. I liked that she didn't make a big deal out of it. If it was Mr.Llewellyn I wouldn't hear the end of it. I liked her.

The rest of class went by in a breeze. I was packing up my stuff and I turned to Natalie.

"Want me to walk you to class?" I asked her and she shook her head. I raised an eyebrow, usually she said yes.

"No. I have to stop by the bathroom to fix my make up. I'll catch you at lunch later dear" She said quickly before leaning up to kiss my cheek. I felt my heart swell just a little as her soft lips touched me. I smiled at her and she walked off. I opened my notebook and tore the cat drawing out of it. Walking over to Mrs. Salvatore's desk, she was writing something down on a form. I guess she heard me coming because she looked up at me with a sweet smile.

"Yes Mr. Draven?" She said to me and a chuckled.

"Alexander please...and I wanted to say 'Welcome' and I hope that you enjoy your stay here" I blushed immensely and handed her the picture. Her smiled widened as she took it from me. She looked as if it was the greatest gift she had received. I looked at her eyes and noticed they were watering...?

"Are you okay?" I asked immediately and she nodded, brushing the tear away.

"Allergies...do you have a cat?" I shook my head, ignoring the allergy part.

"No..just saw him in a dream. Have a good day Mrs. Salvatore" I said and turned, walking away, not wanting to be late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't wait until I got home. I was feeling really tired and when that last bell rang, I sighed in relief. Natalie text me and said that her parents came to get her early, she had a doctors appointment and that she loved me. I told her I loved her and the conversation ended. I said goodbye to all of my friends after promising I would be at the party next week. I was going to ask my parents when I got home, hoping they would say no. But mom wanting me to socialize more and a party was the perfect place for that.

When I got home, I noticed a black Rolls Royce sitting in our driveway, and it didn't belong to my dad. I raised an eyebrow as I walked in.

"I'm home!" My voice echoed throughout the house. But I heard no one respond to me. Mom was probably out. I sat my bag on the kitchen table and grabbed a snack from the fridge. Some left over pizza. I stuck it in the microwave and waited for the seconds to pass by. As I did, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I turned around immediately. I expected dad to be standing there but instead there was a white hair boy standing there with an excited look in his eye and a small smile

"Uhhh.." I couldn't think of anything else to say. Then I remembered, he was here a few days ago. He was my dad's potential business partner.

"Hi. I'm Victor DiaBalla. You must be Alexander. Nice to meet you!" He stuck his hand out to me. I slowly reached towards him and shook it. The second I did, my hand felt hot as...hell. And I wanted to rip it away but I fought the urge to.

"Nice..to meet you too.." I said and slowly pulled my hand away from him. There was a chill going up my spine from our touch and it felt cold..He felt..cold and dark. If I had voices in my head, thankfully I don't, they would be telling me to run the fuck out of here. He didn't say anything, he just kept staring at me.

"Where's..um my dad at?" I asked him and he turned, craning his neck towards the stairs.

"He's upstairs on a phone call. I heard movement so I thought I would come and introduce myself. I have a feeling we are going to be great friends" I reached back and took my pizza out the microwave without looking away from him because I felt like if I did he would try something funny. I didn't trust him.

"That's great. I'm gonna go and watch tv. Good meeting you" I said and walked by him quickly, he never took his eyes from me either. I could feel him staring as I ran up the stairs and into my room.

"What the fuck.." I whispered to myself before sitting down on my bed, making sure to lock the door.

I don't know what type of business my dad had with a boy who looked like he was 16 years old. But I knew to stay out of it. Although..if I had voices in my head..they would be telling me to be very concerned. Because he definitely was not normal.

And for a moment..I swore I could hear them telling me that...creeping from underneath the door frame and filling the room for only my ears could hear them.

Do Not Trust Victor Diaballa