Status: Active! (:

Monster

Prologue: Masquerade

“Piss off.”

Ella squirmed, as he grabbed her wrist and pushed her hand away. His eyes were a dark red, his face an expression of utter rage. He looked at her coldly, and his eyes almost cut through her soul. She shivered.

This man was scary.

She swallowed, looking away as she retracted her arm, her words lost in her mouth. The little courage she had managed to muster only minutes ago was gone now. Terrified, she turned and walked away.

There was nothing she could have done to help anyway.

***

He watched her retreating back, and something twisted painfully inside him.

Bloody hell.

He hated it when his mind worked like that. He couldn’t quite place his finger on it, but something stopped him from hurting that woman. And the Devil knew, he wanted to rip her apart. But there was something, something that...

Aw hell. Maybe it was because she was too small.

She resembled some kind of very small animal anyway, clueless and spoilt. And one that was probably an airhead. Why else had she agreed to marry him?

Him, of all the people in the world, when she knew he was an outcast, and the son of the Devil himself?

Oh yes. She had to be an idiot alright.

The thought almost made him smile. As she walked out of the room, he looked at the wound on his shoulder, which was still bleeding profusely. He sighed, and then sat down. As he relaxed himself, the wound began to heal.

This one was probably going to leave a scar.

Sighing again, he recalled how worried she had looked when she had seen the cut. And how he had pushed her away like a jerk.

A pang of guilt hit him again.

And he almost howled in fury.

What the bloody hell was wrong with him?

Groaning, he got up and tromped out of his room. Maybe he should go and kill another one of those dumb Valkyries. That should give him some peace of mind.

And maybe he should throw the corpse in that woman’s room as well. Maybe then she would go away.

And leave him the hell alone.