Status: Active! (:

Monster

Pieces

“THE HELL I’M TAKING HER IN!”

He thundered, banging his fist against the wall, only to swear in pain. His body wasn’t completely healed yet, and he was still tired from his duel in the Iron Fields. Well, his assault on it actually. But the point was, he was exhausted, gashed, and bleeding and he definitely didn’t want this trash right now.

Not that he was going to take any of it.

Rubbing his fist callously, Aether paced around, glaring at the damn squirrel with each step he took. Someday, some very fine day, he was going to grab the midget and kill it. Then he would see who brought him all these pathetic suggestions from his stupid father. Not to mention, with such great poise as well. People shuddered once he, the Devil’s son, looked at them. But this mouse-cum-squirrel stood before him as if it was the greatest creation on earth.

Bloody hell.

“Are you listening to me?” he snarled, this time a bit more loudly, “I will have none of this crap. Not while you’re standing in my house at least.”

The squirrel stood on his table, with its back straight, eyes closed and hands calmly behind its back.

The very image of it pissed him off.

“We could go to my house, if you want,” it remarked.

And Aether wanted to throttle its throat.

“I said,” he seethed, “I am not going to do it. Get the hell out of my house.”

He wanted to point at the door and usher it out, but the squirrel had the ability to travel through space. It was a being from hell after all, secretary to his father as well. For a squirrel, it lived quite fancy. And it was named quite fancy too.

Father called it Morgan. Morgan Amon.

That was as bad as it gets.

The squirrel shifted on its legs, giving him a rather frustrated look. Then adjusting its oversized glasses, it scratched its whiskers.

“Why does everything have to be so difficult with you, Aether?” It asked, and then sat down on the desk, “You know you could just agree to it, right? I’m not here without an offer. And it’s an offer you wouldn’t refuse.”

Aether rolled his eyes.

“Nothing you say is going to make me keep a woman in my house. If she needs help, take her to heaven or something. I’ve heard they actually help there.”

Morgan shook his head.

“I knew you were going to be annoying. What if I say you don’t actually have to keep the woman, but marry her?”

Aether’s heart nearly stopped, and then his jaw almost dropped to the floor.

“MARRY?!” he screeched, suddenly wide eyed and aghast.

That word... just that word was enough to make him tremble. If there was anything that he was afraid of, it was that word.

“And that she’s human?”

Aether’s eyes almost fell out of their sockets, as he looked at Morgan in alarm. What in the world was it talking about? Had the squirrel finally lost it? It had been around for a couple of centuries now. Maybe it had finally lost its brains.

Well, how much of brain could it have anyway?

He wanted to smirk at the thought, but something warned him. All jokes apart, he knew that Morgan was an excellent negotiator. The squirrel wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t convinced that it could make Aether agree. What the hell was going on?

Morgan smirked.

“I guess I’m finally doing the talking. As for the deal I’ve brought to you, let me just say this. If you agree to this, you’ll be granted entry into hell. And even though bastards of the Devil can’t set foot into the place, your father will deal with you. What do you have to say to that?”

***

Nothing.

She could see nothing, feel nothing, sense nothing... except for the occasional pain that shot through her body and almost ripped her apart.

She screamed, as the terrible, burning pain scorched through her arm again. It felt as if her insides were being smouldered, it was so terrible. She was sure it was the end.

But hadn’t she been promised otherwise?

She lay in the dark room, blindfolded and tied. She didn’t remember what had happened. For all she knew, she had been trying to die. But she did remember one thing.

She had decided to deal with the Devil.

And she had signed a contract.

Everything she had ever learnt in her life told her that it was a grave mistake.

But...

What other choice did she have?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to SMThomas2013 for her recommendation, and to all of you who have read and subscribed to the story. Thanks. (: