New Beginnings

Mine

His cold eyes softened at her silhouette, her shirt ripped and torn, eyes hidden beyond the dark curtain of fluffy, slightly matted hair. It was dripping with some kind of liquid dark from what he could tell. His thoughts raced he could clearly tell what had happened from her ripped clothes, she was missing various items. Carefully his rough yet calm hand stretched out from his crouched form, he was crouching over her to check whether she was alive or not his fingers implied she was but from her almost statuesque form she was cowering away from the world waiting for it to end. She tried to talk, her lips were moving and sounds were coming out but the words were flowing so fast that he had no clue weather she was talking or just incoherently babbling. After a while he managed to gather her up in his arms and put her in the back of his car, he figured she’d be safer at his home than outside with the foul stench and scattered wrappers from her violation only mere minutes before he found her.

When she opened her eyes to see the monsters violation, she squinted and looked around the room slowly and carefully. This is not where she was left, cold and bloody awaiting death. Suddenly there were 3 soft knocks; she turned to see who her angel was. He truly was an angel, as his calm, soft and swift footsteps made no noise. Each step bringing her Saviour closer to her, at this point he was so close she could almost feel his warmth, inviting her, comforting her, everything about him so far seemed so inviting so, so serene. It was almost like he could read her mind as his long arms encircled her fragile body. No words were said as the room was deadly silent, something that, at any other time would have normally terrified her, rocked her very core with fear. Right now in this moment though, she felt something she hadn’t known in a very long time, it was almost a welcome stranger. She felt safe, in the stranger’s arms, in his silent house, she felt like she belonged.

His gentle fingers caressed her skin through her shirt; the shirt that she had only just realized wasn’t hers. 'It must be his' she thought as she slowly relaxed into his calm and protecting masculine frame. His bright green lights shining into her deep blue ones. No words were said as they connected through those intelligent orbs, talking with their eyes, he was assuring her that she was indeed safe. Her feminine features relaxed as the soft set orbs finally stopped bleeding their crystal liquid. He couldn't resist, he gently and slowly brought his lips down her cheek and towards her ear, just brushing her soft skin, as he whispered into her ear strongly and confidently. "You're safe now, nothing will harm you as long as I'm around, I promise."

Just as quick as a breath his lips brushed hers in an unfamiliar kiss.

'Holy crap! I swear he just growled'

His lips part from hers as his words are barely audible, straining to catch it.
"Mine!"
He growls again, as he surrounds her once again. Protecting her from the world.