Status: Short and sweet two shot.

Small Bump

Part Two of Two

She’s like so whatever
You could do so much better
I think we should get together now


Another album made, another lump sum paycheck, which meant nothing more than another celebration amongst the men. In all of their years, they had never thought they would make it as big as they did, but here they were in their mansions. Sure, as teens they had wanted to go far, but never in their wildest dreams did they think that they would actually do it.

The band mingled amongst their families and friends, chit-chatting in the heat of the Californian summer night. As the crowd slowly died down and went home, there were a few people left on the pool loungers, laughing and drinking.

Michelle and Brian were tucked away, jeering at Matt and Val about all the times they'd been caught having sex. Everyone else enjoyed the stories and even added in a few of their own, much to the newly-engaged couples’ dismay. Eventually it was just Brian lying by the edge of the pool, smoking his cigarette and sipping his whiskey on the rocks. He tried his best to adjust his eyes to watch the stars, but alcohol impaired his vision.

Closing his eyes and breathing deeply, he’d just begun to relax when a body jumped onto him and a hand clamped over his mouth. His eyes shot open only to see a brunette woman straddling him. A smirk appeared on his lips as she took her hand off of his mouth. "I thought you had to go home with your boyfriend," he whispered, propping himself up on his elbows.

"I thought you were going home with your girlfriend." She smirked, pushing her breasts out. "I did go home with my boyfriend, but he fell asleep. At least my girlfriend didn't throw a hissy fit because no one was paying the poor baby attention," she mocked, feeling Brian's cock twitch against her.

"Yeah, well..." He tried to defend her actions but he was really struggling. "I thought you were breaking up with Greg—"

"I thought you were breaking up with Alicia!"

"Yeah, I was until you decided you were going home with him. We can't keep doing this, Michelle. You love me, I love you. Let’s just get out of our relationships and start our own."

Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you


"I remember the first time we met Brian, he was a scrawny teenager with bleach-blond hair," Michelle's father continued to the room. "I believe the girls did his hair with their own leftover hair dye." The room erupted with laughter, leaving the groom shaking his head and starting to look a bit flushed. "I never thought that he and Michelle would end up together, but I sure as hell am glad that they did. I've never seen anyone make my daughter as happy as she has been with you." A few eyes welled up with tears as the older gentleman spoke.

"But that's probably the money you let her spend on clothes." He let the laughter quieten before becoming a little more serious. "But Brian, I welcome you into our family with open arms. May the two of you live a long and happy life together!" He cheered and raised his glass of champagne, and the room full of people followed his lead.

As the evening drew closer to an end, Brian and Michelle were soon oblivious to those around them and basked in each other’s happiness. They'd finally done it; they were finally together after all their years of being in and out of a relationship. But Brian had always failed to mention the death of his unborn child of nearly twelve years ago. He never talked about it to anyone. As far as everyone else knew, Brian had never gotten Steph pregnant.

Brian let out a little sigh and let that thought escape his mind. This was his and her day. He never thought he would get there with Michelle, but he was ready to be a husband and hopefully soon enough a father to her children. A small smile escaped his lips, looking at his beautiful wife's face. He really couldn't believe his work.

Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much healing


"Okay baby, call me later." He tried to hide the disappointment in his voice. He wasn't disappointed with her, just the situation. "I love you so much, Shell." His wife on the other line assured him he was loved back just before the phone call was ended. Briefly looking at his turned off phone, his mind wandered a little.

"Brian," Matt called, but didn't seem to be getting through to his suddenly deaf brother-in-law. "Brian!" he said a little louder as he patted Brian's back. "We're all gonna chill out for a bit in the hotel while there's nothing on. You staying in or going out?"

He snapped from his thoughts, standing suddenly. "Nah man, I'm gonna go for a walk."

With that Brian left the hotel and began to explore the crowded streets of New York City. He didn't even notice where he was until he came across a little café in the side streets. Normally he would have been tempted to go get wasted, but he wasn't allowed to. Instead, a strong coffee somewhat filled the void. His mind drifted yet again, leaving his eyes blind to people until a child ran straight into his elbow making his coffee disperse all over the table.

A woman ran over and began scolding her child as she handed Brian napkins and apologised profusely. He told her it was fine, it really didn't bother him, but then she stopped and really looked at him. "Brian, is that you?" His eyes met with hers and it took a few seconds for it to register with him who it was.

"Steph?" They smiled at each other before hugging for a second. "Sit down, join me, please. Coffee's on me!" He ushered her and the young child to the dry table beside them. "Hey sweetie, what’s your name?" he asked the little girl who had tears in eyes from her mother’s scolding. "Not much of a talker?" She shook her head and buried it deeper into her mother’s arm. "That's okay. Whoa, mommy Steph, eh?"

"Yeah, she's my youngest." As much as she loved her daughter, she broke her mother’s heart on a continuous basis. "She's like my twin, but I think she's going to be worse. Thank God the other three are like their father," she whispered just loud enough to give Brian a light laugh. "So how are you? I heard the band is doing great and you got married a few years ago—huge congratulations on both! Any little Haners running around yet?"

His heart panged a little, but he suppressed his feelings. "Thanks, we're doing great in everything so far. It’s been amazing. I haven't seen you in years or heard anything about you. God, it's been twelve years. Fill me in."

"I'm sorry," she whispered with a sad smile. "I should have never pushed you away the way I did. I was hurting, but I didn't see how much you were hurting until years later. We both lost our child that day." Refusing to meet her eyes, Brian nodded, looking at his coffee. "But we would have never worked either way. I think we were only together for him."

"I know, but I'm not gonna lie, I was devastated when he... and then you pushed me away. It kinda broke me." After all the years and words that the two needed to say to each other, they just sat in silence watching Steph's little girl play. "Michelle and I are struggling to get pregnant. Every day she's late my heart leaps with joy and every time, nothing happens," he broke the ice, still not looking in her direction. "But it’s crazy how one time when I was twenty, using protection, I was almost a father."

Steph reached over and took his hand. "Brian, it will happen. It took me and my husband a few attempts the first time, and now look. The last three weren't planned at all." She squeezed his hand and they gave a light giggle. "I'm glad we met today, Brian."

"Me too," he said making eye contact with her. "Me too, Steph."

Don't ya think that you need somebody
Don't ya think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one


Michelle stretched up as far as she could to reach the pop tarts on the top shelf. She cursed herself for putting them there in the first place. "Michelle!" The voice almost made her jump out of her skin. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Brian demanded as he reached for the box she was so close to getting. "You're supposed to be on bed rest."

"I had a craving for something sugary and you were sleeping—"

"Michelle," he said softly, "you’re pregnant. You shouldn't be doing anything. Especially since you've had such bad morning sickness. I don't want anything to happen to you or the baby." He hugged her close, but careful of the five-month-old life in her blossoming stomach. "I told you before, I'm here to do anything and everything for you right now. I'm here to keep you relaxed and calm."

Eventually he got his wife to settle on the sofa with him by her side. But he was not relaxed or calm. He knew this time that just because she was pregnant, that didn't mean nothing would happen to the baby. He’d learned that years ago. He was freaked out by every little twinge she had; any groan or moan she made during her pregnancy put him on high alert.

In all the years of playing on stage with thousands of people watching, this pregnancy scared him the most. He had never wanted something so much before. It scared him to death that he would have to see any child of his not make it into the world. He was always on edge; he couldn't help it. He even did what most men out there didn't do—he read the pregnancy books.

"Bri, why are you worried?" his wife quizzed him in a daze, watching the adverts go by on the television screen. She felt his body briefly stiffen up beside her. She looked at him and saw terror in his face. "Talk to me," she whispered softly, gliding her hand up to his stubbled cheek.

"I... It’s..." He wanted to tell her it was nothing, but then he looked into the eyes of his lover, his wife, his best friend and the woman that was carrying his baby. Michelle had a concerned look on her face and her eyes pleaded to know the truth to help her husband. Before Brian knew, he was telling her everything. Something he'd never done before.

"Oh, Brian." Michelle pulled Brian into her arms. "Baby, you should have told me this a long time ago. You were just a kid, things can happen. But nothing will happen this time. I promise you." She held him tightly as his head lay under hers. They both shed tears for the pain Brian had carried around for years.

Flowers laid out for you
So many colours leave me blind
Seeing your face reflect from a babies eyes


Watching the doctors talk quietly to each other in the hallway, Brian watched closely as he held Michelle's hand. He’d become a slight bit more relaxed since their talk a few months previous, but he knew that there was something not quite right about the doctors in the hallway.

"Mr and Mrs Haner, baby is taking a little longer than expected to come out." Alarms rang in Brian's head as Michelle, who was heavily in labour, gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "To keep you and baby happy and healthy we would like you to go in for a caesarean section. There is nothing to worry about, we just want to make sure mom and baby aren't stressed out or becoming exhausted."

The doctor excused himself to organise the operation, meaning Michelle was the one to coach Brian through his fear. "We are both going to be fine. You heard the doctor: if they leave it too late something could happen, but they wanna intervene before anything does, okay?" He nodded with a reassuring smile, but he really wasn't fooling Michelle. "Go scrub up. I want you in there with me."

"I won't leave you in there. I'm gonna be there the whole time, holding your hand. I promise." He held her hand as she was pushed into the theatre. Brian was true to his word as they began operating. He never looked over the partition to see his baby being born. Instead, he watched Michelle's face, looking for any sign that something was wrong.

It turned out Brian was wrong. Michelle never showed any signs of pain or discomfort, until their baby's cry filled the operating room. She tried to look over the partition but failed, nudging her husband to look at their new little bundle they had created. Brian's fears and anxiety faded as soon as the little baby was handed to him.

"Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Haner. Your baby boy is extremely healthy."

"Michelle, a little boy." Brian's eyes began to spill out salted liquid in one of the happiest moments of his life. "He's perfect." He laid the baby across Michelle's chest, with one hand on the baby and the other stroking her head and kissing her. "You did so well, baby. I love you. Thank you." He whispered in her ear.

The doctors informed them that Brian would have to hold the newborn as they stitched Michelle up. His eyes flickered between his son and his wife. He never thought that he could feel so much love for someone he just met. In the silent beats of the machines, one suddenly pierced loudly. Brian jolted a little and looked at Michelle who now had her eyes closed.

"She’s haemorrhaging, get him out of here!" Before Brian could do anything he was pulled out of the theatre with his baby son in his arms. He didn't get a chance to protest. How could the happiest moment of his life turn terrifying so quickly? He paced along the doors, trying to see what was happening to his wife, but nothing ever showed.

Time went slowly as Brian sat in the room filled with flowers, his son not once leaving his sight. Brian was exhausted; he couldn't handle so much emotion at once. Offers from nurses and family came in to take the baby while he rested, but Brian refused. He did everything for the baby that needed to be done. Diapers where changed, bottles were given, and the baby was almost over nurtured by his father.

Michelle lay there. Brian couldn't look at her, she was so pale and fragile, so lifeless. All he could do was watch the baby. His son. He coughed roughly to cover his little sob. Be strong, he thought to himself, be strong for him. Keeping a close eye on the small bundle, his eyes began to water. He never thought of himself as a bad person, yet misery just followed him everywhere he went. First his unborn son and now Michelle.

His heart couldn't help but wonder about the baby he lost all those years ago. He thought he was ready to be a father back then and now he knew he was. Although his heart was bursting with love for one son, it ached for the other. He couldn't believe how much joy and sorrow looking at his newborn’s face brought him.

He began to sit back in the chair, still watching the newborn boy as he slept. Somewhere along the line he himself fell into a deep sleep. His dreams brought him back to the day he'd found out he was going to be a daddy. He’d felt such relief that day. He’d been beginning to think that there was a problem with him, that he couldn't have children, or if he did that they wouldn't make it. But then Michelle told him the wonderful news. His heart leaped with joy, bringing him to the point of tears, not that he would ever let his friends find out he wept.

A light groan woke him from his sleep. He opened his eyes unwillingly, trying to adjust them to the light. Rubbing his eyes, he stood beside the bassinet. It was empty. Brian froze and panicked. He whipped his head towards the bed to see Michelle lying in the bed with a little baby in her arms.

"Look, Daddy woke up," Michelle said softly. She was scared after what happened in the operating room, but she knew her husband was traumatized. Brian sat beside her, placing his hand gently on hers. The baby let a soft cry. "It's okay baby, Mommy and Daddy are here for you," she cooed. "I was thinking of name." Brian looked up, looking at her watching the baby. "Saul James Haner."

I give my heart to you
I give my heart 'cause nothing
Can compare in this world to you
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs in order;
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
John Legend - All Of Me
Adele - Hello
Guns n' Roses - November Rain
Bullet For My Valentine - Say Goodnight
Avenged Sevenfold - Warmness On The Soul

Thank you samantha_r0se , NikkiFoxy8 and Haylie_Jaed for your feedback and recs!
I hope you all enjoyed :)