Status: Updates are liable to be irratic and will come in fluid bursts.

The Stable

An Early Morning: 1

I woke up pretty early in the morning, even if I guess it could have been any time of the day on the topside. Living in the stable under a mountain does this to all of us.

I am Sugar Belle, according to my Pip Buck. We all have one, I was actually born with it. At my fifth birthday; the buck was down loading the Sugar Belle icon, thus making me the baker of the stable.

According to tradition, I moved to my own room at age five, due to the mark I had been given by my Pip Buck. As an apprentice to the baker, I do bake quite a lot. It is an important position, but doesn’t make me special in any way.

Of course, the bakery is next to the orchard, where the apples grow; safe from the outside and ready to be bucked by the farmer.

Living by the bakery is quite acceptable, why complain? While it is no luxury or status, but it is a home to me. No Pony is homeless here, why should any pony be?

The point of living close to the bakery is that it is my job and my purpose; saving me time to go to and from the work I enjoy performing. Both for myself, and for my fellow Ponies and stable residents.

Of course, as a baker, I had to get up early, so I could make the first batch of baked goods in time for breakfast to all Ponies of the Stable. I don’t complain, it’s a good job and a good life. It is what Starlight Glimmer envisioned for me and the stable in which I live. She guided us down to safety, as the first sign of the war came before her, or so we are told. Who told her, or how she learned of it, no pony knows.

Since we do have a mighty fine Apple orchard near the bakery, I have plenty of apples to work with. I love my apples, they are good to eat. Apples are good for Ponies. Of course, Apples keeps the Doctor away; not because they smell bad or make you smell, but because they keep you well nourished and happy.

I had been given the Sugar bell mark, so I bake all the juicy and tasty treats; not so much loafing for me, or the heavy bread baking. I couldn’t complain.

Just like any Pip-buck technician would explain, the Buck manages magic, so it can keep me up to date with everything I need and manage an assortment of spells useful in my daily life and line of work. I guess this is why our Founder, starlight Glimmer permitted its use and even went as far as to permit it to hold our mark. Of course, who am I to say, I am just the baker in line. I don’t know the technician in person, I have no real connections. Every Pony in the stable comes by the bakery from time to time.

-

-

-
♠ ♠ ♠
Sugar Belle's POV