Status: Complete! ❤

Angels & Demons

ELEVEN || LET'S GO HOME

As she held the gun in her hands, she wasn't sure what she meant to do with it. Part of her really did want to shoot him, and she wasn't sure why she'd become so angry at him over things she'd expected the whole time anyway. Impulsively, she rushed out of the room and down the hallway to follow him.

"J!" she yelled after him, positioning the gun so that it was pointed right at him. He walked a second more before turning to look at her. When he did, she saw his eyes grow wide for a moment, despite his trying to hide it from her.

"What are you doing, Quinn?" he asked her, looking her up and down with confidence, like he knew she wasn't going to actually shoot him. Nodding to steady herself, she held strong, holding the gun at him.

"I'm pointing a gun at you, J," she told him, looking at him with eyes that he barely recognized. As he watched her, he could almost see something inside her breaking. It was as if she'd suddenly become a different person altogether. His eyes surveyed her body carefully and he quickly moved toward her.

"You gonna shoot me, Quinn?" he asked her when he was right in front of her, taking the barrel of the gun in his hand and guiding it to his chest. "Shoot me!" he yelled at her, watching as she thought it over. He wasn't sure what was going on inside her, but it was obvious that it was something big. Something was shifting in her brain and he wasn't sure what it meant.

She thought about it a long time, looking at his hand wrapped around the barrel of the gun. Finally, she put her finger on the trigger and squeezed it, looking him in the eye as she did. She watched as his face clouded over with surprise and then a smile as the gun just clicked loudly, empty.

"You knew it was empty," he said as she tossed the gun aside.

"I knew it was empty," she confirmed, moving to stand right in front of him and look him in the eye. He looked back at her, the sinister smile still plastered on his face.

"You're trouble," he whispered, and she nodded.

She wasn't sure what exactly had happened to her as she'd held the gun, pointing at the man she loved. She wasn't sure what had happened inside of her, but it had been something big. Something... exhilarating. All of a sudden, all of the conscience she'd had about killing those mobster men before faded away and was replaced with something very similar to adrenaline. As she'd held that gun at him, she didn't feel anything other than love for him and excitement for what they were going to do together in the future.

"Your fault," she replied to him, and he nodded back at her, moving at her and wrapping his arms around her to hold her tight. "Tell me you love me. Tell me you weren't lying," she whispered, looking up at him expectantly.

"I love you," he said, looking in her eyes and smiling a small smile. "I'm... sorry about the things I said before. I don't know how to deal with that stuff. I don't know how to deal with feelings and emotions and things like that. Of course I love you," he told her, and she smiled back at him.

"That's all I needed to know," she said, leaning up to him to kiss him.

When they pulled apart, she couldn't help but smile at him again. "I'm guessing there's gonna be more mobster friends after us sometime soon?" she asked, and he nodded.

"Probably."

"Well, I'm going to need some more ammo then."

"I can do better than that," he told her, taking her hand and leading her down the hall to a locked room. He pulled the key from his pocket and opened the door to reveal a full weapons armory. "Take your pick," he said to her, motioning around the room. Her eyes grew wide as she walked around the room, running her fingers over everything that looked interesting to her.

An hour later, they were both fully armed and sure enough, more mobsters showed up at the door. A lot more. Quinn stood beside J, brandishing the assault rifle she'd chosen. Both of them cackled wildly as they opened fire on the men, taking them all out easily.

When it was over, there was a completely different feeling in the pit of Quinn's stomach than there had been the first time. This time, all she felt was adrenaline and the very real impulse to do it all again. She looked at J lovingly, just to see his crystal blue eyes looking back at her the exact same way.

"Let's go home, my love," he said, reaching for her hand and tossing his rifle aside. She took it happily and followed him out of the safe house and to his car. He surprised her by tossing her the keys to his beloved Lamborghini. She slid into the driver's seat and backed out of the driveway as recklessly as possible, both her and J laughing maniacally the whole way.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end! So sorry I missed posting yesterday but I hope the ending is worth the wait! Thank you to everyone who's been keeping track of this story, I'm glad you've all liked it. ❤