Status: Weekly updates - planning a rewrite for the earlier chapters soon

Wilted

Calla Lily

Rachel came by later, I let her in with a mocha made for her. She accepted it with a wide smile and sat at what seemed to now be her chair. I hadn’t quite finished repotting so I sat back down to finish it off whilst she sipped at the drink I had made. It had taken me about four attempts to get it right; I wasn’t a big coffee drinker.

“You really like plants, don’t you?” Rachel said as more of a statement than a question.

“Is it obvious?” I replied. Do I always have to be sarcastic?

Rachel laughed at my response. Phew, I didn’t piss her off. “What makes you like them so much?”

I pondered on it for a second. I started liking them after the incident, there was a magnetism that attracted me to them but I’d never really thought why I liked them beyond that I just did.

“I guess,” I said after a minute of thinking, “that I like them because they’re the opposite of me.”

A questioning look glazed over Rachel’s eyes and she looked like she wanted to ask more, but on a second though I guess she thought better of it.

Instead, she checked her watch. “Oh crap, I’ve been here longer than I thought.”

I glanced over to the clock on my wall. She’d been here half an hour?

Rummaging through her bag she handed me my tablets and then said a quick bye before dashing out the door.

I looked down at the little bag of different coloured tablets, reciting the different effects they had on me. Calmed my nerves, evened my mood, reduced my anger, helped me sleep. So many pills for such a little body.

I went over to the bin to throw them in but something stopped me.
Instead, I poured the tablets into my mouth and swallowed them all in one go with a gulp of water to help wash them down. Maybe I should try to grow tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
are people enjoying this?