Status: Weekly updates - planning a rewrite for the earlier chapters soon

Wilted

Golden Pothos

I barely heard the door when Rachel knocked on it. I opened the door but my arms felt weak as I did.

Rachel smiled at me as she opened the door, eyeing my figure over quickly like she was performing an examination of me. “You started taking your tablets.”

I raised an eyebrow, or at least tried to. My eyes felt heavy and my body droopy.

She looped her arm through mine and led me other to my bed, helping me rest against the pillows.

“I-“ I stumbled over my words trying to work out what I wanted to ask.

“One of the medications that Mrs. Green assigned you is a strong sleeping tablet. She thought it would help you rest better since you always look so sickly and tired, seems it was way too strong.” Rachel explained with a gentle smile.

I felt the panic rise in the back of my throat. This body was not under my control. Thorns dug into my skull and my vision felt blurry. Rachel’s kind face now looked terrified, her mouth opening and closing as if she was talking.

This was like before. This was like the dark days.

***

Light burned at the edges of my eyes and a rhythmic beeping sound flooded my ears. Hospital?

My movements felt sludgy as I began to sit up and open my eyes. Xander sat at the seat next to me, his head resting on the edge of my bed as if he was asleep.

“Xander?” I asked slowly, touching his head gently.

He sat up quickly and wrapped me in a deep hug.

“What happened?” I inquired, awkwardly tapping on his back. Would I ever be able to hug him properly?

He sighed, and sat back on his seat. “Mrs. Green had a little mess up with your prescription. Turns out the weight in your file was before you went to Sunnington and you’re a lot smaller now.”

“She overdosed me?”

Xander nervously shrugged, “It was an accident. It happens."

No, it was always on purpose.
♠ ♠ ♠
all these positive comments have started to overwhelm me. i'm worried my writing won't be as good as it was. please tell me if it seems to be slacking now, i don't want to let anyone down