Status: Weekly updates - planning a rewrite for the earlier chapters soon

Wilted

Kaffir Lily

“Mrs. Green rang me.”

Xander had come over during his lunch break and was leant against the kitchen counter.

I scoffed, “What happened to doctor patient confidentiality?”

Xander scoffed back at me, “I think the situation allows it.”

“The situation.” I copied his words in a childish tone. Xander pointed a disapproving look in my direction. Good job, Kat.

“You seem to be improving. Making friends even.” Xander continued with a small smile.

“I don’t know if Rachel and I are exactly friends.” I was getting itchy sat in my chair as Xander talked. I hated these sorts of discussions. The ones where Xander tried to understand what was going through my head. I didn’t even know what was going on in my head.

“Rachel thinks you two are friends.”

“I think Rachel thinks too much of me.”

“I think you think too little of you.”

I laughed, “Touché.”

I saw Xander’s smile sadden. He turned to rummage through my fridge and pulled out a can of coke from a multipack he’d bought and I never opened. “I’ve got to go back. You got any quick food?”

“Apples in the bottom fridge draw and crisps in the cupboard to the left.” I instructed, pointing at the cupboard.

Xander took a bite from the apple and went to the door. “See you later. Try and be nice.”

I smiled as he left. He had a distinct knack of always having the last word.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated for a month. That's pretty bad. I wish Mibba told me when I got recommendations or subscribers.

Thank you guys for all the love <3