Status: Weekly updates - planning a rewrite for the earlier chapters soon

Wilted

Lavandula

“How have you been doing?” Xander asked, sat upright in his uncomfortable chair. “Made any friends?”

I scoffed at his questions and was met with a disapproving stare.

“Fine,” I rolled my eyes, “I’ll be serious. No, Xander I have not made any friends. I’m in a loony bin, they’re all crazy.”

Xander ignored the rudeness in my tone. “What about you? You still calling yourself a loony?”

“I never called myself crazy. I think everyone else is.”

“Sane people don’t set things on fire.”

“Yeah they do. Campfires, candles, hobs…”

“Sane people don’t set buildings on fire.” Xander cut me off with a snap.

He groaned at his own tone and ran his hands through his curls. They were starting to grow unruly.

“I’m sorry.” He quickly apologised. “I didn’t mean that.”

“It’s true.” I shrugged. He never meant harm in what he said. He was always trying to help even when I battered him away.

There was silence for a moment, both of us worried of what to say. “You going back to our roots?” I asked with a smile, and pointing at his unruly afro.

“Just haven’t had time for a haircut.” Xander replied solemnly.

I frowned, “How are you feeling, Xander?”

He shrugged, his hand going back to his hair. “I’m just a bit stressed I guess. You’re in here, work is hell, mum is being her usual self. It’s all a bit.” He paused and smiled softly, “Guess I understand a bit why you’re in here now.”

I shook my head, “Not quite. But it’d be best to keep it that way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy crap. I updated.