Status: Weekly updates - planning a rewrite for the earlier chapters soon

Wilted

Ficus Bonsai

The end of the week had drawn round and I was back in Mrs. Green’s office again. She sat at her desk, the bored nature of her light eyes still there.

“How have you felt this week?” Mrs. Green asked, she drummed her fingers lightly on the desk.

I shrugged, “Better. I didn’t get accidently overdosed this time.”

I made air quotation marks around my last sentence, earning an unhappy sigh from Mrs. Green, a sound I had grown well accustomed to. Maybe you should stop making people unhappy then?

“Kat, we didn’t expect such a dramatic weight change from the measurements we had on record. It is an easily made mistake.” She replied.

Whatever. I didn’t voice my displeasure but I was pretty sure Mrs. Green was aware of it. Despite my distasteful behaviour towards her, she was plenty capable at doing her job and was able to read me well.

Flicking through her notes she began to speak again after a long silence. “There’s some other inconsistencies in your files by the way, Kat.”

“Like?” I asked. Fuck.

“Your files have conflicting reasons for your admission to Sunnington.”

“There were conflicting stories.” I shrugged nonchalantly. “Are we done yet?”

“It says you were sent due to a court sentencing, according to Sunnington that is. But there is one from the local hospital and your brother saying it was due to rapid weight loss.” Mrs. Green brow creased. “I’m unsure how we could have two different stories, especially from your brother.”

“I mean I guess it was both.” I responded slowly, a bit unsure of my words.

“Care to explain?”

“The court case meant I was due to go to Sunnington instead of jail. I was sent for a year on an insanity plead for a minor crime. It just happened I ended up getting sick in the week before I left for Sunnington, got taken to hospital, and went straight to Sunnington from there.”

“So, you were just sent quicker because they thought you were anorexic?”

“I guess.” I paused and bit my lip. “I think Xander just wanted to protect me a bit more.”

Mrs. Green seemed to perk up at that, glancing up at me from where she’d been looking down at the notebook where she’d been writing what I’d said. “Why did he want to protect you?”

“You don’t know why I was meant to be sent to jail, do you?”

“It’s police records and it’s up to you to disclose information like that. You were released from Sunnington and I was told you were a safe patient regardless.”

“I hurt some people.” I stuttered out as Mrs. Green stared at me, her eyes twinging on interested. “I never meant to, it all got out of hand. But people got hurt and I was sent away.”

Mrs. Green looked as if she was going to ask more, her mouth opening and closing as she sorted quickly through what question to ask first. I shook my head before she got the chance to ask and pointed at the clock that had reached two o’clock.

“My session is over and I don’t want to talk anymore.”

I stood and left, shutting the door harder than I probably had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably the longest chapter I've done for this story. I think it was needed though.