Status: Weekly updates - planning a rewrite for the earlier chapters soon

Wilted

Weeping Figs

The sharp ringing of my phone woke me. It was darker outside, the sun disappearing over the surrounding buildings; probably about four o’clock.

I squinted at the bright light radiating off my screen, “Xander” it read. My brother.

I answered and switched it to loud speaker.

“Hi Xan-“

“Kat, where the hell were you?” My brother cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

I wrinkled my face and ran my fingers through my curls. “Bed? I guess?”

“You guess?” He snapped. Oh, I had upset him. “You missed your appointment!”

“I had an appointment?” I replied.

Xander sighed angrily. “You need to pay attention to life outside your bubble. Katherine, you’ve missed three appointments now. If you miss another they’ll take away your benefits and you’ll be moving back in with mum.”

Okay, I was listening. “I’m sorry, Xander, I really am. Get me another appointment. I’ll go. I promise.”

“You never keep promises. I’ve booked you an appointment for tomorrow and I’m picking you up so you can’t miss it. But next time, you need to start being a functional human.”

“I’ll do better. See you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow.”

The phone call ended with a harsh click. Seems I’m back to fucking things up again.

With a soft groan, I shoved my phone under my pillow, rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
i should be doing coursework. university is hard.