Status: Short story

Every Other Weekend

Five

Matt stood, sweating slightly when he saw her blonde mop of hair walk into the house they once shared before....before he fucked it all up.

"H-hey" he stammered, his glazing over to her bare ring finger and felt his stomach churn in sadness for the loss of the diamond ring.

"I..uh.. I just came to give this." she said, her own eyes filled with tears.

Matt felt his entire world collapse at the sight of her wedding and engagement ring, and the stack papers in her hands.

"Wh-what?" he whispered. "No...please. Please don't...don't do this. Please"

"Matt" she whispered, her tears falling freely and all Matt wanted to do was to take her in his arms and let everything get better.

He knew it wasn't that easy...it is not that easy.

"Please baby!" he cried softly, "I love you so much. Please don't make me lose you. Please."

A sob erupted in her mouth making Matt flinch. He absolutely hates it when she cries.

"When we got together, I told you...I told you cheating is something I can't forgive. I can't. I'm sorry. Just knowing you had...you had a form of intimacy, something only the two of us shared...with a woman you don't know...it breaks my heart. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry!" he wailed making her cry.

"I want a divorce"
♠ ♠ ♠
So sad!