Status: Short story

Every Other Weekend

Nine

Matt smiled all the way into the studio, ignoring the chuckles from everyone except Brian. Not even Brian's murderous glare could wipe off the smile he had on his dimpled face.

"What Gates?" he asked as Brian cornered him.

"You're fucking insane if you think I will allow you to fuck her up again."

"I'm not planning on fucking anything up."

Brian had a sneer on his face Matt didn't appreciate. He knew where Brian was coming from. He knows that if it was Amy who would come crying because a boy hurt her, he would want to shoot the bastard but Brian knows him. He knows Matt regrets hurting her, and he knows he would do anything to make it up to her again.

"You did before, after promising me you wouldn't."

Matt sighed. "I know."

"I trusted you with the best thing in my life Matt, and you betrayed that trust."

"Bri.." Matt started, "I promise you with everything in me that I will not fuck up again. I know I hurt her, I know I broke her. But I'm not as stupid as I was before. Losing her...losing her made me realize that I couldn't live without her. I know if I fuck up again, she will fill for divorce without even thinking twice and she will take Jason with her. I promise you I won't hurt her again. I love her with everything in me."

Brian pondered over his words.

"I'm giving you one chance. Fuck up again, and I promise I will fucking kill you."

Matt knew his best friend didn't mean it literally, but he still promised.