Gerard's Little Side

Surrounded by love.

Gerard, Eric, and Danny were all getting ready to go to Dani's house. Gerard started to whine when it got time to putting his shoes on.
"Do we have to go?" He asked Danny as he flung himself down onto the sofa.
"Yes. Now come on. Put your shoes on."
"Don't wanna." Gerard complained.
Danny realized he was dealing with little Gerard.
"Come on, buddy. I'll help you with your shoes." Danny knelt down and picked up one of Gerard's shoes.
Gerard sat up. "Don't wanna go." He crossed his arms and pouted.
"Come on. Benji is gonna be there."
"I don't wanna be big." Gerard sniffled. Silent tears began making their way down his face.
Danny stopped fussing with Gerard's shoes and got up to sit beside his little brother.
"Its okay. Everything is gonna be okay." Danny wrapped his arms around his brother and hugged him tightly.
"Can we stay home?"
"No. We promised mama that we would be there. We gotta pick up Randall on the way." Danny looked down at his watch. "He's probably already waiting for us."
Gerard whined again.
"Can you be a good boy and help daddy get your shoes on?"
"You're not daddy." Gerard said then lifted his foot onto the sofa to the his own shoe. "Daddy wouldn't make me do something I don't wanna do." He mumbled.
He failed several times at tying his shoe and got even more irritated. He was too little to do it correctly, but he was big enough that he was just irritating himself.
"Let me help you. We can get out of here quicker if you let me do it for you."
Gerard sighed and put his foot back down.
"Good. Thank you." Danny tied the shoes quickly and pulled Gerard to his feet.
Gerard didn't say anything as they got into the car.
When they got to Randall's house, he watched Randall walk out of his house and into the vehicle.
"Hey, guys." Randall said with a big smile.
"Hey, man." Eric said.
Danny said a short, "Hey."
Gerard just went back to looking out the window.
"Everything okay?" Randall asked.
Danny continued driving while Eric said, "We've had a long morning."
"A very long morning." Danny agreed.
"Well I said I didn't want to go. You could have just left me at home." Gerard sounded angry. "Then the morning wouldn't have been so long."
"You know that would've been worse." Randall said, trying to ease some of the tension in the car. "You would've been all alone."
"I want to be alone." Gerard mumbled.
Randall looked out the window. He seemed a little hurt by Gerard's comment.
"I'm sorry." Gerard looked at Randall. "I don't really want to be alone. I'm just upset."
"It's okay." Randall gently set his hand on top of Gerard's.
The closer and closer they got to Dani's house, Gerard seemed more and more anxious.
"Its okay, buddy. If you be good we can go get ice cream on the way back home and you can be as little as you want."
Gerard thought that over. "Promise?"
"Yeah, bud. I promise." Danny smiled.
"Okay." Gerard got out of the car and waited for everybody.
They all walked to the house together.
Gerard found his mom and Jim in the living room. Sarah was sitting on the carpet with Lynn and Benji. Elisa was sitting on the sofa next to Dani.
"Hey." Gerard said as he came closer to everyone.
He leaned over and hugged his mom and Elisa. He waved to Jim, who was sitting with his daughters. He then went and sat down next to Sarah and the little ones.
Gerard felt a ping of jealousy, remembering that he couldn't be little. He scooted closer to Lynn.
"Jar!" She said with a lot of enthusiasm. It seemed as if she just noticed he had gotten there.
She crawled onto his lap and stuck a thumb into her mouth.
"Hey." He kissed her head. He looked to his other sister and said, "How are you doing, Sare bear?"
"I'm good." She gave Gerard a smile. "How are you?"
"I'm okay." He smiled back.
"Haven't seen you in a while." She said.
"Yeah. I needed some time." He took a deep breath. "I think I'm okay now."
She gave him another smile and went back to playing with Benji.
Gerard went into the kitchen and there was a man in there. He assumed it was Jim's friend, Tommy.
Jim entered the room just seconds after Gerard.
Jim walked over and tussled Gerard's hair.
"Hey, Tommy. Have you met Gerard yet?"
Tommy turned fully with a smile.
"Haven't had the oppurtunity. There's so much going on." He smiled. He had a really deep voice. It wasn't as gruff as Jim's though. One of the first things about his appearance that Gerard noticed was his height. He was definitely taller than Jim, but not as tall as Eric. Jim is 5'11 and Eric is 6'4.
"So Gerard. How old are you?" Gerard was used to getting asked that. He knew he was small for his age.
Gerard almost said two, but realized he wasn't two right now. He wasn't allowed to be right now. "Uh. I'm twenty."
"Jeez twenty?" Tommy asked. "Twenty was so long ago." He laughed. "Me and your dad are getting old."
Gerard just smiled to Tommy then looked over to Jim.
Danny walked in and said, "Hey."
"Hey, Dan. This is Tommy." Jim gestured towards him.
"Hey." Tommy came forward and shook Danny's hand.
"I'm gonna go find Eric." Gerard's said as he walked towards the door.
"Alright. See you in a bit." Jim smiled.

-

It was nearing lunch time and Gerard was getting tired. He walked over to Danny and said, "Can I talk to you?"
"Yeah, bud." They went to the backyard so no one would overhear them.
"I wanna go home." Gerard said the second the door shut.
"We haven't even eaten lunch yet, buddy."
"I know. I'm tired though." Gerard was trying his best to stay big.
"Alright. Well you can take a nap here."
"What if I have an accident?"
"I brought some protection for you." Danny said. "I thought you might get tired. I planned ahead. Don't look so surprised."
"Where am I gonna sleep though?"
"You can sleep in my old room. I'll make sure no one bothers you."
"I wanna sleep in my bed though." Gerard whined a little bit.
The back door opened and Eric walked out.
"Everything okay?" Eric asked.
"I wanna go home." Gerard said to him.
"Well you're gonna have to wait a bit. Mama wants us to stay for lunch." Danny sighed.
"I'm not hungry." Gerard whined. "I'm tired and I wanna sleep in my own bed."
"I understand that, kiddo, but you're just gonna have to sleep here."
Danny opened the door and said, "Come on."
Both Gerard and Eric followed him inside.
Danny grabbed his bag and went upstairs. Gerard and Eric continued to follow him.
They all went into Danny's room and shut the door.
Gerard crawled onto Danny's old bed and said, "Daddy. I wanna go to sleep."
Danny and Eric gave each other a look and laughed lightly.
Danny helped his little brother pull his pants and underwear off. Gerard yawned and rubbed his eyes.
Danny got him into a diaper and didn't worry about pants.
Gerard was half asleep when Danny was done diapering him.
"Daddy. Papa. Can you stay with me?"
"Yeah. Of course, bud." Danny smiled as he lifted the blanket to cover his little.
Eric walked around the bed and laid beside his little boy.
Gerard turned and laid halfway on Eric.
Danny sat down and rubbed Gerard's back.
"Where's Randy?" Gerard asked.
"Probably downstairs. Would you like him to come up here?" Eric said. "I can text him."
Gerard shook his head yes.
"I'm gonna go back and join the party." Danny said. "Will you guys be okay without me?"
"Yeah. We'll be fine." Eric said.
"Yeah." Gerard yawned. "Be okay." He agreed.
"Alright. I love you guys." Danny kissed Gerard's head and kissed Eric's lips.
"Love you." Gerard said as he chewed on his fingers.
"Can you get his paci really quick?"
Danny grabbed the item from the diaper bag and handed it to Eric.
"Thanks. Love you." Eric smiled. He placed the pacifier between Gerard's lips.
"I'll see you guys soon." Danny said as he left the room.
As Danny was walking out, Randall walked in.
"Hey." He said quietly as he sat in the bed.
"Hi." Gerard said. He turned to look at his boyfriend. It was still weird to Gerard that Randall was okay with all of this.
Randall laid down and said, "Get some sleep, baby." He stroked Gerard's cheek.
Gerard closed his eyes and reveled in the calmness of Randall's touch. "Love you." He crawled closer to his boyfriend and laid his head on Randall's chest.
"I love you too." Randall ran his fingers through Gerard's hair as he spoke.

-

Gerard woke up when someone was knocking on Danny's door.
Gerard his his face in Randall's chest.
"Come in." Randall said.
Danny walked in with a smile.
"Is my little guy awake?"
"Yeah." Randall smiled.
Gerard looked up and smiled at Danny.
He sat up and held his arms out.
Danny picked him up and held him close. Gerard had his arms wrapped around Danny's neck and his head on Danny's shoulder.
Randall got out of the bed and said something about going downstairs. The door opened and shut quickly.
"Daddy. I'm hungry." Gerard yawned.
"Okay, bud." Danny smiled. "Let's get you changed really quick then we can join everyone."
"I don't wanna be big." Gerard whined.
"You don't have to be big if you don't want." Danny said. "Uh. I need to tell you something and I don't want you to get mad. Okay?" Danny said as he set Gerard back onto the bed.
Gerard looked nervous. "Okay." He felt a weird tightness in his chest as he spoke.
"I told everyone that didn't know about what's going on. I needed them all to understand so that you can be more comfortable."
Gerard had a look of panic. "I wanna go home." He was breathing heavy.
"We're not going home, Gerard. We're gonna stay here and eat with our family."
"They're gonna make fun of me and they're gonna be mad and Sarah won't like me anymore and they'll all think I'm a freak for having to wear diapers and and-"
"Lucas!" Danny half shouted, using his brother's real name.
Gerard jumped at the tone of Danny's voice. "Daddy." Gerard's bottom lip wobbled and he started crying. Gerard hated when people called him by his first name. It was terrible to him.
Eric walked into the room and said, "Hey guys. What's going on?"
Eric came over and sat down beside Gerard.
"Papa!" Gerard sobbed as he threw himself at Eric.
"It's okay, bub." Gerard hugged Eric tight and cried into the crook of his neck.
"Shh. It's all gonna be okay, sweetie."
"No 's not." He whined. "Daddy is mean." Gerard was crying so hard he started coughing.
"Didn't want ev'yone to know and now dey do and I- I can't go downs'airs cause I'm scared and and." Gerard stopped himself and took several deep breaths.
Danny was texting someone and Eric gave him a look.
Danny held up a finger as to say, one minute.
Seconds later, Jim was walking into the room.
"Hey. What's-" Jim stopped when he saw Gerard crying in Eric's arms. "Hey, buddy."
Jim sat on the bed and rubbed Gerard's back.
"Wanna tell baba what's going on?" Eric asked.
Gerard shook his head no.
"Can I tell baba what's going on?" Eric spoke again.
"No." Gerard whined. "I wanna go home." Gerard cried more.
"Let's go eat lunch." Jim suggested. "I'll beat up whoever tries to mess with you."
Gerard looked up at that.
"No you won't." He pouted. "Wha' 'bout Tommy? He's your friend, baba."
"It doesn't matter. I pinky promise I will." Jim held out his pinky. "Come on. I'll even carry you downstairs. You just gotta let someone change you."
Gerard looked at his daddy and back to Jim's pinky.
"Okay." He said quietly. Gerard wiped his eyes then held his arms up to Danny.
Danny made quick work of changing Gerard into a new diaper and putting his clothes back on. Gerard looked to Jim and said, "Okay." He raised his arms expectantly.
Jim scooped him up with a smile.
"Alright. Let's go eat."
Jim left the room and walked down the stairs, holding Gerard close to himself.
Danny and Eric were slowly trailing behind.
They went into the kitchen and Jim got a sippy cup and set it on the counter.
Danny got the juice out and poured it into the sippy cup.
Eric took the juice and put it back into the fridge as Danny screwed the lid onto the sippy cup.
Danny handed the juice to Gerard and said, "Everything is going to be fine." He kissed his brother's cheek. "I love you. Okay?"
"Love you too." Gerard smiled lightly.
"The table is set up outside and you're gonna sit next to me and your daddy. Okay?" Jim said to Gerard. Gerard felt nervous.
"Okay." He said quietly. He clutched his sippy cup and hid his face in Jim's neck.
"Nice of you to finally join us." Dani said with a big smile when the group walked outside.
Gerard stayed quiet as Jim sat down. Jim was attempting to pry Gerard off of himself.
"No." Gerard whined.
Jim got him seated, but Gerard still hid his face in Jim's shoulder.
"You hungry?" Danny asked Gerard.
Gerard shook his head yes.
He peeked out and saw what was sitting on the table.
Brandon was sitting across from him and scooping mashed potatoes onto his own plate.
Gerard noticed the nice tie that Brandon was wearing. It was light green, almost the same color as his eyes. His shirt was black and Gerard was sure he had dress pants on.
Gerard leaned up and whispered in Jim's ear, "Ask Bran why he looks fancy."
Jim smiled and said, "Hey, Brandon."
Brandon looked at him with a smile. "Yeah?"
"Gerard wants to know why you're dressed so fancy."
"Oh well. There is a reason for that." Brandon smiled.
"It's a surprise though." He whispered to Gerard.
Gerard smiled.
Danny tapped on Gerard's shoulder.
"Here. Eat some food, buddy." He lifted Gerard's fork and Gerard blushed. He ate the mashed potatoes without complaint, not wanting to make a scene.
Gerard leaned close to Danny the rest of the meal. He mostly ate mashed potatoes, but Danny got him to eat two bites of a hamburger.
Gerard sat there as Danny finished his food.
When Danny was done he still wanted to sit and chat.
Gerard didn't want to sit and chat. He pulled on Jim's shirt.
Jim turned and looked at him. "What's up?"
"Need more juice." Gerard held up his sippy cup.
Jim stood up and grabbed the cup. He looked like he was just gonna go in by himself. Gerard quickly snapped his hand up to Jim's wrist to stop him.
Jim stopped and looked at him questioningly. Gerard tried to make it the least amount obvious that he wanted to go with Jim.
Jim just smiled in understanding and lifted Gerard up.
"We will be right back." Jim said to the group.
Gerard hid his face in Jim's neck. He began sucking his thumb and feeling the texture of Jim's shirt as a soother.
Jim unscrewed the lid of the cup and got the juice out. He poured it into the sippy cup and put it back. He then screwed the lid of the sippy cup back on with one hand.
Jim tried to give Gerard his cup back, but noticed the boy was now half asleep in his arms.
Jim just smiled at him.
"You didn't really need more juice, did you?"
"Tya." Gerard mumbled.
"You wanna go sit in the living room?"
Gerard shook his head yes.
Jim went into the living room and sat down with Gerard on his lap.
Jim leaned back and rubbed Gerard's back.
Gerard's thumb was being sucked at a slower pace now and he looked almost all the way asleep.
Eric and Mandy ran into the room. Mandy was chasing Eric. Danny ran in after them, helping Mandy chase Eric.
Gerard startled awake and watched them chase each other.
He made a small whine and readjusted himself in Jim's arms.
Gerard was rapidly sucking his thumb again, trying to calm himself back down.
Ellie ran into the room and climbed onto the sofa next to Jim.
He wrapped an arm around her and she just cuddled into his side.
Gerard got himself calm again and was now starting to doze off.
Everyone else started to make their way back inside.
"Can I have everybody's attention?" Brandon said when he walked in. He looked nervous. Gerard sat up just the slightest bit and looked to Brandon.
Brandon gave an awkward smile towards Gerard as he kneeled in front of Zoe.
"Zoe." He had a slight blush when he looked up at her. "I know we've only been together for a little over a year, but I know I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." He held her hands as he poured his heart out. "You've been such a great role model to Benji. You've loved him like he was your own since you met him. I want you to be my wife and be a mom to my little boy." Zoe was tearing up.
Brandon let go of her hand and pulled a black box out of his pocket. He opened it and held it up to her.
"Zoe Lauren Paulson." They both were smiling wide at each other. "Will you marry me?"
She had tears running down her face, but she was smiling and shaking her head yes.
He got up and kissed her.
He helped get the ring onto her finger then kissed her again.
"I love you so much." He smiled.
Benji ran over and hugged their legs.
Everyone started cheering and saying congratulations to the two.
Zoe lifted up Benji and kissed him on the cheek.
"Does that mean we're all invited to the wedding?" Danny laughed as he clapped Brandon on the shoulder.
"Of course! Of course!" Brandon smiled.
Dani came over and hugged Brandon.
She was happy.
Brandon went over and sat next to Jim and Gerard.
"Hey." Brandon smiled.
Gerard smiled back. "Hi."
Brandon looked over and saw Danny. "Hey, Dan. Come here."
Gerard made himself comfy on Jim's chest as he looked up at his brothers.
Danny came over and said, "Yeah? What's up?"
"I know it's kind of early, but I was wondering if you guys wanted to be my groomsmen."
"Oh hell yeah!" Danny said with excitement.
"What about you?" Brandon asked Gerard.
"I'd like that." Gerard smiled.
"Yeah?" Brandon looked so happy.
"Yeah." Gerard smiled.
Tommy came over and sat on Jim's other side.
"Wasn't expecting all this excitement today." Tommy laughed lightly.
"Too much for ya?" Jim smiled.
"Nah. You have a great family."
Gerard looked up at Jim.
Jim just continued rubbing the boys back.
"So. I thought you said you were twenty." Tommy said with a smile.
Gerard buried his face in Jim's chest.
"He is twenty, but sometimes he's two." Jim spoke for him.
Tommy continued smiling. "Two or twenty. You got lucky with a sweet kid like this."
"Yeah. I really did." Jim looked at Gerard, who was looking up at him with big eyes, blinking sleepily.
"Go to sleep, buddy."
Gerard kept watching Jim's movements and listened to him speak to Tommy about something from work.
Gerard eventually fell asleep. He felt safe. He was surrounded by so much love and it felt nice to just relax for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mandy and Ellie are Jim's kids from a previous marriage.