Gerard's Little Side

Fear & Family

Jim was starting to get annoyed. This was the fifth time this week that he was called last minute to go watch Gerard.
Yeah. He loved the kid, but watching him every day was getting a little ridiculous.
Jim drove to the house and walked up the steps.
Before he even had the chance to knock, the door swung open and Gerard was standing there looking terrified.
"I'm sorry. I. I shouldn't have texted you, but da- Danny and Eric are fighting and I didn't know who else to ask." Gerard looked like a frightened child.
Jim walked in the house and lifted the boy up. He had clearly wet himself and clung to Jim as soon as he picked him up.
Jim shut the door behind himself and followed the shouting.
There was a loud crash so Jim quickly found where the noise was coming from.
"Hey!" He shouted when he walked in the room.
Eric turned to look, but Danny angrily punched Eric when he wasn't suspecting it.
Eric fell onto the ground and held his face.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Danny sounded angrier with every word.
Gerard hid his face in Jim's neck.
"Why are you fighting?" Jim tried to stay calm.
Gerard was shaking in his arms.
"Get the hell out!" Danny screamed.
Jim gave off an air of annoyance as he walked around the apartment.
He went into Gerard's given room and set the boy on the bed.
"What are you doing?" Gerard asked him.
"I'm packing a bag for you. You're not staying here while they're like this." Jim said. He grabbed a diaper and the wipes and said, "Lay down, pal."
Gerard did as he was told . Jim quickly changed him and helped him sit back up when he was done.
Jim packed some clothes into a bag and a bunch of diapers.
He lifted the boy up and made his way back to the front door.
"Where are we gonna go?" Gerard asked as he was being placed in the back seat.
"Anywhere those two aren't." Jim huffed.
"I'm scared." Gerard looked over at the apartment.
"Nothing to be scared about, kiddo." Jim quickly walked over to the other side of the car and got in.
"Do you think mama will think I'm weird for this?"
"Of course not, bud." Jim said as he started the vehicle. "Do you wanna go back to our house?"
"Yes, but I don't want mama to think I'm weird."
Jim started to drive and made his way to his own home.
"Your mom would never think you're weird, buddy."
"I am weird though." Gerard said quietly.
"Well we're all a little weird, kid."
Gerard looked out the window as Jim was driving away.
"Baba. I'm hungry." Gerard said right as his stomach growled.
"Okay. We'll get you something when we get to the house."
Gerard didn't say another word.
Jim stopped the car in the driveway of his house.
He got out and went to Gerard's side.
"Is Sarah here?"
"No. She's at your aunt's house."
Jim lifted the boy up and grabbed the bag he packed.
Gerard hid his face in Jim's neck.
When they walked into the house they were greeted by Lynn and Dani. Lynn was now a year and a half old. She was saying quite a few things, but couldn't really form sentences yet. Dani looked at the pair in confusion.
"Why are you holding Gerard like hes a child?" She asked.
"He is a child."
Dani just looked more confused.
Gerard peeked his face out to look at her.
Dani took in Gerard's features in and saw how little he looked.
"Are you feeling alright, sweetie?"
Gerard frowned then shook his head no.
Jim rubbed the boy's back.
"Why don't you go lay down? I'll bring you some soup."
Jim leaned down and scooped Lynn up.
"Dada." Lynn giggled. She laid her head down on his chest and looked over to her older brother.
"I'm tired." Gerard said quietly.
"Alright." Jim leaned towards Dani and kissed her cheek.
"I'll be in there in a few." She said and patted Gerard's back.
Jim went to the living room with the two children and sat down on the sofa. He adjusted both kids so they were comfortable and grabbed the remote. He turned the tv on and switched it to DisneyJr.
Gerard was already falling asleep as he curled up next to Jim's side.
Lynn just stared intently at the screen.

-

Dani came into the room just as an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was starting up.
"Oh. I made a lot of food." Dani smiled as she set the tray down on the coffee table. Both Gerard and Lynn were asleep in Jim's arms.
"Wanna tell me what all this is about?" Dani asked as she leaned on the coffee table. "I could see that padded bottom from a mile away, Jim." She pointed to her youngest son.
"I don't know if it's really in my place to answer all the questions you might have." Jim said with pure honesty in his voice. "I can tell you what I know though."
"Okay."

-

Jim told Dani everything he knew about Gerard being little.
He didn't know everything, but it was pretty spot on with everything he did know.
"Is this my fault?" Dani seemed disappointed in herself.
"No. It's nothing you did. It could just be that losing his father was too much and not having very much attention from his father even before."
"Is he happy when he does this?"
"Yeah. I think so. I think he enjoys Danny being around more, but he's the one that texted me from Danny's phone and I just- I don't know anymore, Dani. This kid is too stressed and sad to be around people like Dan and Eric." Jim ran a hand over his face.
Gerard stirred next to him and rubbed his eyes.
"Baba?" Gerard mumbled.
"Hey, kiddo." Jim ran a hand through the kids hair.
"Did you tell mama?" Gerard asked quietly.
"Yeah. I told her everything." Gerard blushed and hid his face in Jim's side.
"Yeah. I know everything, bud." Dani moved and sat beside Gerard. "Why don't you go ahead and get some food in your tummy." She suggested.
Gerard mumbled an okay and slid off the sofa. He sat on his knees in front of the soup.
He didn't know why he felt so odd. He lifted the spoon to his mouth and ended up spilling half of it onto his shirt.
He immediately gave up and said, "Not hungry." He gently set the spoon back and sat fully criss crossed onto the floor.
"I know you gotta be hungry. You haven't eaten anything all day." Jim pointed out.
"I'm not hungry." Gerard was a little more stubborn this time.
"Why are you being a naughty boy, Jerry?" His mother asked.
"I'm not naughty, mama." He pouted.
"Why don't we go to the table?" Jim suggested.
"Good idea." Dani said as she got up. She picked up Lynn and walked into the kitchen.

-

Jim held Gerard on his lap as Dani held Lynn on hers and they fed their children.
When they were halfway through their meal, the front door opened and slammed shut.
Gerard winced at the sound.
Jim put a protective arm around the boy.
Danny came storming into the room.
"Why the hell did you take him?" Danny shouted at Jim.
"Daniel. Please lower your voice." Dani said to her middle son.
Danny scowled at her.
Danny walked forward and attempted to grab Gerard.
Gerard clutched tightly onto Jim.
Gerard was hiding from Danny in the crook of Jim's neck.
"Come on, kid." Danny said.
Gerard peaked out at Danny.
"Don't wanna." Gerard pouted.
"I didn't ask your opinion."
Gerard didn't let go of Jim.
"Get out." Dani said as she stood up.
Gerard trembled when he looked at his mother, thinking she was talking to him.
Her eyes were on Danny though.
Jim just rubbed Gerard's back and held him a little closer.
Gerard tried not to look at Danny. He couldn't, not right now.
"Fine! But don't think that you're coming back!" Danny shouted as he left.
Gerard started to cry.
"He didn't mean that. Just ignore him." Jim said quietly to the boy.
"What if he did mean that though?" Gerard's eyes were continuously spilling tears.
"He didn't." Jim stood up and held the boy. Gerard clung to him, not wanting to lose another person.

-

Gerard stayed the night at his parents house that night, trying to forget what Danny said.
He laid on the recliner in Lynn's room, his old room.
He didn't want to be a bother and ask to sleep in an actual bed and sleeping on the sofa wasn't a choice. Gerard tossed and turned throughout the night. He needed a changing, but he didn't want to wake anyone. He needed to be big. He needed to not be like this.
Gerard got up and left the room. He went into the bathroom and took his pants off. He removed the diaper he had on and wiped himself off. He rolled the diaper up and trashed it.
He put the soft pants back on and went downstairs to find his shoes. He knew how to run. He had done it so many times.
Gerard found his shoes and quickly put them on. He went over to the front door and grabbed his jacket off the coat rack. He went outside and took one final look back at the house. He retreated to his own apartment. The walk was long, but it allowed him to clear his head. The streets were quiet at this time and Gerard just wanted to get home quicker.
He got all the way to his apartment then remembered he didn't have his keys. They were at Danny's apartment.
Gerard looked at the apartment and noticed a light was on. He must of left it like that when he left.
Gerard didn't know where to go. He opened the gate to the backyard and went to the swing set.
He laid down on it and looked up at the sky.

-

Gerard woke up the next morning with a really bad headache.
Gerard whined a little bit when he noticed he was wet.
He shouldn't have come home.
He walked up to the back door and was surprised to see it was open.
He walked into his apartment and up the stairs.
Someone had come into his house. The bedroom items were thrown all over the place and the house was a mess to say the least.
Gerard wanted to be upset, but he couldn't handle that right now. He grabbed some new clothes and a towel on his way to the bathroom.

-

When Gerard was done in the shower, he cleaned up his room and the rest of the house. He got on his laptop and saw that he had several imessages from everyone.
He replied to his mom and Jim first. They texted him saying how worried they were and that if he needed to come back home he always could.
"I'm safe." He sent to his mom.
"Don't worry about me.." He sent to Jim.
He was sure his phone was at Danny's and if it went off, Danny would read the messages.
Seconds later Gerard was getting a call on FaceTime.
Eric's picture popped up and Gerard was hesitant to answer.
He hit answer and waited for Eric's face to appear.
He was a bit surprised when he saw Danny and not Eric.
"Hey."
Gerard didn't say anything, he was getting ready to end the call.
"Don't hang up. Please." Danny said.
"I don't want to talk to you."
Danny looked upset when he heard this.
"Just listen then." Danny offered.
Gerard looked at him through the screen.
"I'm sorry, Gerard. I really don't know what happened yesterday. Eric got upset and he didn't come back home and left his phone here." Danny took a deep breath. "I knew you wouldn't have answered if I called."
"You scared me." Gerard said quietly.
"I know, kid. And I'm so freaking sorry." Danny rubbed a hand over his face. "Do you think you'll ever forgive me?"
Gerard looked at his brother. "I don't know."
"That's fair." Danny sighed. "Can you call me if you see Eric?"
"Uh. Yeah. Maybe." Gerard said. Gerard didn't know what else to say so he just hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll continue onward soon. Sorry this is so bad.