Gerard's Little Side

I know that you got daddy issues.

Gerard went into work the next day and was sure he looked like a wreck. Everyone was looking at him weird and he just wanted it to stop. Jamie, one of his co-workers, came over to him and said, "You doing okay?"
"I'm fine." Gerard said and went behind the counter to grab an apron and a notepad to take orders.
He went to his usual section of tables and started taking orders.

-

Gerard really wasn't surprised when he saw Danny come into the diner. Danny knew the restaurant well. He purposely sat in Gerard's ordering section.
Gerard walked over and said, "What are you doing here?"
"I came to eat. You know Sue's is my favorite."
"Yeah. I know." Gerard sighed. "What do you want to eat?"
Danny gave him his order and Gerard started to walk away.
"Hey. Jer." Danny stopped him from going further.
Gerard turned back towards him.
"Please come back to my place after you're done here."
"I'll think about it."

-

It was 8 pm and Gerard's shift at Sue's Diner had just ended.
He remembered Danny's offer to come over.
He decided he could walk, it would give him time to clear his head.
When he walked outside though, Danny was leaning on his car.
Gerard walked over and said, "You didn't have to wait for me."
"I wanted to." Danny said. "Come on." He opened the door for Gerard.
Gerard hesitantly got into the car.
When Danny got in and buckled, Gerard looked at him to ask a simple question.
"Have you talked to Eric?" Gerard asked.
"No. I don't know where he is. Well he's probably at his moms, but he won't tell me."
"I can't come over anymore if you're gonna fight like that. O-okay?"
Danny shook his head yes in understanding.
"Have you tried calling Eric?" Danny asked Gerard.
"Uh. No. I didn't think he would answer." Gerard took his phone out and pulled up Eric's mom's contact.
"Hello?" The voice on the other end was a very tired sounding Eric, not Eric's mom.
"Hi." Gerard said quietly.
Eric moved on the other end of the line.
"Hey, Jer. Where are you?" Eric asked.
"I'm with da.. Danny."
"Oh." Eric sounded sad.
"Can you come over?"
"Um. I don't know, Jer."
"Please?"
"I'll think about it." Eric sighed.
"Okay. Bye."
"Bye, Gerard."
Gerard hung up and looked over at Danny. They were just now pulling up to the house.
"I miss him." Gerard said.
"Yeah. Me too, kid."
Danny got out and went to Gerard's side of the car. He opened the door and unbuckled the boy.
He lifted him up and shut the door. He carried him up to the house and unlocked the door.
Danny walked straight to Gerard's room after locking the door.
Gerard just held onto Danny.
"Alright, buddy. Let's get you ready for bed then we can go eat dinner really quick."
"Okay, daddy." Gerard smiled.
Danny helped him undress and get into a diaper.
"Can I take a bath after dinner?" Gerard asked.
"Sure, kiddo." Danny smiled. "Does that mean you don't want any clothes right now?"
"No clothes!" Gerard giggled and got up. "Can we have a s'ghetti for dinner?"
"Sure, buddy."
Danny picked up Gerard and started walking to the living room.
"Alright. Wait here." Danny set him down on the sofa and turned Disney Junior on.
"Can I have some juice? Please?" Gerard looked up at Danny.
"Sure, buddy." Danny got a blanket off the back of the sofa and wrapped it around Gerard.
"Thank you, daddy."
"You're very welcome." Danny smiled as he left the room.

-

Danny finished with dinner and went to the living room to retrieve his little boy.
Gerard had his bottle in his mouth. He wasn't drinking from it, just had it there. He was intently watching the tv.
After a few seconds, Gerard noticed Danny.
"Is dinner done?" Gerard asked with a cute questioning look on his face.
"Yeah. Come eat."
Gerard held his arms up.
Danny just laughed lightly and picked him up.
He carried the boy into the kitchen and dining area.
He set him down and kissed his head.
"Thank you for making s'ghetti, dada." Gerard said.
"You're welcome." Danny smiled.

-

Halfway through their meal the doorbell rang.
"Stay here. Eat your food." Danny said and left the room.
After about five minutes of Danny not back, Gerard got up.
He slowly went to the doorway and peaked his head around the corner. The door was open and Gerard could see that Danny was clearly speaking to someone.
They were whispering and Gerard couldn't hear them, let alone figure out who Danny was speaking to.
Gerard just stayed quiet and watched Danny as he spoke.
Gerard felt bad for trying to spy, but he was getting worried about Danny. He stood there for a little longer then decided he should go back to the table.
When he finished eating he was tired and decided he should just go lay down.
He rinsed his plate off then went to his bedroom.
He laid down, but it was hard to get to sleep when his diaper was wet. He laid there for a long time before he eventually fell asleep.

-

Gerard woke up in the middle of the night and went to Danny's room. The door was locked and that made his tummy hurt.
Gerard knocked, but no one would answer.
Gerard laid on the floor and tried to see if he could see anything under the door. He started crying and stuck his thumb in his mouth to quiet himself.
He fell asleep again.

-

Danny woke up and went to the bathroom. When he was finished he unlocked the door and almost tripped over Gerard.
He bent down and picked the boy up. He was soaking wet and his diaper had leaked. Danny felt awful.
He carried the sleeping boy into his bedroom and laid him on the floor. Gerard didn't wake up the entire time he was being changed.
He whimpered in his sleep when the wipes touched his rashy skin. He had clearly been in his wet diaper too long. Danny quickly put some rash cream on him and taped the new diaper up.
Danny just cleaned him up and laid him in his bed.
He went over to the dresser and grabbed a pacifier off of it. He put it between Gerard's lips and watched as he sleepily sucked on it.
Danny left the room and went to get the mop. He felt bad not knowing how long Gerard had been in his wet diaper.
He mopped up the mess then went into his bathroom to wash his hands. When he was done he went back to his bed and woke up Eric.
"Hey." Danny whispered.
Eric turned his head towards Danny.
"Good morning." Danny leaned down and kissed Eric's head.
"Morning." Eric yawned.
"Gerard was laying outside our door. He was soaking wet. I feel so terrible." Danny said in what seemed like one breath.
"What was he doing out there?"
"You know how he gets. He probably got scared that I wasn't coming back. I left him at the table and the kid washed his own plate off and sent himself to bed. I feel like shut for not even checking on him and I'm sure he tried to come in the room last night." Danny rubbed a hand over his face.
"Don't beat yourself up. I'm sure he's fine." Eric kissed Danny on the lips.
A few minutes later Gerard came to the door. He had a sad look on his face and a pout on his lips.
"Hey, kiddo." Eric said.
Gerard wiped his eyes.
"I didn't get a bath last night and you lock-ded your door." Gerard's lip wobbled.
Gerard looked and sounded very little right now.
He was still only in a diaper.
"Well. Blame it on daddy." Eric said. "Come lay with papa. Daddy was just getting up to make us so breakfast."
Danny looked at Eric. "Hey. Not fair."
Eric just smiled and kissed Danny. He then proceeded to push Danny off of the bed.
Gerard giggled. Danny stood up with a sigh. "You're evil." He said to Eric. Gerard came over and got into the bed next to Eric.
"Can you make pancakes, daddy?" Gerard asked.
"Oh yeah. That sounds delicious." Eric smiled.
"Please, daddy?" Gerard gave Danny his best puppy face.
"Don't plot our son against me while I'm gone." Danny leaned over and kissed Gerard on the head. "I'll be back."

-

Gerard had fallen back to sleep. When he woke up again it was because Eric was moving to sit up.
"Where ya going, papa?" Gerard whined.
"I'll be right back, kiddo."
Gerard didn't want to complain and get into any trouble. The lady time he made a fuss, Danny and Eric stopped talking for a week.
Danny came into the room with an apron on.
"You guys ready to eat?" Danny asked.
"Uhh yeah." Gerard said, shaking off the thought of Danny and Eric being away from him again.
Danny came over and lifted Gerard up.
"How's my little boy doing?" Danny asked.
"Good." Gerard said quietly.
"That's good."
"How are you doing, daddy?"
"I'm doing pretty good, kiddo." Danny smiled them kissed Gerard head.
"Love you." Gerard mumbled.
"I love you too, bud."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title creds to The NBHD