Gerard's Little Side

Back at home.

Gerard was in and out of consciousness for the next two months. He was released two weeks after he was admitted and he didn't want to talk about what happened.
Gerard was laying in the guest bed of Danny and Eric's apartment. He felt broken. He hadn't been little since a week before the accident.
Gerard felt like he was drowning in his thoughts. He didn't feel safe and he wanted someone to hold him and take care of him.
He began crying and just laid there. He didn't know what to do.
Everything felt wrong. He wanted to go to sleep, but he just couldn't and everything hurt and everything was bad.

-

Gerard didn't know how much longer he was laying there. Time was passing and he could see that it was just starting to get dark outside. He had heard the door open and close. That's what pulled him out of his trance.
He didn't want to get up. He couldn't get up. He felt like he was stuck to the bed. He was stuck and he needed someone to pull him out of this deep dark hole he fell into.
"Anyone here?" That was dad-Danny's voice.
Gerard wanted to run to him, he really did. He felt like someone glued him down and he couldn't lift his limbs up.
He just continued staring towards the window.
Gerard heard Danny walking around. Danny's footsteps were getting closer to the guest bedroom.
"Hey. You doing okay?" Danny asked.
Gerard didn't respond. He didn't even turn his head to look at his brother.
Danny walked around to the side of the bed. He crouched down and looked at Gerard. "What's going on, kiddo?"
Gerard felt littler now. He wanted to cry again.
Danny reached over and ran a hand through his younger brother's hair. "Are you feeling alright?"
Gerard couldn't find his words.
"Let's go get changed and get some dinner."
Danny picked up his brother with ease.
Gerard was lifeless in his arms. He didn't even have the strength to wrap his arms or legs around his brother.
Danny just held him for a second.
Danny was grabbing a few things, Gerard just listened to the sounds of drawers opening and closing.
Danny brought him into the master bedroom and laid him onto the bed. Gerard wanted Eric. He wanted both of his dadd-friends here.
Gerard was crying again before he even knew it.
"Hey. It's okay." Danny finished pulling Gerard's pajama pants on then lifted him up again. Gerard still didn't have the strength to hug his brother back.
Danny carried him into the living room and set him down.
"Can you wait for me in here so I can make dinner?"
Gerard said nothing.
Danny gave him a sad smile. "Okay. I'll just be in the other room. Come get me if you need anything."
Before he left he turned the tv on to nickjr. He then leaned down and kissed his brother on the head.
Gerard watched the tv. It was making him feel a little bit better. Blaze and the Monster Machines was on. Gerard liked this one. It was very interactive.
He slowly became engrossed in the show.
He mumbled along at first, but soon was happy enough to say the things needed just a little bit louder.
The next show that was coming on was Rusty Rivets. Gerard wasn't a big fan of this one. He got up and made his way to the kitchen. Danny was standing at the stove, stirring some mac 'n' cheese.
He lifted his attention to Gerard and said, "Hey, buddy. You doing alright?" He lifted an arm and pulled his younger brother into a tight hug.
"Rusty Rivets is on." Gerard mumbled. "Dont like that one."
"Do you want me to come change the channel or do you wanna stay in here with me?"
"Stay in here." Gerard said.
"Alright. Dinner is almost done if you want to go sit down."
"Okay." Gerard walked over to the table and sat at his favorite chair.
"When is pa-Eric gonna be home?"
Danny looked over, noticing Gerard's correction to his own words. "He should be here in about five minutes."
Gerard looked down at the table.
Danny began bringing food over to the table.
Eric walked in right when he was bringing the last dish over.
"Hey guys." Eric said with a big smile.
Danny greeted him with a kiss. Gerard just stayed quiet.
"What's up, kiddo?"
Gerard shrugged.
Eric left quickly, saying he needed to change.
"Alright. Let's eat." Danny said.
Gerard picked up the spoon that was sitting in the mac and cheese and served himself. He picked up his own fork and grabbed a piece of chicken with it.
Eric came back and noticed how uncomfortable Gerard looked.
Everything was quiet after everyone served their food and Gerard could now hear Rusty Rivets in the other room.
He started to squirm. He was uncomfortable. He didn't feel very hungry now.
"What's wrong, Gerard?"
Gerard shook his head no.
"I can't help if you don't say anything."
Gerard covered his ears. He was wishing that the floor would swallow him so he didnt have to speak.
Gerard started crying for what had to be the 10th time that day.
Danny stood up and came to Gerard's side of the table. He lifted him up and Gerard quickly wrapped his arms around him.
Gerard was now full on sobbing into his brother's neck.
"Shh. You're okay, baby." Danny paced around the kitchen, holding his brother. It took about three minutes of just walking back and forth for Gerard to calm down.
"What do you need me to do, sweetheart?"
Gerard just whined.
"Hey, Eric. Can you go turn the tv off?"
Eric got up and patted Gerard's back as he walked by.
The tv shut off in the other room.
Gerard sniffled and shifted to stick his thumb in his mouth.
Danny sat back down in his chair, still holding Gerard. He sat him sideways so he could try and get him to eat.
Eric came back and sat in his chair.
Gerard didn't move from his spot.
"Can you hand me his plate?" Danny asked Eric.
Eric lifted the plate up and set it in front of Danny.
"Let's get some food in your tummy."
"No' hung'y." Gerard's voice was muffled over his thumb.
"Can you eat two bites of chicken and two bites of mac and cheese?" Danny tried to persuade him.
Gerard took his thumb out of his mouth. "Do I have to?"
"Yes." Danny said with some authority. "And when you're done we can go have some cuddles."
"Promise?"
"Yes. I promise."

-

Danny turned the tv back on when they went into the living room again. "Before we sit down." Danny said to Gerard. "Do you need a change?"
Gerard hid his face in his brother's neck.
"Alright." Danny walked to Gerard's room and got out the needed supplies. He laid Gerard onto the floor and pulled his pajama pants off.
"Don't need a change." Gerard whined and rolled over.
"Come on, baby. You don't want to get a rash, do you?"
"Don't need a change." Gerard curled up into a ball.
"Would you like papa to change you?"
"Don't need a change."
"Come on, Gerard. I'll be really quick then we can get back to watching some tv and cuddling."
"No!" Gerard whined.
Danny took a deep breath.
"Gerard. I need you to calm down." Danny stayed as calm as he could. "Would you like me to call Jim or mom?"
Gerard began crying.
"Don't want nobody touching me."
"Okay." Danny sat down next to Gerard.
"I want mama." Gerard sniffled.
"Okay. I can ask her to come over."

-

Dani, Gerard and Danny's mom, came over in less than 10 minutes.
She knew about what they did here.
When she came inside she saw that nickjr was on. Eric had answered the door and led her to the guest room.
She went in and saw Gerard curled up on the floor.
He was only wearing a diaper and a t-shirt.
She came over and sat on the floor next to him.
"Hey, baby." She reached down and ran a hand through his hair.
He moved closer to her comforting touch, but he said nothing.
He was still crying.
"Do you think you could sit up for me?" She asked as she continued to rub his hair.
He half sat up and moved himself towards her lap.
The upper half of his body was laying on top of her.
"Okay, baby. Now do you think you could let someone change you?" She held her youngest son and continued running her fingers through his hair.
His bottom lip started to wobble, but he shook his head yes.
Dani got Gerard to turn just a little so that Danny could change him. Gerard was sobbing now. His breaths were ragged and he really didn't want anybody to touch him.
Danny finished quickly. He didn't bother putting Gerard's pants back on.
"See. That wasn't so bad, was it?" Dani asked.
"It was scary."
Dani reached over and got a small bag of tissues out of her purse. She reached down and wiped her son's face.
"See. All better." She smiled.
He sat up all the way and hugged his mom.
"I love you, mama."
"I love you too, my little lion." She kissed his head and hugged him tight.

-

Dani stayed over a little longer and sat with Gerard on the sofa.
They were watching Paw Patrol.
"Mama?" Gerard said to Dani.
"What, sweetie?"
Gerard looked like he wanted to say more, but instead said, "Who's your favorite doggie?"
She smiled at him and looked back at the tv. "Hmm. Tough question, buddy." She chose one at random. "I like the little bulldog."
"That's Rubble, mommy."
"Oh. I'm sorry. I like Rubble." She smiled. "Which one is your favorite?" She asked him.
"I like them all. Marshall is my most favorite though. He's silly and he drives a firetruck." Gerard said. "I like Chase too though cause he is brave and he's a police dog."
"Those are very good reasons to like them." Dani smiled.
"Daddy? Who's your favorite?" Gerard asked Danny next.
"Hm. I gotta say Rocky." Danny smiled at the boy.
"What bout you, papa?" Gerard looked over to Eric.
"My favorite?" Eric asked.
"Yeah." Gerard confirmed.
"Which one is the brown one?" Eric pointed to the pup on the screen.
"Zuma!" Gerard said with excitement. "He's your favorite?"
"Yeah." Eric smiled.
"I like Zuma too." Gerard leaned back and continued watching the show. It was almost over and it was nearing 9.
The show soon ended and Danny was quick to turn the tv off before Gerard could see what came on next.
"Alright, buddy. It's time for bed."
Gerard yawned and got up without complaining.
Dani stood up too and Gerard hugged her.
"Goodnight, mama." He said quietly.
"Goodnight, lion." She kissed his head.
He moved back to Danny's side and wrapped his arms around his brother. Danny lifted him up and walked forward to give their mom a hug.
"Goodnight, Danny. Call me if you need anything else."
"I will. Love you."
"Love you too." She smiled.
"Love you mommy."
"I love you too, sweetie."
Gerard stuck his thumb in his mouth and laid his head on Danny's chest. Eric walked Dani out and Danny and Gerard went to Gerard's bedroom.
"Do you need a change before bed?"
"No." Gerard shook his head.
Danny checked the color changing strip on the front to be sure anyway.
"Okay. Let's get you tucked in." Danny laid Gerard down under the covers and made sure the boy was comfy. "Okay. If you need anything and I mean anything. Just come over to my room. The door will be open and you can just wake me up. Okay?"
"Okay." Gerard rubbed his sleepy eyes.
"Goodnight. I love you." Danny kissed Gerard on the head and gave him a hug.
Eric walked in and said goodnight too.
"Love you." Gerard said again.
"We love you. Goodnight, Gerard."
"Night." Gerard said.