Status: Work In Progress

Untitled

Examination

The door opened to a room that appeared to be a nurse’s office. No one was in the room, though. There were the normal supplies one would find in here. As I was scanning the room visually, Buffer pushed my arm forward and let go. I looked up at him, confused, and he signaled to go to the examination table with a head nod. I stood there not knowing if I should. His face scrunched up a bit in frustration.

“Sit.” He ordered.

I didn’t know if he was into some kinky shit or what… But I became really uneasy as I did what he said. So I cautiously hopped up on the examination table and anxiously waited for what was going to happen next.

A couple of minutes went by and nothing happened. Buffer just stood in the same spot next to the table and didn’t move. At this point I couldn’t even think of what’s going to happen or what was going on here.

Then someone walked in.

A tall man walked in who had dark hair, was holding a clipboard and a white coat. I assure he’s the doctor. He put the clipboard down on the counter and then nodded at Buffer. I looked over at him to see him shut the door and then cross the room to a door I hadn’t noticed before and left through there. I wondered where it went to. Obviously it connected to another room, but what room.

“Follow the light.” He said with no emotion or expression at all.

The doctor clicked on his little light and shined it in my eyes. The typical “up, down, left, right” test was done. Then he checked my throat, heartbeat and reflexes. My height and weight were measured and weighed after. Five-three and one hundred and fifteen pounds. He wrote everything down and then prepped for something. Blood.

He was going to take my blood.

The first thing that popped into my head was “Why?”

Why did he need my blood…

Distracted by thought, I was pulled from this when he wrapped the rubber band around my upper arm. He then felt for my vein and cleaned the area off before grabbing the needle and vile.

I wasn’t afraid of needles… I welcomed it.

The needle was stuck into my arm and extracted my blood. About halfway full, he pulled the rubber band from my arm and took the vile out of the needle’s tube. Next, he took the needle out and disposed of it before giving me gauze and tape. The vile of my blood was then taped to my form on the clipboard.

“What do you need that for?” I finally mustered.

The doctor just looked at me with the most unpleasant expression and then turned, walking through the door he came in.

Just as he left, Buffer came in the same door a couple seconds later. He walked towards me, grabbing my arm again and pulled me off the table. I tried catching myself and gave him a dirty look as I did so. Pulling my arm and me with it, he walked us out the room turning right, and to the next door. This was the room the door connected to. My excitement peaked. I don’t know what’s behind that door but it didn’t matter, I was about to find out.

The door opened to the room, Buffer leading me in and all of my questions were about to be answered. The room was darker in color and larger than the last one. On the left side of the room, in the center, there was a table that had two men sitting at it but were facing away from us. As we got closer to the table, I noticed a little station of some sort, in the corner. Other than that, the room was empty.

Buffer sat me down at the table and I was then face to face with two men who appeared to be in some form of power. As I took in the faces of the two in front of me… Buffer stood behind me to my right, as if I was going to lunge across the table.

I was too interested and curious as to what they had to say.

The man on my right looked to be at least in his mid-forties, age present on his face. He had a full head of hair that was a light brown, sandy blonde and was brushed back. He didn’t have any facial hair and had brown eyes.

The other one was maybe in his thirties, definitely younger. His hair was dark brown that was slicked back and shiny as a result of this. His face was cleanly shaven too and looked really smooth. They both were dressed as if they just got done work…or out of a business meeting.

They both just sat there, the older one had my “paper work” in front of him. He then looked at it and back up to me, while the one on the left just stared at me.

“Not too tall or that heavy… Everything else appears to be fine. By the way, you took out our retrievers and attempted to escape…I think things will be very interesting.” The elder of the two finally spoke with neither a rough nor soft voice, as he smirked to himself.

Slick over there, just smiled and did not say anything.

“What are you talking about?” I questioned in confusion, more than anything.

“You’ll see…” The elder said with a smirk on his face and a slight sinister tone to his voice.

Just then a hand grabbed my arm from behind and I turned around, startled and ready to fight. I looked up to a man who came out of nowhere… He must of come in without me noticing while I was questioning the two in suits. This guy was young, scruffy, had dark hair and tattoos covering both arms that came out from his shirt. My arm was turned outward and he drew a straight line down the inside of my left bicep. It was about five inches, vertically and done in marker. I was extremely confused until he came back over to me and I heard a noise…

Before I could see what it was, he had my arm again and was coming at me with the needle. The line was being tattooed on my arm with the needle he had. They marked me. This was their form of a brand.

“So we know that you’re ours…and that you know.” Older business man stated with a tone of power and as if he has won.

As the needle was ran across my skin, I just looked at him, not giving him the satisfaction of pain. It didn’t hurt that much anyway, I was used to it from the tattoos I had. I stared him down and didn’t flinch, letting him know that he hasn’t beaten me.

As if he was throwing a fit…he glared at me when the guy was done and I showed no pain. Tattoo man left and Buffer stepped closer to me. I guess this meeting was over because the two men stood up and I was grabbed to do so myself.

“Stay close to her and keep your eye on her.”

Buffer just simply nodded.

He turned and started to the door, the younger trailing behind. Then as he opened the door, he turned to me.

“You have the rest of the day since you’re not filed yet. You start tomorrow.”

And then they left.