Status: English is not my mother tongue, so, my grammar might not be perfect. But I am working on it.

The Mist Dancer

Within the forest

For weeks I’ve been wandering these endless woods submerged by this unnatural mist. Or maybe it has been months, perhaps hours. It feels as if concept of time does not exist in this place. There is not a hint of sound here, not even my footsteps or breathing are heard.
But no matter how far I walk, I do not feel hunger nor thirst, my feet remain strong and my mind fresh. Perhaps time truly does not exist here.
I keep asking whether I am alive or not, as I walk this endless path. My identity is like a distant memory of the past, my name is irrelevant. Sometimes I look back to where I came from and a sudden feeling of dread takes over me, forcing me to keep on going onward to the unknown.
Every time I try to step off the barely visible road, probably formed by others lost walking here like me, I find myself stepping onto the same road I was walking away from.
The trees are so beautiful. White as pure snow and so tall that I cannot even see their tips through the mist.
I feel unity with this place, as if I was meant to be here. But I for unknown reasons, I feel sadness as well.
Something terrible has taken place here.
As I stop to think, the peaceful feeling of solitude is drained out of me, replaced by anxiety. Why am I here and why did I ever come here? I want to get out of here.
Then I saw ’it’.
A glowing light at the end of the road, containing all the colors both known and unknown to man, impossible to fully describe in its beauty.
Was it trying to guide me? Or was it what was keeping me going around this limbo?
Turning around was not a option, so, I followed this entity, dancing in the mist, intriguing my mind and making me forget everything I had thought of earlier.
Oh, lead me through this mist.
I pick up the pace, I want to catch the light. I know that I just need to catch it and I will get home, wherever it is.
But faster as I go, more the mist covers my sight, barely giving me vision of this mysterious being.
It wouldn’t be long before I find myself alone once more, wandering these endless woods, trapped in this realm not meant for men. I wish I could just remember. The cycle keeps repeating itself as long as I can’t remember.